PDA

View Full Version : Superfeet!!!

catfishrivers
04-03-2009, 22:49
I've been experiencing some foot pain in the instep of my foot, in the arch area. I've never really had this pain before, but recently I have been doing nearly double my usual hiking mileage, and mostly uphill to try and get myself ready for my thru hike. I began to worry that this issue would worsen and worsen and my hike might just be in jeopardy. Then I found superfeet inserts, and the problem literally started to get better within minutes of putting them in my boots, and lacing up. My feet and ankles feel much better supported and while still on my feet, the pain is entirely gone. When I takew them off, I still have a bit of the pain, but in one afternoon I already feel a ton better. I took a 2 mile hike with some steep sections to test 'em out, and they felt great while hiking too. I just wanted to spread the word because these things really seem to help if you have similar issues like flat feet/fallen arches or if you stretched the tendons too far by walking a lot uphill.

FYI!

catfishrivers
04-03-2009, 22:49
p.s. - I got mine from Campmor and they came in 2 days flat!

Slimer
04-03-2009, 23:14
I'm happy superfeet worked well for you, because I threw mine in the trash at Kincora. I bought the green ones and broke them in following the instructions, but they literally wrecked my feet. No way will I ever use superfeet again.

DavidNH
04-03-2009, 23:32
I'm happy superfeet worked well for you, because I threw mine in the trash at Kincora. I bought the green ones and broke them in following the instructions, but they literally wrecked my feet. No way will I ever use superfeet again.

I am with you Slimer. God himself will not be able to get me to use Superfeet again. EVER. One hike I did in the White Mtns and perhaps even when I finished up the long trail, my feet where in absolute pain.

Shock blockers or Spenco are the way to go!

Maybe superfeet work for some. To me they are torure devices! I also used green ones (are there other colors?) and my feet where done in and in absolute pain after a day of hiking.

DavidNH

catfishrivers
04-04-2009, 00:51
I am using the green ones, and for me, it was the right fix. Sorry you folks had the opposite experience.

Maybe the type of foot pain you were trying to treat them with was different than what they are intended for? I dunno, but they work for me and thank goodness they do!

Mr. Clean
04-04-2009, 05:18
They have really worked for me too. It,s great to have mostly pain free feet now.

hoz
04-04-2009, 06:16
Superfeet cleared up my plantar fasciitis but I have since moved on to Ultra Soles. I like them better.

RedneckRye
04-04-2009, 08:27
The instructions that come with Superfeet strongly suggest a break in period. An hour today, two hours tomorrow, etc.
If they don't work out, they have a 60 day no questions money back return.

BackTrack1
04-04-2009, 08:36
I had shin splints, they hurt like **** all of the time, so i went to the dr. and he told me to try super feet, i did, and they worked almost instantly, i use the green ones,
I never heard anyone complain about them , but everyones feet are different so i guess they cant work on everyone.

cashout
04-04-2009, 09:21
I have tried Super Feet and took them back after 35 miles of break in on the trail. No help whatsoever to my sometimes aching feet. I will be trying the SOLE brand next since you can actually heat mold them to your feet thus reducing or eliminating any break-in period. If that doesn't work, I will have a Podiatrist make a custom insole support that is fitted perfectly to my foot. This obviously be the most expensive route but may be worth it. In my non hiking shoes, I use a gel based insole. I love them but can’t wear them in my Gortex shoes as they will ruin the Gortex membrane like many other insoles on the market.

brooklynkayak
04-04-2009, 13:07

Superfeet are meant for certain type of foot conditions and shape. If they don't jive with your feet, then they will suck. Best to see a foot expert to decide what is bets for you. I think most people find their shoes are lacking in arch support so superfeet or others help.

1azarus
04-04-2009, 15:42
i believe that the orange superfeet are the only ones they make specifically for a man's foot. i found that the green ones were slightly too narrow in the heel, and destroyed my feet -- but the orange ones were perfect for me. as you all say, to each his own, but my "standard" width male foot has been really happy with the ORANGE superfeet.

Bearpaw
04-04-2009, 18:46
I have wide heels and almost flat feet, very different from the out-of-the-box green Superfeet. It takes me close to a month to break in a pair. But once they are broken in, they can't be beat. They've made a huge difference in 500 mile summers, versus the kind of foot pain I experienced when I thru-hiked the AT 10 years ago.

Many Walks
04-04-2009, 20:22
I found Superfeet to be hard and lack cushioning. Spenco Backpackers give me great support and cushioning to eliminate foot pain.