PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Bag Help

ibigler5
04-05-2009, 21:31
So I understand the noticeable difference between Right zip and left zip. So my question is what is the point of the 2 different zips? Im right handed, so do I get a right zip?

Egads
04-05-2009, 21:33
Left zip means a right handed person will reach across their chest to open / close the zipper. Most right handed people prefer a left zip since they can extend their arm.

shelterbuilder
04-05-2009, 21:39
Also, if the two bags have the same size and style right and left hand zippers, they can be zipped together - for when your "significant other" comes along with you! (Or for emergency hypothermia core-rewarming in-the-field.)

lingo
04-05-2009, 22:32
Also, if the two bags have the same size and style right and left hand zippers, they can be zipped together - for when your "significant other" comes along with you!

And for this reason I one 2 of the same bag one is right and one is left.;)

sliderule
04-05-2009, 23:57
Left zip means a right handed person will reach across their chest to open / close the zipper. Most right handed people prefer a left zip since they can extend their arm.

I certainly agree with that. What I don't understand is why most bivy bags have right hand zippers, since most people are right-handed.

Wise Old Owl
04-06-2009, 00:01
I certainly agree with that. What I don't understand is why most bivy bags have right hand zippers, since most people are right-handed.

You got me on that one I noticed that too.:-?

buz
04-06-2009, 09:27
Because they are made by left handers, lol. Go lefties.

skinny minnie
04-06-2009, 09:32
If you are a side sleeper and always sleep on a specific side, you may want to take that into consideration. I tend to burrow down into a bag and waking up with my face pressed into the zipper is never fun.