PDA

View Full Version : Damascus to Harpers Ferry section hike

Slo-go'en
04-06-2009, 17:47
Looks like I'm all set for this spring's section hike. All packed up and ready to to go. (24 pounds fully loaded:)) I get on the bus out of town early Wensday morning and head south. I hope I can do the 10 miles to Trimpi Shelter straight off the bus after the 30 hour mind and body numbing ride!

Since the bus drops me off at Marion, VA, will take the Iron Mt trail just past Hurricane Mt shelter south to Damascus, do a quick pit stop and head back north on the AT.

I suspect it will be pretty quiet in VA this time of year. Hope I'm not too lonely out there. I did have fun being in the thick of the party crowd leaving Springer last April 1st, but it did get a bit crazy at times. It will be nice to be well ahead of the bubble this time.

Happy Trails!

drdewrag
04-06-2009, 19:00
Well ahead of the bubble for sure, but you'll have your share of thru-hikers...

Chaco Taco
04-06-2009, 19:03
Looks like I'm all set for this spring's section hike. All packed up and ready to to go. (24 pounds fully loaded:)) I get on the bus out of town early Wensday morning and head south. I hope I can do the 10 miles to Trimpi Shelter straight off the bus after the 30 hour mind and body numbing ride!

Since the bus drops me off at Marion, VA, will take the Iron Mt trail just past Hurricane Mt shelter south to Damascus, do a quick pit stop and head back north on the AT.

I suspect it will be pretty quiet in VA this time of year. Hope I'm not too lonely out there. I did have fun being in the thick of the party crowd leaving Springer last April 1st, but it did get a bit crazy at times. It will be nice to be well ahead of the bubble this time.

Happy Trails!

So what, you didnt have fun with us? Im just bustin your balls. Hey have fun. We def gotta get together when you finish and we head up north. Maybe sooner rather than later. Have a good hike Slo-go'en.

Kirby
04-06-2009, 20:26
There will be people. I was in Damascus April 7th.

C-Bass
04-22-2009, 17:29
Slo-go'en you just had to go early this year in getting on from catawba Va but not until the May 17th so it looks like ill miss you this year but i hope nothing but the best for ya...

Lemni Skate
05-02-2009, 17:08
Definitely a few thru-hikers coming through here all April. I'd say the trickle starts at SNP (my stomping grounds) the last week in March and by Memorial Day it's a full fledged deluge. There are still a few trickling through in the end of July, but I suspect almost all of them don't make it.

karoberts
05-02-2009, 17:46
I am doing the same section starting June 10. I can't wait. I think about it all day, every day!!!