PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to order from Big Sky yet?

pyro
04-07-2009, 09:42
Newbie to the site but not to backpacking...
I'm interested in the Big Sky Revolution 1P 2D tent http://www.bigskyinternational.com/SummitShelters/Big_Sky_Revolution_1P_details.htm for solo b'packing but after reading all the bad experiences everyone's had with delayed orders and poor customer service I don't know if I should. I'm also looking at Henry Shires Rainbow http://www.tarptent.com/rainbow.htmlas my other choice. My Hubba Hubba is a perfect tent for solo backpacking but if I can save a couple pounds then I'm all for it.

The Revolution has the option of two doors and vestibules and possibly better ventilation as compared to the Rainbow, a concern here in the deep south (Ga., N.C.) where I hike most of the time. Has Big Sky finally gotten their act together? Should I just go ahead, be safe and order from Henry and be done with it :confused:

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

pyro
54, b'packing the Smokies and southern Appalachians since 1970

skinewmexico
04-07-2009, 09:51
Hard to argue with ordering from Henry, and he's got some great looking new models. You might ask the Big Sky question on BPL though.

mrmuddy1
04-07-2009, 10:57
I bet Henry ... literally . ..has thousands of VERY satisfied customers.. This is due to both his great products . and his great service.

Hard to find ( if any ? ) dissatisfied cusotmers.

On the other hand .. I suspect that the Big Sky customers number in the hundreds ( ? ) maybe less... And . the " positive posts " that I have seen .. well . I think that I could count them on one hand .

One could alomost guarantee that they would be happy with one of Henry's tents ... Big Sky = Big Gamble..

Blissful
04-07-2009, 11:21
Tarptents are great tents and Henry is super. I broke a pole on my hike and he had a new one to me in no time flat.

pyro
04-07-2009, 14:43
Thanks for all the replies... I've decided to order the Rainbow. Doesn't sound like I could go wrong.

pyro

slow
04-07-2009, 22:14
Thanks for all the replies... I've decided to order the Rainbow. Doesn't sound like I could go wrong.

pyro

Big sky would be a much better setup for the south.
BOB has cleaned up his act,as shipping has been on time,plus one on one help from him.

I think you will not be happy with air movement for the $ spent?