PDA

View Full Version : How to get from Tri Cities to Damascus

RichardD
04-08-2009, 15:38
My plans for getting to Damascus for my Summer hike are going slightly awry. I am exploring alternatives and I find I can fly to Tri Cities Tenn airport for a reasonable price.
Is there a bus service from the airport to Damascus or nearby shuttle services that can help at reasonable cost?
I am not prepared to hitch hike out of the airport although sometime this Summer I might get to have my first expience at hitch hiking to resupply towns.
I am not familiar with the area so I don't know whether a taxi is a reasonable cost.
Any info. would be appreciated.

JDCool1
04-09-2009, 01:10
Contact Lone Wolf. He may be ready to resume his shuttle service by the time you need it. There are others in Damascus that could help. He would know. He helped me last May. A great guy.

Doc
04-09-2009, 06:53
If Wolf doesn't work out, call Mt. Rogers Outfitters. They were very helpful to me when doing sections in the area. Even if you don't need them for transportation, stop in and say hello-maybe even buy something. They are great folks.

Lone Wolf
04-09-2009, 06:54
My plans for getting to Damascus for my Summer hike are going slightly awry. I am exploring alternatives and I find I can fly to Tri Cities Tenn airport for a reasonable price.
Is there a bus service from the airport to Damascus or nearby shuttle services that can help at reasonable cost?
I am not prepared to hitch hike out of the airport although sometime this Summer I might get to have my first expience at hitch hiking to resupply towns.
I am not familiar with the area so I don't know whether a taxi is a reasonable cost.
Any info. would be appreciated.

is $50 reasonable? it's about 50 miles one way

RichardD
04-09-2009, 22:21
Lone Wolf, : Absolutely, most reasonable.
Plans are still in limbo but I will pm you as soon as I know for sure how I will be travelling to Virginia. Either my wife will drive me on the way to friends or family (This is the part in limbo) or I will book a flight. Around June 1st.
Thanks for the replies.