PDA

View Full Version : MountainGear.com?

Wyatt
04-09-2009, 20:46
Has anyone had any luck or problems with MountainGear.com? They've got a big "sale" section, but I can't find much for online reviews. Some of the ones I can find are not all that great.

Thanks!

Wyatt

Feral Bill
04-09-2009, 21:15
I shop at their retail store an Spokane and have done a lot of business with them over the years. They are a first class outfit, with an emphasis on high end gear. I have not seen much ultra light in the store, if that's your bent.

jonathanb23
04-09-2009, 21:56
I concur ...I have ordered from them several times and have found them to be top notch.

mudcap
04-10-2009, 09:26
Ditto,never had a problem with them. Great service.

rwpontius
04-11-2009, 11:21
I have ordered from them several times from the sale catalog and have had fine service.
RP

Toolshed
04-11-2009, 20:10
They tend to cater more to climbers needing technical gear. I Have bought stuff every year or for the past 10 or so and never had a problem with them. Even during their blow out sales. They are very good.

BackTrack1
04-12-2009, 08:03
Has anyone had any luck or problems with MountainGear.com? They've got a big "sale" section, but I can't find much for online reviews. Some of the ones I can find are not all that great.

Thanks!

Wyatt
Well, my daughter ordered an osprey pack from them, they sent the wrong one and then didnt have the right one in stock, no big deal.

BUT, it took almost 30 days to get her money returned to her account from the day they received the pack she returned.

Far to long i think, they certainly didnt waist any time pulling the money from her account when she ordered, it just showes me that there return department really SUCKS!!! especially when it wasnt even her mistake to begin with.

Good luck w/ them, i dont think we will order from them again.

troglobil
04-12-2009, 12:40
I sent them a return and was sent back another of the item and charged a second time. Took a while to get everything straightened out. I am no longer on their mailing list.

Feral Bill
04-12-2009, 13:28
I am sorry you had trouble with Mountaingear. I expect is the exception. The owner, Paul Fish, would surely want to learn of any problems and get them fixed.