PDA

View Full Version : doese the trail spit out into North adams??town?

Alaskanhkr23
04-12-2009, 00:29
trying to find out where in north adams i can be picked up,by the fiance... HELPP WISE HIKERS ,that and the banana icon is making me uncompfortable LOL

celt
04-12-2009, 05:54
The A.T. crosses and follows a number of streets in North Adams including Route 2 but the only one marked with hiker parking is on Pattison Rd near the Mt. Williams Resevoir. If you don't have a map of the trail I recommend the ATCs online interactive map. Its simular to Google Maps. I've found it useful in planning. It has maps and satellite views: http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/c.mqLTIYOwGlF/b.4850633/k.9733/Interactive_Map.htm

Quoddy
04-12-2009, 09:05
If you are actually leaving the trail in North Adams there are a number of good places to meet your finance. The parking area mentioned above is one of only a few designated for overnight (or longer) parking when using the trail and would be fine. Most (thru) hikers that I shuttle meet me at either Rt 2 where the AT crosses (Phelps St) or at the nearby Stop & Shop which is a terrific place to resupply.

Alaskanhkr23
04-12-2009, 11:50
thanks im gonna get picked up on phels ave.thanks

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 19:35
You can take the bus into town also

Deadeye
04-12-2009, 21:20
I think it's about time you got yourself a guidbook and/or map set, so you can figure out where you are and how far it is to where you ain't.

modiyooch
04-12-2009, 21:31
I don't think so. I get my BEST info from whiteblazers. I rather see the exchange of valuable info than the bickering of politics or jumping on people for nothing. Afterall, it is the AT forum.