PDA

View Full Version : rules will be enforced in the U.S. of A.

neighbor dave
04-12-2009, 09:26
:-?any dope carryn' hippy hikers be warned.
we as citizens of this fine country will not tolerate law breakin people livin' here,just don't look who's mowin your lawn, cleanin your house, sittin your kids, servin you coffee at d+d, and so on and so forth.:D

neighbor dave
04-12-2009, 09:42
:-?yep! ol' neighbor's correck.
i'z node fer sher ol' dubya never partook in the powdah:rolleyes:

zoidfu
04-12-2009, 09:44
spelling will also be enforced

fehchet
04-12-2009, 09:51
This is not on the humor thread?

neighbor dave
04-12-2009, 09:54
This is not on the humor thread?
this is a very very serious matter, not to be joking about!:rolleyes:;)

warraghiyagey
04-12-2009, 09:57
we as citizens of this fine country will not tolerate law breakin people livin' here,just don't look who's mowin your lawn, cleanin your house, sittin your kids, servin you coffee at d+d, and so on and so forth.:D
Drivin your police cruisers. . .
Building your homes. . .
Seeing to your finances. . .
Caring for your sick and injured. . .
etc. . .

Sly
04-12-2009, 10:51
No kidding. Recently I took Stumpknocker and Mrs Gorp to the start of the CDT on the Columbus route and about 10 miles from the border on the highway, Border Patrol have an inspection station set up. They had a dog too.

If you walk the Jim Wolf route you walk right through this. For anyone familiar with the CDT, it's right before Borderline Coop.

Alaskanhkr23
04-12-2009, 11:15
wow i thought as hikers people would be liberal not making a police state out of the trails now aye?? LOL DOPERS HA!!! love it

TrippinBTM
04-12-2009, 11:17

Ah yes, the laboring classes, we work hard, and yet don't deserve our relaxation at day's end, what a shame. Even though I always found mowing lawns to be a great job... outside in the fresh air, getting some sun, and making some serious coin while I'm at it. Probably the best jobs I ever had were in landscaping/mowing.

anyways, where are you going with this thread?

Jayboflavin04
04-12-2009, 11:35
So does this mean that consumption of alcoholic beverages on the trail will be looked at as "open container/public intox" and be subject to full punishment by "law"!

Hope this isnt hikin humor?

CowHead
04-12-2009, 18:01
So does this mean that consumption of alcoholic beverages on the trail will be looked at as "open container/public intox" and be subject to full punishment by "law"!

Hope this isnt hikin humor?

Yes let's throw all those redneck wiskey drinking beer belly hikers in jail too....wait the trail mice would become extinct no one would be on the trail lol and I know this is a joke. rules or for folks who can't obey their life

mtnkngxt
04-12-2009, 18:08
This will get Closed in 3.2.1. Score another Pointless Thread.

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 18:51

Yo dude, it aint just hippies smokin dope on the trail. :rolleyes:

mudcap
04-12-2009, 19:11
Yo dude, it aint just hippies smokin dope on the trail. :rolleyes:

Correct... I know this judge that... he tells me they do not get piss tested like all the other scum on the planet...:eek: He just about pi$$ed himself on that one.

It should be mandatory for all citizens to catch a REAL buzz before they condemn weed.:rolleyes:

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 19:17
Correct... I know this judge that... he tells me they do not get piss tested like all the other scum on the planet...:eek: He just about pi$$ed himself on that one.

It should be mandatory for all citizens to catch a REAL buzz before they condemn weed.:rolleyes:

No Im just sayin dont stereotype that only hippies are the dope smokers on the trail. I was surprised to see who else were dope smokers on our hike last year

Sly
04-12-2009, 19:27
No Im just sayin dont stereotype that only hippies are the dope smokers on the trail. I was surprised to see who else were dope smokers on our hike last year

No kidding, forget the trades, I know bankers, lawyers, firemen and Phds that smoke when off work.

neighbor dave
04-12-2009, 19:30
this is a joke thread ya know.
it's a take-off of that other thread.

Lone Wolf
04-12-2009, 19:31
No kidding, forget the trades, I know bankers, lawyers, firemen and Phds that smoke when off work.

wow. dope must be really good. do they let their kids smoke it since it's so wonderful? y'all say it's so harmless

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 19:34
wow. dope must be really good. do they let their kids smoke it since it's so wonderful? y'all say it's so harmless

I understand your point but sayin that its just the hippie hikers is stereotyping.

vonfrick
04-12-2009, 20:06
I understand your point but sayin that its just the hippie hikers is stereotyping.

not to mention there's hippies who don't smoke

kanga
04-12-2009, 20:06
damn hippies

wakapak
04-12-2009, 20:08

exactly...........

warraghiyagey
04-12-2009, 20:10

exactly...........
Hippie. . .

wakapak
04-12-2009, 20:11
Hippie. . .

who me??? :cool:

warraghiyagey
04-12-2009, 20:13
who me??? :cool:
Yupperdoodle. . . . :sun:sun

wakapak
04-12-2009, 20:13

Hahaha! :D

mudcap
04-12-2009, 20:56

good point...hippy does not mean weed at all...

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 20:56
Are you friggin serious?

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 20:57

Are there hippies in Mass?

warraghiyagey
04-12-2009, 20:58
At least one. . .http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-music037.gif

phillycheze
04-13-2009, 03:00
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

hippies died in the early 70's. read a book. tie-dye, pot, and a love/peace attitude will never make u a hippie. no matter how hard you try. protest the war and get beaten by cops then arrested. then u'll be pretty close to reaching HIPPIE level in dungeon and dragons.

oh and BTW, the non-hiker world thinks all hikers are hippies. they are as ignorant as most of you.

phillycheze
04-13-2009, 03:01

hippies died in the early 70's. read a book. tie-dye, pot, and a love/peace attitude will never make u a hippie. no matter how hard you try. protest the war and get beaten by cops then arrested. then u'll be pretty close to reaching HIPPIE level in dungeon and dragons.

oh and BTW, the non-hiker world thinks all hikers are hippies. they are as ignorant as most of you.

phillycheze
04-13-2009, 03:08
sorry about the double post. bad internet connection........

beakerman
04-13-2009, 03:18
I think the definition of "hippie" has changed from the 60's. In fact from what I understand even the hippies back then did not fit into any formal definitions. It's like the term redneck...everyone thinks they know what it means and most will deny that they are one--even when consensus says they are one.

So what do you call someone with a spare 6 months to do a through hike? what if they smoke pot and wear tie-dye too? Just askin'...because I was always told if it looks and sounds like a duck it's probably a duck...

phillycheze
04-13-2009, 04:24
So what do you call someone with a spare 6 months to do a through hike? what if they smoke pot and wear tie-dye too? Just askin'...because I was always told if it looks and sounds like a duck it's probably a duck...

how 'bout calling them their name.

we should be better than these labels.

beakerman
04-13-2009, 04:32
how 'bout calling them their name.

we should be better than these labels.

umm that was meant as a joke as in this entire thread...I put it in my sig so do I have to use the smilies to make you understand????

geesh:rolleyes:;):D is that better?

CowHead
04-13-2009, 06:54
damm yankee's

Tin Man
04-13-2009, 07:09
bikers are hippies

peeps who drive pickups with gun racks are rednecks

everyone knows that

TOW
04-13-2009, 08:00
Rednecks. white socks, and Blue Ribbon beer!

TrippinBTM
04-13-2009, 08:48

Only the religious ones ;)

Although actually, the Catholic Church frowns on hippies. Patchouli really doesn't mingle well with their kind of incense.

catfishrivers
04-13-2009, 09:08
I think the definition of "hippie" has changed from the 60's. In fact from what I understand even the hippies back then did not fit into any formal definitions. It's like the term redneck...everyone thinks they know what it means and most will deny that they are one--even when consensus says they are one.

pot smoking ducks?!?! this must be dealt with!

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 11:38

Give it up, just by calling people ignorant makes you as ignorant as the rest. Get over yourself:rolleyes:

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 11:39
sorry about the double post. bad internet connection........
That makes you a HIPPIE!!!!!:banana

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 11:40
pot smoking ducks?!?! this must be dealt with!
And in Maine the loons smoke dope, hence the name looooooooon

Mother's Finest
04-13-2009, 12:28
I am a Hippie and damn proud of it.

looks can be deceiving

peace
mf

Rockhound
04-13-2009, 13:30
That whiskey must be really good. Do they let their kids drink it since it's so wonderful? y'all say it's so harmless.

DAJA
04-13-2009, 13:43

Weak arguement! Most of us would agree that sex is really good too, but most of us won't be encouraging our children to run out and have sex!

And further, if we're going to determine what is exceptable or not in society by level of harm caused, then we'll be saying goodbye to fast food and processed food, alcohol, tobacco, firearms, cars, cosmetics, pestisides, synthetics, plastic, fertilizers, pretty much everything that makes our current world work... Just say'n!

phillycheze
04-13-2009, 13:44
well then, i must be an ignorant hillbilly-redneck-city slicker-hippie.
thanks for clearing that up.

DAJA
04-13-2009, 14:01
Rethinking Wolf's question, my answer would be yes... Given the choice, (if only parents where so lucky) if I could choose my child's first experience experimenting with alcohol or drugs, I'd choose pot hands down. It's far and away safer in many ways then alcohol. Especially considering the binge drinking teens do... Can't say I’ve ever heard of a person dying of "pot" poisoning like you do alcohol.. Alcohol gives most first timers a superman complex that leads to doing stupid things.. The worst there going to get from pot is the munchies, maybe try and turn a bladder into a bong, and eventually a nap... Yeah, so Wolf my answer would certainly be yes if I was so lucky to have a choice!

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 14:04
well then, i must be an ignorant hillbilly-redneck-city slicker-hippie.
thanks for clearing that up.

Hey anytime you need a gut check, Im here for ya:D

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 14:06
I am a Hippie and damn proud of it.

looks can be deceiving

peace
mf

But wait, I thought there was no such thing as a hippie anymore. Remember, they died in the 70's! :rolleyes:

Mother's Finest
04-13-2009, 17:26
But wait, I thought there was no such thing as a hippie anymore. Remember, they died in the 70's! :rolleyes:

naw just false information given out back on page one or two of the thread

congrats to you and Wak as well. Good Luck! I got my ten year at the end of the month.

peace
mf

Bearpaw
04-13-2009, 21:08
It's like the term redneck...everyone thinks they know what it means and most will deny that they are one--even when consensus says they are one.

I know plenty of rednecks. They'd all proudly claim it.

catfishrivers
04-13-2009, 21:12
Reappropriate the language yo

I'm a redneck hippie cyber nomad.

Tin Man
04-13-2009, 21:21

correct. they is just hippie wannabe's

Dr O
04-13-2009, 23:24
Can't say I’ve ever heard of a person dying of "pot" poisoning like you do alcohol.. Alcohol gives most first timers a superman complex that leads to doing stupid things.. The worst there going to get from pot is the munchies, maybe try and turn a bladder into a bong, and eventually a nap... Yeah, so Wolf my answer would certainly be yes if I was so lucky to have a choice!

There's never even been a documented case of death from pot. Even WATER consumption has been documented as a cause of death.

What's scary is that inhalants are on the rise and becoming popular with teens. Talk about a bad drug! :(

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 23:37
There's never even been a documented case of death from pot. Even WATER consumption has been documented as a cause of death.

What's scary is that inhalants are on the rise and becoming popular with teens. Talk about a bad drug! :(

And not so coincidently, people trying to beat a drug screening have gotten water intoxication and have died in an effort to water down their piss.

bishopj
04-13-2009, 23:55
It seen to me this post got off track it about obey the rules that a hostel has set up for ever one enjoyment. If they can't follow the rules then leave the hostel or the Place. How many places have close on the A.T because of this type of crap. The trail has lost many places because a few dumb a** can't follow the rules and spoil it for ever one.Oh yet just so you know when you take one shot of a alcohol you wipe out one brain cell when you take a hit off a joint you wipe out 1000 brain cells. Now let think !!!!!!! real facts not made up you can look up your self well that it.
:-?

Dr O
04-13-2009, 23:57
It seen to me this post got off track it about obey the rules that a hostel has set up for ever one enjoyment.

wrong thread :)

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 23:59
Oh yet just so you know when you take one shot of a alcohol you wipe out one brain cell when you take a hit off a joint you wipe out 1000 brain cells. Now let think !!!!!!! real facts not made up you can look up your self well that it.

sigh..................:( You make reality sad

catfishrivers
04-14-2009, 00:11
It seen to me this post got off track it about obey the rules that a hostel has set up for ever one enjoyment. If they can't follow the rules then leave the hostel or the Place. How many places have close on the A.T because of this type of crap. The trail has lost many places because a few dumb a** can't follow the rules and spoil it for ever one.Oh yet just so you know when you take one shot of a alcohol you wipe out one brain cell when you take a hit off a joint you wipe out 1000 brain cells. Now let think !!!!!!! real facts not made up you can look up your self well that it.

That's wrong, but it's funny that you believe it to be true. Oh the humanity...

superman
04-14-2009, 00:16
Most of y'all are to young to remember what a bunch of low lifen, chicken ****, dirt bags hippies were. :-?

Dr O
04-14-2009, 00:20
sigh..................:( You make reality sad

I know, right? People have been lying about weed for years.

People lie about weed, then kids try it, figure out it's pretty benign, then they figure you're lying about crack and everything else too, so they try them...

That's why weed is a "gateway" drug, that's why kids experiment with other things after trying it, and that's why kids don't take advice from adults seriously.

Marijuana does not kill brain cells. You shouldn't smoke it because it's a misdemeanor and/or a felony and you'll probably lose your education grants with a drug record. (on top of having the record) I don't know why people think a kid who is planning on experimenting with drugs would be swayed by a health argument anyway. 6% of teenagers these days are huffing inhalants, that literally MELT THE FAT BASED LINING OF YOUR BRAIN away. kids think they're invincible. Lying about the health risks is pointless, even if the intentions are good.

zoidfu
04-14-2009, 00:33
I know, right? People have been lying about weed for years.

People lie about weed, then kids try it, figure out it's pretty benign, then they figure you're lying about crack and everything else too, so they try them...

That's why weed is a "gateway" drug, that's why kids experiment with other things after trying it, and that's why kids don't take advice from adults seriously.

Marijuana does not kill brain cells. You shouldn't smoke it because it's a misdemeanor and/or a felony and you'll probably lose your education grants with a drug record. (on top of having the record) I don't know why people think a kid who is planning on experimenting with drugs would be swayed by a health argument anyway. 6% of teenagers these days are huffing inhalants, that literally MELT THE FAT BASED LINING OF YOUR BRAIN away. kids think they're invincible. Lying about the health risks is pointless, even if the intentions are good.

Correct, although I disagree about it being a gateway drug(they got you with that one:)). And say gateway theory was true- alcohol or nicotine would easily supplant marijuana as the gateway drug.

Marijuana laws were born out of racism and kept alive by ignorance and hypocrisy so you can count on absurd "facts" being rolled out. It's the only leg prohibitionists have to stand on.... And I swear, just when I think I've heard it all, I get blindsided by something like, "a shot kills 1 brain cell and a joint kills 1000."

What will they think of next?

phillycheze
04-14-2009, 01:00
got a light? and a bottle opener?

Chaco Taco
04-14-2009, 01:29
Most of y'all are to young to remember what a bunch of low lifen, chicken ****, dirt bags hippies were. :-?

Be careful with this comment. I have an uncle that was very actively involved in the sixties and still is a hippie and he is by no means a low life, chicken **** dirt bag. Be very careful what you say.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

neighbor dave
04-14-2009, 05:40
:-? i tried smokin' hash once............. i couldn't get the corned beef lit!:jump

neighbor dave
04-14-2009, 05:41
I know plenty of rednecks. They'd all proudly claim it.
:-? rednecks are like flies, they eat $hist and bother people :D

Johnny Thunder
04-14-2009, 06:54
got a light? and a bottle opener?

Come on people....Chaco's make bongs with less.

Johnny Thunder
04-14-2009, 06:55
sorry..."made" bongs with less.

hoz
04-14-2009, 07:26
:-? rednecks are like flies, they eat $hist and bother people :D

live in trailer parks and abuse their daughters/sons/cousins.

superman
04-14-2009, 07:28
Be careful with this comment. I have an uncle that was very actively involved in the sixties and still is a hippie and he is by no means a low life, chicken **** dirt bag. Be very careful what you say.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Never saw one that wasn't.

zoidfu
04-14-2009, 07:29

So, what's up with your distaste for hippies? Fill me in, I wasn't there.

warraghiyagey
04-14-2009, 07:45

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:Vjbe_DYX5RxawM:http://selfhelprevolution.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/how_to_win_friends_and_influence_people.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://selfhelprevolution.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/how_to_win_friends_and_influence_people.jpg&imgrefurl=http://selfhelprevolution.wordpress.com/2009/02/&usg=__VEciei7lps8gfIsjegPX2ks0T20=&h=500&w=309&sz=31&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=Vjbe_DYX5RxawM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=80&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhow%2Bto%2Bwin%2Bfriends%2Band%2Binfl uence%2Bpeople%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den)

superman
04-14-2009, 08:03
http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:Vjbe_DYX5RxawM:http://selfhelprevolution.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/how_to_win_friends_and_influence_people.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://selfhelprevolution.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/how_to_win_friends_and_influence_people.jpg&imgrefurl=http://selfhelprevolution.wordpress.com/2009/02/&usg=__VEciei7lps8gfIsjegPX2ks0T20=&h=500&w=309&sz=31&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=Vjbe_DYX5RxawM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=80&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhow%2Bto%2Bwin%2Bfriends%2Band%2Binfl uence%2Bpeople%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den)

Those are freinds I won't be having. It was what it was.

warraghiyagey
04-14-2009, 08:05
I guess that excludes me then. . . http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sad058.gif

DAJA
04-14-2009, 08:20
Well, you may be rounding a bend on the trail when you smell burning sage, and find me enjoying a view and a toke. Y'all are welcome to call me a hippy, or a low life chicken**** dirtbag. Either way I'll be happy living the life I love, and not waste my day pinning folks with narrow minded, ignorant and self serving titles...

EVERYDAY!

StarLyte
04-14-2009, 08:36
Well, you may be rounding a bend on the trail when you smell burning sage, and find me enjoying a view and a toke. Y'all are welcome to call me a hippy, or a low life chicken**** dirtbag. Either way I'll be happy living the life I love, and not waste my day pinning folks with narrow minded, ignorant and self serving titles...

EVERYDAY!

Good for you Daja...enjoy.

If I stopped once and worried about what people think of me I'd be hiding in my closet forever.

warraghiyagey
04-14-2009, 08:43
If I stopped once and worried about what people think of me I'd be hiding in my closet forever.
:sun:sun:sun

Tin Man
04-14-2009, 08:48
Good for you Daja...enjoy.

Awesome. :cool: ...but careful with the 'closet' analogy... just sayin'

Homer&Marje
04-14-2009, 08:49
Don't bother me in Massachusetts if you find me smokin. Aint a crime bitches

Prop 2 baby...thank you 83% of Massachusetts voters.

Modern day hippies dirtbags too? Cause I got plenty of friends that would be willing to testify in our defense. I work 3 jobs and have sustained a 12 year relationship and am a fully functioning human being.

"Have fun stormin' the castle!"

Chaco Taco
04-14-2009, 09:50
Im not touchin this stereotyping of hippies anymore. Just be careful when you basically say ALL.

I have an experience Id like to share that is directly related to the topic at hand.
Couple of weeks ago, Wak and I were out enjoying the company of some really awesome thruhikers. By the way, there is a great group out this year. So we get to a particular shelter and build a fire. Granted we are doing "our thing" albeit, very privately. We are passing around a small bottle of bourbon with some of the hikers telling them about some of the people they may meet and sharing our experinces from 08. The main thing to say is that 3 hikers were cooking dinner, the sun was not quite setting. All of a sudden, the one disturbed hiker in the bunch races out and ask us how long we plan to be up and if we could "shut the f*** up?" We reminded him that he had the option of camping if he didnt like the fact that we were up. We had just gotten there and set up camp also. This guy went off. He got up again and started making threats about calling police and that he was ex military and that he would "do things he was trained to do" to us. He got in the face of another hiker so I stepped in and he just went berserk. The point is that you really never know who you will cross paths with on the trail and when doing things that are techinically "illegal" you really gotta watch your back even if you are outta sight.

Lone Wolf
04-14-2009, 09:56
Im not touchin this stereotyping of hippies anymore. Just be careful when you basically say ALL.

I have an experience Id like to share that is directly related to the topic at hand.
Couple of weeks ago, Wak and I were out enjoying the company of some really awesome thruhikers. By the way, there is a great group out this year. So we get to a particular shelter and build a fire. Granted we are doing "our thing" albeit, very privately. We are passing around a small bottle of bourbon with some of the hikers telling them about some of the people they may meet and sharing our experinces from 08. The main thing to say is that 3 hikers were cooking dinner, the sun was not quite setting. All of a sudden, the one disturbed hiker in the bunch races out and ask us how long we plan to be up and if we could "shut the f*** up?" We reminded him that he had the option of camping if he didnt like the fact that we were up. We had just gotten there and set up camp also. This guy went off. He got up again and started making threats about calling police and that he was ex military and that he would "do things he was trained to do" to us. He got in the face of another hiker so I stepped in and he just went berserk. The point is that you really never know who you will cross paths with on the trail and when doing things that are techinically "illegal" you really gotta watch your back even if you are outta sight.shelters suck

Chaco Taco
04-14-2009, 09:57
I agree and we were staying in our tent up the way but just hangin out with the hikers.

DAJA
04-14-2009, 10:32
All the weight weenies must be pot heads huh? Think about this, one beer in a can weighs around 12 oz... Now imagine 12 oz of pot!:sun I'd have to ditch my tent to make room in my pack for that mother load!
You wouldn't catch much of a buzz of a single beer but boy I tell ya, with 12oz of the good stuff, you'd be floating to maine!

Lone Wolf
04-14-2009, 10:45
All the weight weenies must be pot heads huh? Think about this, one beer in a can weighs around 12 oz... Now imagine 12 oz of pot!:sun I'd have to ditch my tent to make room in my pack for that mother load!
You wouldn't catch much of a buzz of a single beer but boy I tell ya, with 12oz of the good stuff, you'd be floating to maine!

dopers can't afford a few joints worth of dope never mind an ounce or 12 ounces. what little cash they have goes to dope and not to hostel donation boxes

Alligator
04-14-2009, 10:48
Time to reign in the marijuana talk folks, not a lot of discretion being practiced regarding the subject.