PDA

View Full Version : If you could make on thing illegal on the trail what would it be?

Pages : [1] 2

zoidfu
04-12-2009, 12:00
I would make pestering me about religion illegal.

I'm going to edit out most of what I said because I don't want to get this post to get locked in it's infancy.

earlyriser26
04-12-2009, 12:11
Happy Easter

Deerleg
04-12-2009, 12:14
Politics. Nothing like getting to a shelter to listen to a rant about what this or that Pres is doing wrong. I like to hike to give that stuff a rest.

aufgahoban
04-12-2009, 12:31
snoring. :-)

mikec
04-12-2009, 12:37
Washing one's cooking pot containing of ramen noodle residue in springs near shelters or soaking one's feet in any spring near the trail.

ed bell
04-12-2009, 12:45
I find it funny that there is an easy solution to every suggestion given so far. I don't even need to say it.

YoungMoose
04-12-2009, 12:51
religeouse things. I cant stand it when people pester me about come to this religion and stuff. Im not even a true catholic. i did confirmation and stuff but i dont believe in anything.

Lugnut
04-12-2009, 12:54
Warraghiyegy :D

Sly
04-12-2009, 12:58
Purist indignation.

Pacific Tortuga
04-12-2009, 13:01
snoring. :-)

HA!, I hate it when I do that, especially when it wakes me up.

One thing I did notice on my limited walk was 90% of ALL people snore.
Even the petite gals.

A German gal use to shake people to tell them they are snorring and it pissed a few off. A guy named 2 dogs blurted out after she clued him in,
"YA!, it means I'm sleeping" we all thought that was funny.

Manwich
04-12-2009, 13:01
Controversy.

nufsaid
04-12-2009, 13:03
Dopers that feel entitled.

Sly
04-12-2009, 13:04
Hammock hangers that think their **** doesn't stink.

Rockhound
04-12-2009, 13:28
I would replace the myriad of rules and regulations on the AT with 3 simple, easy to follow rules. Enjoy yourself, respect others and don't be a dumbass.

nufsaid
04-12-2009, 13:45
I would replace the myriad of rules and regulations on the AT with 3 simple, easy to follow rules. Enjoy yourself, respect others and don't be a dumbass.

I agree with these rules. Dopers who feel entitled would still have a problem with these 3.

dloome
04-12-2009, 13:46
Ha! Sly's got it right on with both.

Total newbie hikers who think they know everything about gear and hiking. coughminnesotacoughsmithin2006cough. Excuse me.

Gear nerds who go on about "you could save 0.23532 oz by doing x..."

Hikers who think they're a badass or entitled to special treatment. Get over yourself: It's just walking.

Fundamentalism of any sort. Especially religious.

Not sure how one could legally enforce any of this though... :-?

nufsaid
04-12-2009, 13:48
Ha! Sly's got it right on with both.

Hikers who think they're a badass or entitled to special treatment. Get over yourself: It's just walking.

You just ticked off sly.

dloome
04-12-2009, 13:50
hahahaha. :D

zoidfu
04-12-2009, 14:04

What about dopers that don't feel entitled?

Tin Man
04-12-2009, 14:06
shelters and privies

buff_jeff
04-12-2009, 14:08
Nothing, really. All the wacky gear talk and purist/blue blazing fundamentalists make it interesting, and nothing else really bothers me.

nufsaid
04-12-2009, 14:11
What about dopers that don't feel entitled?

If they follow Rockhounds "3 simple rules" they should be no problem.

Rockhound
04-12-2009, 14:11
I agree with these rules. Dopers who feel entitled would still have a problem with these 3.
Dopers who do not feel entitled would have no problem however.

Tin Man
04-12-2009, 14:12
whining should be illegal :)

nufsaid
04-12-2009, 14:15
whining should be illegal :)

Another vote against dopers who feel entitled.

catfishrivers
04-12-2009, 14:16
Nothing...except stuff like rape and murder and assault.

buff_jeff
04-12-2009, 14:17

Some of my best friends and a few family members of mine are huge dopers. I have no problem with it but, I agree, dopers that feel entitled and rub it in your face at shelters are super annoying.

The Will
04-12-2009, 15:01
Those hikers that do not carry a tent/hammock/whatever and then ask or expect other hikers who were there first to move out of the shelter.

D'Artagnan
04-12-2009, 15:02
The one thing that gets under my skin is folks from other parts of the country who automatically deduct 20 IQ points from those of us fortunate enough to call the South home and carry that same attitude with them on the AT. Newsflash: We don't all live like the hillbillies in "Deliverance".

Sly
04-12-2009, 15:32
Another vote against dopers who feel entitled.

Dopers that feel entitled to do what? Smoke in peace in the middle of the woods? How about drunks that piss their bed in a hostel? Or ordinary hikers that can't clean up after themselves?

DAJA
04-12-2009, 15:35

So what your really saying is you feel "entitled" to a dope free trail? Hmmmm......:-?

DAJA
04-12-2009, 15:49
Should I conceal my pot smoking more than say cigarette smoking in the woods? Personally I would never smoke a cig let alone pot in an enclosed area with non smokers, out of respect... But in the open woods, why should I be more covert with pot than cigs? It is less harmful to secondary participants, and it affects only the users experience... My simple rule of thumb, my rights end at your nose..

aufgahoban
04-12-2009, 15:50

Even the petite gals.

A German gal use to shake people to tell them they are snorring and it pissed a few off. A guy named 2 dogs blurted out after she clued him in,

Well, I'm a hard core snorer and can admit that I really should be banned from all hostels and shelters. But that's just from years of having stuff thrown at me.

Jester2000
04-12-2009, 16:15
I would make it illegal for people to piss and moan online about the behavior of another person without actually doing or saying anything to try to correct that person's attitude or behavior in person.

nufsaid
04-12-2009, 16:49
I would make it illegal for people to piss and moan online about the behavior of another person without actually doing or saying anything to try to correct that person's attitude or behavior in person.

OK I can agree with that. How about those pissing and moaning online about the consequences of actions of people in the real world?

zoidfu
04-12-2009, 16:56
OK I can agree with that. How about those pissing and moaning online about the consequences of actions of people in the real world?

Such as? I know you're alluding to the other thread but what consequences come from someone keeping a stash in their backpack?

nufsaid
04-12-2009, 17:16
Such as? I know you're alluding to the other thread but what consequences come from someone keeping a stash in their backpack?

If you stay at The Place you will get busted.

Tin Man
04-12-2009, 17:31
If you stay at The Place you will get busted.

i would hazard to guess the authorities will be utilizing their drug sniffer at more than the place come trail days... the campground will probably be under the nose as well...

Kirby
04-12-2009, 17:34
Stupidity.

Jim Adams
04-12-2009, 17:35
non-dopers that feel entitled.

geek

nufsaid
04-12-2009, 17:36
i would hazard to guess the authorities will be utilizing their drug sniffer at more than the place come trail days... the campground will probably be under the nose as well...

Oh no. If the dopers don't come to Damascus this will be a travesty.

Sly
04-12-2009, 17:39
Oh no. If the dopers don't come to Damascus this will be a travesty.

The travesty of Trail Days is the drunks, the moonshine and the locals that rip hikers off.

Tin Man
04-12-2009, 17:43
The travesty of Trail Days is the drunks, the moonshine and the locals that rip hikers off.

how do the locals rip hikers off?

Sly
04-12-2009, 17:44

Steal their packs, tents etc. It seems to happen every year.

Tin Man
04-12-2009, 17:46
Steal their packs, tents etc. It seems to happen every year.

Yikes! And locals have been identified vs. other visitors?

Sly
04-12-2009, 17:47
Yikes! And locals have been identified vs. other visitors?

Pretty much. I know there's been posts here about it.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24692&highlight=locals+steal+packs

Homer&Marje
04-12-2009, 17:49

I think that is the best advice ever given on WB:D

Tin Man
04-12-2009, 17:51
Pretty much. I know there's been posts here about it.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24692&highlight=locals+steal+packs

Thanks Sly. So, if the dopers, drunks and thieves are removed from Trail Days, who's left? :)

Tin Man
04-12-2009, 17:53

I think that is the best advice ever given on WB:D

Nice sentiment, but it would never work. Too many argue over what each of those mean.

kanga
04-12-2009, 18:05

Thanks Sly. So, if the dopers, drunks and thieves are removed from Trail Days, who's left? :)

sly never said the dopers were unwelcome.

Homer&Marje
04-12-2009, 18:21
Nice sentiment, but it would never work. Too many argue over what each of those mean.

I just assumed it would all be broken down by the WB TOS agreement. It's now posted on most trailheads...is it not??:D

Lone Wolf
04-12-2009, 18:24

they don't. it's other hikers that traveled up from georgia

Sly
04-12-2009, 18:30

What's a hiker from GA going to do with an extra pack and tent? Not carry it, and who would buy it?

Local seems to think it's locals.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=365035&postcount=46

Lone Wolf
04-12-2009, 18:34
What's a hiker from GA going to do with an extra pack and tent? Not carry it, and who would by it?

Local seems to think it's locals.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=365035&postcount=46

whatever. what would a local want with hiker crap? i've never seen or heard of local tryin' to sell hiker crap to other hikers. it's the hikers among you. your own "community"

vonfrick
04-12-2009, 18:42
Warraghiyegy :D

hey! :mad:

:p:p:p:p

vonfrick
04-12-2009, 18:44
dropping the corners of your granola/power bar/drink mix/ramen packages anywhere you damn well please- i must pick up 10-20 a day along the trail. just cuz they're small is no excuse.

oh and can we ban rain???

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 18:47
whatever. what would a local want with hiker crap? i've never seen or heard of local tryin' to sell hiker crap to other hikers. it's the hikers among you. your own "community"

I think it could be a mix of both. Some of the hikers that come into traildays seem to walk out with some new stuff. Also, have you ever noticed that when hikers leave north outta Damascus, some new people are out and just seem to have "decided" to hit the trail. There is always a new pack of people that jump on after the festival. I mean,I really doubt that locals would do it unless there are some dumba#* kids that just wanna mess up things for some hikers.

TD55
04-12-2009, 18:51
Rain........and maybe skeeters.

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 19:00
If I could make anything illegal, it would be shelters

Tin Man
04-12-2009, 19:06
If I could make anything illegal, it would be shelters

amen :banana

Tin Man
04-12-2009, 19:09

i wasn't calling sly out, my bad for including his quote. just appears to be a lot of hatred for dopers and drunks. just asking who would be left to attend trail days if they were all busted.

CrumbSnatcher
04-12-2009, 19:10
I think it could be a mix of both. Some of the hikers that come into traildays seem to walk out with some new stuff. Also, have you ever noticed that when hikers leave north outta Damascus, some new people are out and just seem to have "decided" to hit the trail. There is always a new pack of people that jump on after the festival. I mean,I really doubt that locals would do it unless there are some dumba#* kids that just wanna mess up things for some hikers.
chaco some of the NEW group of people you talk about, hitting the trail (northbound) out of damascus. every year, alot of thruhikers hitch up to traildays and never go back to where they left off. they just go north.

CrumbSnatcher
04-12-2009, 19:11
the drunks and that damn drum circle are way worse than the pot smokers!!! i love damascus 51 weeks of the year. the drunks keep me away from traildays.

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 19:12
chaco some of the NEW group of people you talk about, hitting the trail (northbound) out of damascus. every year, alot of thruhikers hitch up to traildays and never go back to where they left off. they just go north.

But we saw alot of people last year that just decided to get on at traildays. or soon there after. Same kinda groups that seemed almost like runaways

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 19:13
the drunks and that damn drum circle are way worse than the pot smokers!!!

Wow you will hate the fact that Wak and I will apart of "that damn drum circle"

kanga
04-12-2009, 19:14
i wasn't calling sly out, my bad for including his quote. just appears to be a lot of hatred for dopers and drunks. just asking who would be left to attend trail days if they were all busted.
i was just joking, mr serious.:cool:

Sly
04-12-2009, 19:14

Maybe you should ask the DPD...

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=365312&postcount=113

kanga
04-12-2009, 19:17

I'm going to edit out most of what I said because I don't want to get this post to get locked in it's infancy.

idiots. and let's see... nope, just idiots.

CrumbSnatcher
04-12-2009, 19:17
Wow you will hate the fact that Wak and I will apart of "that damn drum circle"
it just caught me off gaurd,when i first heard the drums it was cool, after 8 hours at 2-3 in the morning not so much. too used to sleeping in the woods i guess. how long would the drums roll without the booze?

Chaco Taco
04-12-2009, 19:20
it just caught me off gaurd,when i first heard the drums it was cool, after 8 hours at 2-3 in the morning not so much. too used to sleeping in the woods i guess. how long would the drums roll without the booze?
I agree, last year it died off earlier than what I had thought it would. We were camped right next to it. I do think 2-3 am is a bit much.

Pacific Tortuga
04-12-2009, 19:21
Well, L. Wolf might be baggin' them drums all night long, dependen on how he's fellin' or how long his stash lasts. :)

Dr O
04-12-2009, 19:51
Laws :p

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)

warraghiyagey
04-12-2009, 20:02
religeouse things.
Maybe you could outlaw the 51st state too while you're tackling the religeouse question. . .

Dr O
04-12-2009, 20:07
technically, Kentucky, Virginia, Massachusetts, and Delaware are Commonwealthes, not States, according to their Constitutions.

Dr O
04-12-2009, 20:08
technically, Kentucky, Virginia, Massachusetts, and Delaware are Commonwealthes, not States, according to their Constitutions.

oops

-Delaware
+Pennsylvania

warraghiyagey
04-12-2009, 20:08
Good point. . .

vonfrick
04-12-2009, 20:09
oops

-Delaware
+Pennsylvania

so you're saying you'd skip the delaware section of trail?

Dr O
04-12-2009, 20:19
so you're saying you'd skip the delaware section of trail?

naw, Delaware's a state, Pennsylvania's a Commonwealth. :)

vonfrick
04-12-2009, 20:21
naw, Delaware's a state, Pennsylvania's a Commonwealth. :)

it was a joke. albeit a bad one. i grew up in pa

kanga
04-12-2009, 20:23
bad joke. bad, bad joke.

fiddlehead
04-12-2009, 21:47
Whiners .

warraghiyagey
04-12-2009, 21:47
fiddleheads. . .

:p:)

catfishrivers
04-12-2009, 21:56
I heard kids smoke dried fiddleheads to get high when they run out of banana peels.

No Belay
04-12-2009, 22:08
Subversive sub-culture hiking groups, such as blue blazers, hobos, SOBOS, and Jack Tarlin groupies should all be made illegal as well as hikers that enjoy campfires, moonshine, and naked hiking. ;) It'll make more room for the puritans.:D

TaTonka

Reid
04-12-2009, 22:17
..............and whitney houston
http://i40.tinypic.com/28rytms.jpg

johnnybgood
04-12-2009, 22:35
[quote=No Belay;820216]Subversive sub-culture hiking groups, such as blue blazers, hobos, SOBOS, and Jack Tarlin groupies should all be made illegal as well as hikers that enjoy campfires, moonshine, and naked hiking. ;) [It'll make more room for the puritans.:D]

Whe AT would then be a lonely place .;)

.................................................. .....crickets chirping .

phillycheze
04-13-2009, 02:34
people who complain about another's personal choices! (unless that 'choice' effects others or the environment.)

TOW
04-13-2009, 05:10

I would make you an illegal alien........

beakerman
04-13-2009, 05:11
pot smokers that feel they don't need to ask if it's ok if they light up--really its all smokers no matter the substance tobacco bothers me from jsut a nasty foul smell (except a good pipe or really good cigar--I don't smoke it but am not bothered by it either) but I have an allergy to pot and get sicker than a dog when exposed to it.

i could see if you were already smoking when I got there then it's entirely my problem---OK I avoid you/the area until the air clears but if I'm there and clearly not doing it then why is it you don't ask first. Maybe I'm being a pu$$y about it but it does seem to be just basic manners to me ask and find out if I mind before you light up on me. I should not have to wear a medic alert braclet for an illegal substance or should I?

Homer&Marje
04-13-2009, 06:11
pot smokers that feel they don't need to ask if it's ok if they light up--really its all smokers no matter the substance tobacco bothers me from jsut a nasty foul smell (except a good pipe or really good cigar--I don't smoke it but am not bothered by it either) but I have an allergy to pot and get sicker than a dog when exposed to it.

i could see if you were already smoking when I got there then it's entirely my problem---OK I avoid you/the area until the air clears but if I'm there and clearly not doing it then why is it you don't ask first. Maybe I'm being a pu$$y about it but it does seem to be just basic manners to me ask and find out if I mind before you light up on me. I should not have to wear a medic alert braclet for an illegal substance or should I?

No you shouldn't. But I guess pot is like guns on the AT. We know it's illegal to carry it the whole way, but select groups still do. Most are respectful and keep it tucked away, the occasional few like to flaunt it.

Personally I stick to my tent or a short bushwack a few hundred yards out of sight.

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 06:42
I would make you an illegal alien........

How very Christian of you:rolleyes: No, seriously, that's exactly what I expect out of religionists- long on talk, short on action. You think Jesus would deport a mexican who's working his ass off at a cut rate so he can take care of his family? Or deport someone for their opinion?

While I don't believe that Jesus is the son of god, I do happen think he was a cool guy with cool ideas. I'm not repulsed by Jesus, I'm repulsed by followers like you.

Frog
04-13-2009, 06:49
I wouldnt change anything I just avoid people as much as i can. We all probably have something or do something that offends someone else.

CowHead
04-13-2009, 07:13
i'm not entitled but I like sleeping in a hammock

TOW
04-13-2009, 07:42
How very Christian of you:rolleyes: No, seriously, that's exactly what I expect out of religionists- long on talk, short on action. You think Jesus would deport a mexican who's working his ass off at a cut rate so he can take care of his family? Or deport someone for their opinion?

While I don't believe that Jesus is the son of god, I do happen think he was a cool guy with cool ideas. I'm not repulsed by Jesus, I'm repulsed by followers like you.
Are you preaching to me? How offensive.........trying to push your religion onto me like that........

Can't go no place without people like you who want to change everyone by preaching your religion to them........

What is America coming too?

TOW
04-13-2009, 07:45
Nothing...except stuff like rape and murder and assault.
Horse phooey, anyone who does not agree with me should be made illegal........

TOW
04-13-2009, 07:47
Newsflash: We don't all live like the hillbillies in "Deliverance".
I do and I enjoy making them yankees squeal too!

Reid
04-13-2009, 08:23
It's all about what's in your heart.

Engine
04-13-2009, 08:44
It's all about what's in your heart.

I wish I could agree with you, but sometimes very ugly things are done with the best of intentions. As for the OP, I would make actual mean spirited behaviour illegal...I can forgive accidental intrusion into my space or happiness, but an intentional act is something else entirely,

catfishrivers
04-13-2009, 09:00
Horse phooey, anyone who does not agree with me should be made illegal........

I would possible make phrases like horse phooey illegal to NOT say. Perhaps going so far as to place a daily quota on the number of times daily in which the good citizen would be required to find appropriate recourse to exclaim said exclamation.

other sayings that will be mandatory:

horse apples
harumph
egads
gadzooks
eureka
blimey

do take note or else be fined by the dictionary fuzz. we'll be listening!

warraghiyagey
04-13-2009, 09:01
Drat
neat-o
supercool
yupperdoodle

catfishrivers
04-13-2009, 09:03
how did I omit drats?!? yupperdoodle will be the code word I use to let people know I am occupying the privy.

Anyone in there?

Yupperdoodle!

OldStormcrow
04-13-2009, 09:11
What I really hate running across are groups of any kind.....church groups, boy scout groups, women's empowerment groups, llama treker groups, youth leadership school groups, the Sierra Club, corporate team-building groups, at risk kids groups, survivalist groups, singles clubs hiking groups, etc. I know that I have just managed to offend thousands of people, but I go to the woods for peace and quiet, and groups are never quiet.....unless they are Trappist monks.

Rockhound
04-13-2009, 09:43
What I really hate running across are groups of any kind.....church groups, boy scout groups, women's empowerment groups, llama treker groups, youth leadership school groups, the Sierra Club, corporate team-building groups, at risk kids groups, survivalist groups, singles clubs hiking groups, etc. I know that I have just managed to offend thousands of people, but I go to the woods for peace and quiet, and groups are never quiet.....unless they are Trappist monks.
I heard that the Sweedish Bikini team will be hiking this year in uniform. Still object to groups?:D

DAJA
04-13-2009, 09:48

If your looking for peace and quite, then why would you choose to hike the AT or any established heavily traveled trail? There are millions of acres of forest all over north america, so regardless of where you live, you must be able to find a patch of forest with no crowds...

I love the AT and trail walking in general, but do the majority of my hiking off the beaten path for the same reason you mention...

If you want peace and quite, stay off trails.

Homer&Marje
04-13-2009, 09:50
I heard that the Sweedish Bikini team will be hiking this year in uniform. Still object to groups?:D

It's the male Swedish Bikini team. I object to groups:D

Christus Cowboy
04-13-2009, 09:58
The one thing that gets under my skin is folks from other parts of the country who automatically deduct 20 IQ points from those of us fortunate enough to call the South home and carry that same attitude with them on the AT. Newsflash: We don't all live like the hillbillies in "Deliverance".

Following good parlamentiary procedure and protocol, I second the motion submitted by the honorable d'Artagnan......:sun

TD55
04-13-2009, 09:59
I bumped into a Japanese guided day hiking tour group in ME. The quide interviewed me like he was doing a news program. This was in the 100 mile "Wilderness". One of the funniest things ever on the AT for me. Told them I ate snakes, insects and buzzards cause they was easy to catch.

Lone Wolf
04-13-2009, 10:07
i would make it illegal for thru-hikers, specifically the 20 something-year olds, to stay overnight in towns. get their supplies and keep going. after all their suppose to be in the woods hiking

Tin Man
04-13-2009, 10:12
i would make it illegal for thru-hikers, specifically the 20 something-year olds, to stay overnight in towns. get their supplies and keep going. after all their suppose to be in the woods hiking

but then you would be depriving the yellow-blazing trail legend his audience :eek:

Nicksaari
04-13-2009, 10:26
i would make dry spring illegal.
im sorry im missing trail days, but it seems that the more time passes, the more i read that trail days is a zoo. so thats why im glad that when i hike into damscus, it wont be the middle of may.

LONE WOLF: hope you're feeling better and stronger! ive been really busy this month and havent been able to keep up with everyone. BUT i did make a HUGE batch of delicious white bean and ham soup- id love to bring you and gypsy a big frozen portion when i end up getting down there, okay! have fun taming the lions and drunken fools round the drum circle. carry a large, sharpe pair of shears with you, and cut off any dreadlocks you see fit!

Nicksaari
04-13-2009, 10:27
man i need to donate and edit!!!

TOW
04-13-2009, 11:02
Drat
neat-o
supercool
yupperdoodle
Yippee Yi Yay Cowpatty!!!!!!!:banana

fredmugs
04-13-2009, 11:12
I would make it illegal for females to not comply with Hike Naked Day.

ed bell
04-13-2009, 11:14
If your looking for peace and quite, then why would you choose to hike the AT or any established heavily traveled trail? There are millions of acres of forest all over north america, so regardless of where you live, you must be able to find a patch of forest with no crowds...

I love the AT and trail walking in general, but do the majority of my hiking off the beaten path for the same reason you mention...

If you want peace and quite, stay off trails.You can get plenty of peace and quiet on the AT and other trails. It might take a little planning from time to time, but it's easily done.

flemdawg1
04-13-2009, 11:18

I would make religious intolerance illegal. God Bless You. :D

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 11:34

Dude the Jesus talk dont belong here!

BAG "o" TRICKS
04-13-2009, 11:34

I'm with you Wolf. By the way did you go for your walk yet? Miss J was trying to get in touch with you. I gave her your #, something about shuttleing a bunch of twenty year olds in your area :)

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 11:36
And horse dookie

BAG "o" TRICKS
04-13-2009, 11:42

Is there a difference between maoning and pissing over pisssing and moaning if so I'm coming to see you.., in person :) how are ya?

BAG "o" TRICKS
04-13-2009, 11:53

I heard from a pretty reliable source that the police plan to have drug sniffing pooches at this years TD's celebration. Should be fun to watch. By the way don't forget to bring your mason jar and a botttle of carbonated water as we plan to have some fun with the ATF crew this year:D

kanga
04-13-2009, 12:08
I heard from a pretty reliable source that the police plan to have drug sniffing pooches at this years TD's celebration. Should be fun to watch. By the way don't forget to bring your mason jar and a botttle of carbonated water as we plan to have some fun with the ATF crew this year:D

yeah, i heard that too. it was bad enough last year, so i don't think i'll be there this year. the atf came up and asked me what was in my nalgene last time. i'm not giving them a second chance. if we do come, i'll be more than happy to help you spin their top tho!

TOW
04-13-2009, 12:37
I want in on that one, I got some old timey mason jars too!

BAG "o" TRICKS
04-13-2009, 12:38
I realize that thieves can be from most anywhere but the thieves I heard about (from the police) that where caught were non hikers from outside the Damascus area, near Bristol. Becuase of incidents over the past few years I don't go to the parade anymore but rather stay back and watch the area our group is set up in in the campground. Last year I saw three young boys 17-21 (non-hikers) snooping thru the campground during the parade and I told the police. They caught the trio and after interviewing them promptly escorted them to the gate. I think the idea of registering everyone that is staying in the campground and requiring them wear a wristband is a good idea and that it helped decrease the chances or incidents of theft. I think the police should take it a step futher and require all hikers to show the band upon entering and leaving the campground. Any guest visiting hikers in the campground should have to register and wear a different color band as this may also help. But again for those who plan to stay in the campground all I can say is watch your gear as there are back ways into that campground and easy opportunities for thieves.

TOW
04-13-2009, 12:39
Okay I got a question. By the rules of the trail how far can a person camp off of the trail?

Rockhound
04-13-2009, 12:53
Okay I got a question. By the rules of the trail how far can a person camp off of the trail?
I would have to say at a distance equal to 1/2 the circumference of the earth.

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 12:59
Are you preaching to me? How offensive.........trying to push your religion onto me like that........

Can't go no place without people like you who want to change everyone by preaching your religion to them........

What is America coming too?

How does it taste, hypocrite? Sucks, doesn't it?

Johnny Thunder
04-13-2009, 13:00

I'd make it illegal to say "I really can't stand so-and-so because they talk about other people behind their back."

Or, any sentense that starts "I don't mean to complain, but..."

How about any conversation that starts, "So, I was in this heated debate on the internets..."

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 13:02
Dude the Jesus talk dont belong here!

Can I interest you in some literature? You just need to open your heart... or you're going straight to hell:eek:

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 13:05
I would make religious intolerance illegal. God Bless You. :D

I hear the Taliban has plenty of open positions.... New ones every day, courtesy of the U.S. military. You really ought to apply.

sheepdog
04-13-2009, 13:11
How does it taste? Sucks, doesn't it?

Can I interest you in some literature? You just need to open your heart... or you're going straight to hell:eek:

I hear the Taliban has plenty of open positions.... New ones every day, courtesy of the U.S. military. You really ought to apply.
Take a breath.

It's ooooookaayyyyy

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 13:12
Take a breath.

It's ooooookaayyyyy

I need a drink:D

TOW
04-13-2009, 13:22
Exactly when and where did I ever preach to you or suggest to you that you need to turn your life over to Jesus?

Engine
04-13-2009, 13:28
Exactly when and where did I ever preach to you or suggest to you that you need to turn your life over to Jesus?

Zoid's just upset because he believes in predestination and he wasn't picked...:D

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 13:32

Back in the political forum. But that's neither here nor there, I'm was complaining about being interogated/talked down to by religionists. Apparently, I can't have the opinion without you wanting to deport me.

And I'm calling you on your call for me to be deported. That's the typical bull**** I've come to expect from you followers.

Keep that stuff to yourself and we'd be fine. No need to deport folks that disagree with you.

TOW
04-13-2009, 13:35
I noticed that zoid and Trail Angel Mary are good friends. He'll probably start attacking her next for no reason other than the fact that he hates christains.

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 13:37
I noticed that zoid and Trail Angel Mary are good friends. He'll probably start attacking her next for no reason other than the fact that he hates christains.

You put more words in my mouth than you have teeth in your head. Neat trick.

kanga
04-13-2009, 13:38
you seem to be doing a pretty good job of it on your own there

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 13:40
you seem to be doing a pretty good job of it on your own there

I don't like people forcing their religion on me when I'm hiking so that means I hate Christians?:rolleyes:

Logical leaps off of cliffs should be illegal too.

ed bell
04-13-2009, 13:44
Knock it off, folks. Please.

Engine
04-13-2009, 13:47
Can't we all just get along? As a Christian who has walked a strange path of religion to get to the point I'm now at, I know how ugly intollerance is from both sides of the fence. I have seen more damage done by hyperactive evangelism than I have witnessed from apathy...To the point where I'm sometimes embarrassed by my fellow believers overzealous actions.

We live in a great country that provides us with BOTH freedom of religion and freedom from religion. I feel recharged after a good sermon, but not everyone agrees and thank GOD they are free to have that opinion.

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 13:51
Can't we all just get along? As a Christian who has walked a strange path of religion to get to the point I'm now at, I know how ugly intollerance is from both sides of the fence. I have seen more damage done by hyperactive evangelism than I have witnessed from apathy...To the point where I'm sometimes embarrassed by my fellow believers overzealous actions.

We live in a great country that provides us with BOTH freedom of religion and freedom from religion. I feel recharged after a good sermon, but not everyone agrees and thank GOD they are free to have that opinion.

Well said.

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 13:55
blah blah blah:)

Jester2000
04-13-2009, 14:03

That's fine, I think. It's just that it's rare for anyone to post here, "someone was doing something rude/offensive/inconsiderate, and I confronted them/tried to educate them/asked them to stop, and they refused." People like to complain online, but an awful lot of people seem to like to leave it at that rather than try to do something to actually address the problem.

I realize that thieves can be from most anywhere but the thieves I heard about (from the police) that where caught were non hikers from outside the Damascus area, near Bristol. . .

This is what I heard from the Police. The thieves were neither hikers nor locals, but people from outside both communities who knew about Trail Days and came by to try their hands at some crimes of opportunity.

I'm doing well, Tricks! Hope things are good with you and I'll see you soon.

Sly
04-13-2009, 14:07
This is what I heard from the Police. The thieves were neither hikers nor locals, but people from outside both communities who knew about Trail Days and came by to try their hands at some crimes of opportunity.

I guess that depends on what your definition of "local" is.

ed bell
04-13-2009, 14:13
And I even said please. Thanks a lot, you two.

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 14:15
And I even said please. Thanks a lot, you two.

sorry:o.....

ed bell
04-13-2009, 14:15
Seriously. Stop it. Find another thread to post on. You two have had enough of this one.

sheepdog
04-13-2009, 14:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5513mXmQbw4

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 14:18
Seriously. Stop it. Find another thread to post on. You two have had enough of this one.

It's my thread, you leave:D

TD55
04-13-2009, 14:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5513mXmQbw4

Good job!!! And you to Ed.

freefall
04-13-2009, 14:28
That's fine, I think. It's just that it's rare for anyone to post here, "someone was doing something rude/offensive/inconsiderate, and I confronted them/tried to educate them/asked them to stop, and they refused." People like to complain online, but an awful lot of people seem to like to leave it at that rather than try to do something to actually address the problem

A Texas farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone
rang.
The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring. Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.
4. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.
This just demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and moaning.

sheepdog
04-13-2009, 14:30
:d
:d

CowHead
04-13-2009, 14:52
A Texas farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone
rang.
The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring. Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel chain and collar.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.

Now this is a keeper

flemdawg1
04-13-2009, 16:04
Penn Jillette has a slightly different take than Zoidfu.

http://townhall.com/news/religion/2009/02/12/atheism_penn_jillette_urges_evangelism

Gaiter
04-13-2009, 16:11

no its a thread you started

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 16:13
no its a thread you started

It was a joke, sally:rolleyes:

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 16:16
Hey Zoid, is that a pocket rocket in your hand or are you just happy to see me. Sorry couldnt resist:)

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 16:22
Hey Zoid, is that a pocket rocket in your hand or are you just happy to see me. Sorry couldnt resist:)

Both?:eek:

Homer&Marje
04-13-2009, 16:52

Back in the political forum. But that's neither here nor there, I'm was complaining about being interogated/talked down to by religionists. Apparently, I can't have the opinion without you wanting to deport me.

And I'm calling you on your call for me to be deported. That's the typical bull**** I've come to expect from you followers.

Keep that stuff to yourself and we'd be fine. No need to deport folks that disagree with you.

I don't like people forcing their religion on me when I'm hiking so that means I hate Christians?:rolleyes:

Logical leaps off of cliffs should be illegal too.

Well said.

sorry:o.....

It was a joke, sally:rolleyes:

Both?:eek:

Something to be said about staying on topic on what you call "Your Thread"

And I thought I've posted a lot of useless drivel. But you go leaps and bounds above everyone.

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 17:12
Something to be said about staying on topic on what you call "Your Thread"

And I thought I've posted a lot of useless drivel. But you go leaps and bounds above everyone.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was the straight forward forum.:rolleyes: Thread drift is what makes internet forums unique and interesting anyway, so maybe you'd be happier painting your walls or watching grass grow.

And coming from you I'll take that as a compliment. Now go back to boring us about your wife.

Jester2000
04-13-2009, 17:16
rang.

Excellent! Great post!

TD55
04-13-2009, 17:23
I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was the straight forward forum.:rolleyes: Thread drift is what makes internet forums unique and interesting anyway, so maybe you'd be happier painting your walls or watching grass grow.

And coming from you I'll take that as a compliment. Now go back to boring us about your wife.

I disagree. His post are interesting and sometimes funny. His post about his wife was pretty cool. You are the boring and annoying one.

Sambo
04-13-2009, 17:52
Rain........and maybe skeeters.
The rain sustains us, the forrest, the springs and the rivers, that make this place beautiful. if you dont like the rain go hike in AZ.

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 17:56
I disagree. His post are interesting and sometimes funny. His post about his wife was pretty cool. You are the boring and annoying one.

You're exhibit B- You don't seem to have anything to post these days other than picking apart what I say or giving my friend ****. You're just another name on the list of people that have a crush on me.

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 17:57
Guys, chill out!:rolleyes:

TD55
04-13-2009, 18:12
The rain sustains us, the forrest, the springs and the rivers, that make this place beautiful. if you dont like the rain go hike in AZ.

I love the desert when it rains. You dry out quick, get a bath, resupply with water and the next day you see a rare and beautiful site. All the flowers bloom and you realize how lucky you are, cause not that many people get to see what you are getting to see. I don't mind if it rain on the AT, I just whih it was illegal to do it when I'm out there.

First Post:welcome:-?

maxpatch67
04-13-2009, 18:17
littering, littering, littering

TOW
04-13-2009, 18:39
I owe an apology for my behaviour earlier in this thread, I acted completely out of anger and stupidity.

Lugnut
04-13-2009, 18:47
Anger, maybe. Stupidity, no. Sometimes our convictions carry us away. I'm happy when anyone stands up for what they believe even if I disagree with them. Just stay calm, it drives the opposition crazy! :sun

slow
04-13-2009, 18:53
A gun just to walk,but yet some are just into spray....and they are crazy in the mind of gun holders.?

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 18:55
I owe an apology for my behaviour earlier in this thread, I acted completely out of anger and stupidity.

I apologize to you. There was no reason for that exchange of ours. I also apologize to anyone else I pissed off.

Engine
04-13-2009, 18:58
Koombyah! (How the heck do you spell that anyway?)

zoidfu
04-13-2009, 19:12
Koombyah! (How the heck do you spell that anyway?)

I feel like dancing! :banana

TOW
04-13-2009, 19:25
I apologize to you. There was no reason for that exchange of ours. I also apologize to anyone else I pissed off.
You are forgiven, lets move on now......

TOW
04-13-2009, 19:27
Check out the thread I started "Boyles Got Talent" for some inspiration....

Homer&Marje
04-13-2009, 19:41

Don't bring up my wife. She has nothing to do with your ignorant comments. The thread drift was unique and interesting until you turned your own thread into useless drivel. I think the masses will agree...

Bulldawg
04-13-2009, 19:48
Don't bring up my wife. She has nothing to do with your ignorant comments. The thread drift was unique and interesting until you turned your own thread into useless drivel. I think the masses will agree...

It's scary as hell, I mean really scary, but I agree with Homass on this one.:eek::eek::eek:

CowHead
04-13-2009, 19:49
i have it! (Anyone who doesn't help do trial work should be ban from the trail)

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 19:49
dun dun dun, another one bites the dust (refering to this thread):banana

Engine
04-13-2009, 19:50
i have it! (Anyone who doesn't help do trial work should be ban from the trail)

So, unless you are an attorney you shouldn't be allowed to hike?

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 19:51
and another one down and another one down:banana

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 19:54
Wow they're droppin like flies around here today

Wise Old Owl
04-13-2009, 19:55
Clear cutting, - just because quality timber cutting can be done better by thining.

Then if you remove trees you have to plant five to replace one.

johnnybgood
04-13-2009, 20:27
powering down

3.2.1............................................. .....blip

Chaco Taco
04-13-2009, 20:29
powering down

3.2.1............................................. .....blip
Ill bet you have been working on that for the past 20 minutes:D

Tin Man
04-13-2009, 20:42
It's scary as hell, I mean really scary, but I agree with Homass on this one.:eek::eek::eek:

oh good, i thought i might be alone here :)

Tin Man
04-13-2009, 20:45

even then only a small percentage of attorneys have trial experience, but while they are arguing before the jury anyone can sneak past unnoticed

Homer&Marje
04-13-2009, 21:07
oh good, i thought i might be alone here :)

Everyone has their moments.... even LW agreed with me...once I think.:D

Tin Man
04-13-2009, 21:27
Everyone has their moments.... even LW agreed with me...once I think.:D

don't let it go to your head :)

Bulldawg
04-13-2009, 21:57

Yeah, if ya let that thang swell up much more you won't be able to get out the door to go to work man!!:rolleyes::cool::D

Takoda
04-13-2009, 22:00
Hikers who talk ALL the time!

phishpapond
04-14-2009, 01:38

At risk kids groups. Ran into a group of these jagoffs in Ricket Glen in Pa. Thugs in the woods talking all gangster running there mouth. I couldn't help it had to remind them i got to go home when I got done hiking not back to lock up like them.

phishpapond
04-14-2009, 01:43

AMEN to that brother preach on

The Mechanical Man
04-14-2009, 02:36
ANYONE leaving abandoned coolers, and full cases of water bottles at trailheads for hikers. I don't care if they SAY they are coming back to clean it up later, BUST EM!

That's not magic, it's litter at AT parking areas, plain and simple.

Also should be included, the main reason for the problem.........
Any hiker that uses abandoned water stashes at trailheads, should carry any bottles they use from that point, until they can be disposed of properly.

You pick it up, it's yours, or you pay a fine too. :-?

Dr O
04-14-2009, 06:05
I'm changing my answer to "unemployment"

CowHead
04-14-2009, 06:57

Ouch!

That would be funny to see folks in suits and briefcases going up and down the trail

Dr O
04-14-2009, 07:22
Ouch!

That would be funny to see folks in suits and briefcases going up and down the trail

I think all lawyers should take a hike :p

Homer&Marje
04-14-2009, 08:42

Yeah, if ya let that thang swell up much more you won't be able to get out the door to go to work man!!:rolleyes::cool::D

Don't let much go to my head. It's not swollen, it's perfectly proportioned to sit atop my shoulders.

Lifes all about perspective though:D

Nearly Normal
04-14-2009, 09:17
Sniveling about how it ought to be.

Jaybird
04-14-2009, 09:28
religeouse things.......ETCETCETCETCETC...................... ....................... i did confirmation and stuff but i dont believe in anything.

"....I DONT BELIEVE IN ANYTHING".....

WOW!...thats a statement you dont normally see on WHITE BLAZE.net!:D

see ya'll out there MAY 2-14 NOBO Harpers Ferry,WV to Swatara Gap,PA.

weary
04-14-2009, 10:07
dropping the corners of your granola/power bar/drink mix/ramen packages anywhere you damn well please- i must pick up 10-20 a day along the trail. just cuz they're small is no excuse.

oh and can we ban rain???
Only if you want to carry all your drinking water.

weary
04-14-2009, 10:09
I would ban littering -- and those who start long threads without bothering to make sure the title is at least half literate.

Lyle
04-14-2009, 10:18
At risk kids groups. Ran into a group of these jagoffs in Ricket Glen in Pa. Thugs in the woods talking all gangster running there mouth. I couldn't help it had to remind them i got to go home when I got done hiking not back to lock up like them.

Would rather run into ten of these groups than I would like to run into one arrogant, better-than-you snob. Especially one who has no manners.

DAJA
04-14-2009, 10:19
Would rather run into ten of these groups than I would like to run into one arrogant, better-than-you snob. Especially one who has no manners.

Gold!:banana

BAG "o" TRICKS
04-14-2009, 10:29
It didn't just die off earlier the cops told them when to shut it down or else. In the early days the drums beat from from dusk to dawn.

BAG "o" TRICKS
04-14-2009, 10:36

Don't let that word fool you my friend. Many hide behind it.

Tin Man
04-14-2009, 11:04
soap boxes

BAG "o" TRICKS
04-14-2009, 11:12

I love it when we can all get along.., "long live Rodney"

Chaco Taco
04-14-2009, 11:46
It didn't just die off earlier the cops told them when to shut it down or else. In the early days the drums beat from from dusk to dawn.

Well thats good.:cool:

Rockhound
04-14-2009, 13:36
ANYONE leaving abandoned coolers, and full cases of water bottles at trailheads for hikers. I don't care if they SAY they are coming back to clean it up later, BUST EM!

That's not magic, it's litter at AT parking areas, plain and simple.

Also should be included, the main reason for the problem.........
Any hiker that uses abandoned water stashes at trailheads, should carry any bottles they use from that point, until they can be disposed of properly.

You pick it up, it's yours, or you pay a fine too. :-?
Although it's looking like a wet year, we are still recovering from a drought. There are still long stretches on the AT where these roadside caches are your only chance to rehydrate. Leaving beverages by trailheads is magic and if the providers clean it up it is not littering. Please see State vs. Arlo Guthrie in the case of the Alices Restaurant Thanksgiving Day Masacree.

Lone Wolf
04-14-2009, 13:49
Although it's looking like a wet year, we are still recovering from a drought. There are still long stretches on the AT where these roadside caches are your only chance to rehydrate. Leaving beverages by trailheads is magic and if the providers clean it up it is not littering. Please see State vs. Arlo Guthrie in the case of the Alices Restaurant Thanksgiving Day Masacree.

it's easy to plan ahead or hitch to town. no caches are needed

TOW
04-14-2009, 14:00
I met Mercy today, she told me that she was going to cache her dog food for the next couple of days........

TOW
04-14-2009, 14:03
Don't let that word fool you my friend. Many hide behind it.
Some would look at me and say that about me. I know I have flaws and character defects and sometimes I feel shame about my actions. But I should hope that someday I become man enough to be able to stand with my feet firmly planted.......

Gray Blazer
04-14-2009, 14:09
Please see State vs. Arlo Guthrie in the case of the Alices Restaurant Thanksgiving Day Masacree.

Another case of blind justice!

Engine
04-14-2009, 14:15
Some would look at me and say that about me. I know I have flaws and character defects and sometimes I feel shame about my actions. But I should hope that someday I become man enough to be able to stand with my feet firmly planted.......

Amen Brother!

TJ aka Teej
04-14-2009, 14:42
Trolling. I would ban trolling.
...oh wait.
That only happens on the e-Trail.
Never mind.

catfishrivers
04-14-2009, 15:23
Trolling. I would ban trolling.
...oh wait.
That only happens on the e-Trail.
Never mind.

wow a meta-trolling moderator! trolling about trolling.

this is getting deeeeeeep man. :confused:

jeremiah j
04-14-2009, 16:08
do they really use dogs at traildays and at other camping areas. I dont smoke dope but if i did this would really worry me!

sheepdog
04-14-2009, 16:21
do they really use dogs at traildays and at other camping areas. I dont smoke dope but if i did this would really worry me!
Here, hold my uhhhh gorp bag, I'll be right back.;)

sheepdog
04-14-2009, 16:22
Not better than anyone my brother, just forgiven.

zoidfu
04-14-2009, 16:24
I would ban littering -- and those who start long threads without bothering to make sure the title is at least half literate.

I owe you an e and a comma.:D

Don't let me forget!

sheepdog
04-14-2009, 16:26
I owe you an e and a comma.:D

Don't let me forget!
Sometimes I add extra punctuation at the bottom of my posts. Feel free to use all you like.

......,,,,,,?????!!!!!

Kage
04-14-2009, 16:47
I may get torn to shreds for this but the one thing i wish i could ban:

dogs.

Now I know there are like 6 responsible dog owners who have well trained dogs that don't bark at everything and don't stay in shelters and pick up the dog poo, and they're probably on this forum and I'd hate to have to ruin it for them but seriously, most dog owners suck.

Homer&Marje
04-14-2009, 17:26
I may get torn to shreds for this but the one thing i wish i could ban:

dogs.

Now I know there are like 6 responsible dog owners who have well trained dogs that don't bark at everything and don't stay in shelters and pick up the dog poo, and they're probably on this forum and I'd hate to have to ruin it for them but seriously, most dog owners suck.

So what you really want to ban is dog owners that suck.

SunnyWalker
04-18-2009, 21:23
I would ban littering. Actually it is supposed to be against the "rules" already!

stranger
04-19-2009, 08:10
Shelters should be illegal

superman
04-19-2009, 08:31
People who don't agree with me should be illegal. They're damn lucky I'm not king.:)

Tin Man
04-19-2009, 10:12
saying HYOH should be illegal... it is often said right after giving advice. :rolleyes:

Engine
04-19-2009, 10:13
Shelters should be illegal

I was reading an online AT journal the other day and was really ticked when the writer described people defecating on the ground 15 feet behind the shelter and making no effort to get back in the trees or even bury it. Someone stepped in it while brushing their teeth and another hiker accidently layed their pack down in a pile. So, having read that, I think inconsiderate fools should be banned from the trail!!!:mad:

kyhipo
04-19-2009, 10:20
well lets see ultra lighters who need a stove.dont get me wrong i love to make hot water for people.been their and done it carry a stove or be a good talker.ky

SlowLightTrek
04-19-2009, 11:22
50% of all hikers who shot at a bear with a gun were attacked. 0% of all hikers who used pepper spray at a bear were attacked, according to black bear research.

Had a group pass me with 2 german shepard trained guard dogs. Snarling at the end of their leash at me while passing. If people are that paranoid about walking in the woods they shouldn't be there imo.

4eyedbuzzard
04-19-2009, 11:44
100% of all bears pay no attention to statistics.

Kanati
04-19-2009, 13:45

Even the petite gals.

Even my dog Max snores.

superman
04-19-2009, 14:22
I was reading an online AT journal the other day and was really ticked when the writer described people defecating on the ground 15 feet behind the shelter and making no effort to get back in the trees or even bury it. Someone stepped in it while brushing their teeth and another hiker accidently layed their pack down in a pile. So, having read that, I think inconsiderate fools should be banned from the trail!!!:mad:

Many, if not most, of the people who start the AT do so well outside their comfort zone. They barely leave the trail to relieve themselves lest they get helplessly lost and die alone in the wilderness. In continuance the same folks huddle in the shelters for security. They are so insecure that they won't go a reasonable distance from the shelter to go. Any tent sites near a shelter are covered with urine because those pilgrams won't walk more than a few steps from their tent. It's all a bunch of poo and yet another reason to stealth camp.:-?

billy231
04-19-2009, 19:36
Dehydrated Water!

Egads
04-19-2009, 19:48
Offensive WB posters

Well then just shut the **** up.

So **** off.

superman
04-19-2009, 20:10
Offensive WB posters

How is that offensive? Some one replaced a word with asterixs. Who knows what that word could be you ****.:)

Tinker
04-19-2009, 20:10

MOST arrogant, better-than-you snobs have very good manners.

BETTER than yours, as a matter of fact.:)

(Or, at least that's what they think ;):rolleyes::D).

sheepdog
04-19-2009, 21:01
This thread is still going???

inconceivable!!

superman
04-19-2009, 21:10

inconceivable!!

Was it something that I said....again?:)

sheepdog
04-19-2009, 21:16
Was it something that I said....again?:)
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:6NivJ-68Z-nPuM::www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4851399/2/istockphoto_4851399-stiring-the-pot.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4851399/2/istockphoto_4851399-stiring-the-pot.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/lifestyle/young-adults/4851399-stiring-the-pot.php%3Fid%3D4851399%26refnum%3D319379&h=253&w=380&sz=52&tbnid=6NivJ-68Z-nPuM::&tbnh=82&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpicture%2Bof%2Bstiring%2Bthe%2Bpot&usg=__VQzHpXo5gOb2bTtb4MeZ4vlc44I=&ei=aMzrSd2VFJ-0MJH_vdQF&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=2&ct=image) stiring the pot???

superman
04-19-2009, 21:22
http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:6NivJ-68Z-nPuM::www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4851399/2/istockphoto_4851399-stiring-the-pot.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4851399/2/istockphoto_4851399-stiring-the-pot.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/lifestyle/young-adults/4851399-stiring-the-pot.php%3Fid%3D4851399%26refnum%3D319379&h=253&w=380&sz=52&tbnid=6NivJ-68Z-nPuM::&tbnh=82&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpicture%2Bof%2Bstiring%2Bthe%2Bpot&usg=__VQzHpXo5gOb2bTtb4MeZ4vlc44I=&ei=aMzrSd2VFJ-0MJH_vdQF&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=2&ct=image) stiring the pot???

OK, so you're saying that this thread is as refreshing as....:)

sheepdog
04-19-2009, 21:37
OK, so you're saying that this thread is as refreshing as....:)
Not even close

superman
04-19-2009, 21:39
Not even close

LMAO, life is good.:)

Bearpaw
04-19-2009, 21:46

inconceivable!!

You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Homer&Marje
04-20-2009, 07:27
You cant out smart a Sicilian. It's Inconceivable :D

I would make tights illegal on the trail. At least for men.

At least throw a pair of nylon shorts over em...

stag3
04-20-2009, 10:24
religeouse things. I cant stand it when people pester me about come to this religion and stuff. Im not even a true catholic. i did confirmation and stuff but i dont believe in anything.

Written with the true wisdom of a child.

Stag3

kanga
04-20-2009, 10:25
Written with the true wisdom of a child.

Stag3
amen
(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)

Chaco Taco
04-20-2009, 22:37
Dumb*** hikers that blame everything on ULers. You know who you are:rolleyes:

TOW
06-15-2009, 00:22
Subversive sub-culture hiking groups, such as blue blazers, hobos, SOBOS, and Jack Tarlin groupies should all be made illegal as well as hikers that enjoy campfires, moonshine, and naked hiking. ;) It'll make more room for the puritans.:D

TaTonkaI guess I am an outlaw then....