PDA

View Full Version : Physical Fitness

ShakeyLeggs
04-12-2009, 20:42
NOTICE !

WhiteBlaze Requires No Physical Fitness Program.
Everyone Gets Enough Exercise Jumping To Conclusions, Flying
Off The Handle, Running Down The Moderators, Knifing Friends In The
Back, Dodging Responsibility And Pushing Their Luck.

phillycheze
04-13-2009, 03:11
must be the norm

DavidNH
04-13-2009, 08:46
NOTICE !

ShakeyLeggs, This post would be funny, even hilarious, If it weren't for the fact that there is quite a bit of truth in it!!

DavidNH

medicjimr
04-13-2009, 08:49
Makes me think twice about hiking the AT someday exspecially the thread on drugs at hostels can't anyone just get high off life.

JAK
04-14-2009, 07:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxa2JehLShU

Engine
04-14-2009, 13:32
Makes me think twice about hiking the AT someday exspecially the thread on drugs at hostels can't anyone just get high off life.

That kind of echos my thoughts. I was looking forward to 5-6 months of getting away from the less enjoyable aspects of society, and some recent threads make me think that on the trail it might be impossible to avoid...Either I'll have to go SOBO and have less numbers to deal with, or leave in February and freeze my butt off. :(

Lone Wolf
04-14-2009, 13:50
That kind of echos my thoughts. I was looking forward to 5-6 months of getting away from the less enjoyable aspects of society, and some recent threads make me think that on the trail it might be impossible to avoid...Either I'll have to go SOBO and have less numbers to deal with, or leave in February and freeze my butt off. :(

go to the CDT

sheepdog
04-14-2009, 16:41
Most of the people I've met on the trail, I have liked. I have even made friends and we have section hiked together years after our first meeting.

Engine
04-14-2009, 17:36
Most of the people I've met on the trail, I have liked. I have even made friends and we have section hiked together years after our first meeting.

I have no doubt that both my wife and I will come back from our thru with fond memories and new lasting friendships. The drug thing just doesn't fit in with what I had envisioned. I'm sure it's not as bad as it's been made to sound though, at least I hope not.

sheepdog
04-14-2009, 19:37
I have no doubt that both my wife and I will come back from our thru with fond memories and new lasting friendships. The drug thing just doesn't fit in with what I had envisioned. I'm sure it's not as bad as it's been made to sound though, at least I hope not.
I've done about 400 miles. Haven't seen anyone smoking yet. Of course I look like a cop. :D

buff_jeff
04-14-2009, 20:11

I think it's a bit hyperbolized. In two months of hiking this summer I didn't see a single person smoke, although one wanted to...he just ran out of his dope.

YoungMoose
04-14-2009, 22:17
NOTICE !

i must agree

Wise Old Owl
04-14-2009, 22:23
What? must be a "southern thang" Not round' here. Here we shoot first and forget to ask questions later.

Tenderheart
04-15-2009, 11:34

I think I saw three people smoking on my thru. Unfortunately, this has been going on among some hikers for 40 years, that I know of. I would say that you would see far less of this behavior in the woods than in the streets. This should be one of your least concerns. You guys are very lucky to be doing this together as husband and wife. Enjoy !!

litefoot 2000