PDA

View Full Version : Ripped a tendon in my knee

Alaskanhkr23
04-14-2009, 11:09
Had to abort the hike becasue i ripped a tendon in my knee on Everret in mass :mad:

Tin Man
04-14-2009, 11:21
damn, that sucks. follow doctors orders, heal up and come again another time

Kerosene
04-14-2009, 11:39
Now how did you do that? What was the evac like?

catfishrivers
04-14-2009, 11:53
Damn sorry to hear that. How long does that take to heal? Hope not too long. Good luck.

Chenango
04-14-2009, 12:30
Too bad. I have lots of good memories on Everret. This one will not be a good one for you. But, you are young and will recover quickly!!

Alaskanhkr23
04-14-2009, 16:22
Yeah,Evac? no evac,I stumbled,bumbled,and slid down most parts,i've hurt my knee some many times ,that im used to pain in it,but i almost did call for evac but ,i just wanted to get home,so i prolly hurt it worst but i drilled myself down hill

kyhipo
04-14-2009, 17:10
Yeah,Evac? no evac,I stumbled,bumbled,and slid down most parts,i've hurt my knee some many times ,that im used to pain in it,but i almost did call for evac but ,i just wanted to get home,so i prolly hurt it worst but i drilled myself down hill
understand hiked on a tore aclu one winter for 80 miles,time heals take care.ky

Old Grouse
04-14-2009, 18:43
Sorry to hear it. Maybe it was the extra weight of that big handgun you were going to carry for black bear protection? Anyway, I hope you get good care and recouperate soon. I hear Danbury Hospital is pretty spiffy if you need surgery.

Alaskanhkr23
04-15-2009, 10:51
nah i didnt bring the Hnadgun,i did get kinda stalked by a little black bear it was in the bushes for about a qrter mile but it left,but i gotta see a orthepedic doctor today

beakerman
04-15-2009, 13:40
nah i didnt bring the Hnadgun,i did get kinda stalked by a little black bear it was in the bushes for about a qrter mile but it left,but i gotta see a orthepedic doctor today

Well there in lies your problem...you are obviously used to carrying an artilery piece and when you didn't have it with you it threw youoff balance.

Seriously though take care of yourself and get better. I too have suffered some knee injuries over the years and I know what you are goin through. Good luck.

Alaskanhkr23
04-16-2009, 00:08
LOL thanks beakerman,yeah it sucks,but i ad alot fun up to that point,cant wait to try again,

EverydayJourneyman
04-16-2009, 07:39
I hope you get better. One of my biggest fears is having a knee injury on the AT. I tore a lateral meniscus and fractured my tibial plateau on my right knee back in 2003. I had the meniscus repaired and then removed a year later since the repair didn't take.

I'm not a gimp and have been extraordinarily active since then but I still sense I'm probably at a greater risk for knee injury.

buff_jeff
04-16-2009, 08:21
I hope you get better. One of my biggest fears is having a knee injury on the AT. I tore a lateral meniscus and fractured my tibial plateau on my right knee back in 2003. I had the meniscus repaired and then removed a year later since the repair didn't take.

I'm not a gimp and have been extraordinarily active since then but I still sense I'm probably at a greater risk for knee injury.

Just take it easy at the start. No need to roll out with 20 mile days. One guy I hiked with this summer, Uncle Kevin, had to stay in Franklin for 2 weeks or so healing a knee injury, but he went on to finish his thru.

sliderule
04-16-2009, 12:52
i ripped a tendon in my knee

Left or right?

Maddog
04-16-2009, 12:55
get well soon! see ya on the trail!

Six-Six
04-16-2009, 13:12
Ouch - one of my biggest concerns - a knee injury in training. Best of luck - follow the doctor's orders and especially the rehab guys' directions. Get well and back on the trail soon.

Alaskanhkr23
04-16-2009, 22:22
Thanks everyone,yeah one of them is the meniscus or whatever,its my right knee,i didnt even realize how far i went,i was having so much fun, hiking i had this big ol' grin on my face all day like i just had sex or suttin LOL