PDA

View Full Version : Small Gasoline Stoves

Manwich
04-15-2009, 16:28
Anybody know of any small Gasoline based stoves?

Please do not post about Canisters, White Gas (unless theyre multicapable) or Alcohol stoves. I'm well versed in these areas but I'm interested in a gasoline based stove (not quite for backpacking)

oops56
04-15-2009, 16:54
Anybody know of any small Gasoline based stoves?

Please do not post about Canisters, White Gas (unless theyre multicapable) or Alcohol stoves. I'm well versed in these areas but I'm interested in a gasoline based stove (not quite for backpacking)

Well as i see it the only thing left is wood or a solar oven

Mags
04-15-2009, 17:01
Whisperlite International is the bread and butter of this type. It will burn auto gas.

In the slightly less expensive category is the Coleman Exponent Feather 442 Dual Fuel Backpacking Stove

White gas and autofuel as well. Pretty much the same design a WW2 GI would have used..... Like many Coleman products of the old school type, it is bomber but it ain't light.

What do you mean "not quite for backpacking"?

The Coleman dual burner stove (http://www.rei.com/product/405020?cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-datafeed-_-product-_-405020&mr:trackingCode=6E21D5C0-521A-DE11-B4E3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA) is also great, will burn auto fuel and is more for car camping and is "not quite for backpacking".

mister krabs
04-15-2009, 18:56
also the Coleman Exponent Multi-Fuel Stove, a little lighter and a little cheaper than the feather 442. runs on gas, white gas and kerosene with an optional generator.

Old Hillwalker
04-15-2009, 19:01
And the Whisperlite International will run on diesel.

One thing that I especially like about it is the smell of burning diesel on a foggy morning. Makes me flashback to mornings in Vietnam. The Vets will know what I'm talking about here:D

Snowleopard
04-15-2009, 19:49
I recently bought the Optimus Nova, burns most things; I've just tried it on Kerosene so far, but it burns white gas, car gasoline, diesel, etc. The flame is very adjustable, simmers well. Should be very good for winter. I had its predecessor and also liked that (destroyed by thieves).

MSR XGK, MSR International, and some Primus stoves are multifuel also.

Dr O
04-15-2009, 20:26
And the Whisperlite International will run on diesel.

One thing that I especially like about it is the smell of burning diesel on a foggy morning. Makes me flashback to mornings in Vietnam. The Vets will know what I'm talking about here:D

:p Wonder if it'd run on napalm? Dual use for bushwhacking!

Manwich
04-15-2009, 21:13
The Coleman Exponent Feather 442 was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.