PDA

View Full Version : Hanover NH

mckennauml
06-05-2004, 18:40
Does anyone know where packages can be sent to in Hanover NH? I will be there in a few weeks and need a place to send food.

Thanks

The Old Fhart
06-05-2004, 19:48
Send them to yourself C/O general delivery, Hanover, NH 03755. Mark on the package "Hold For Thru Hiker". They will hold them, probably for up to 30 days. If you send them Priority Mail it is more expensive but they will forward them at no extra charge if that is necessary.

Pencil Pusher
06-06-2004, 03:48
Why is it in NH, coming just past the stateline from MA, there is a Liquor Barn accessible only from the interstate? Better yet, they have a cooler section...

Alligator
06-06-2004, 10:07
"Live Free or Die"

Pencil Pusher
06-06-2004, 12:57
"Live Free or Die"
Really? Someone posted here it was, "Live, Freeze and Die." ;) No helmet laws too!

Jack Tarlin
06-06-2004, 17:34
Unless you're on some sort of specialized diet or you've dehydrated all of your food, there's no real need to send food to Hanover; the Co-op Supermarket is yards off the Trail (you walk right past it as you head North out of town); there are also several convenience stores, including a 24-Hour one, if you leave town before th Co-Op opens. The Co-Op is frequently cited as the best supermarket on the Trail.

Also, if you have the time, there's shuttle bus service to the nearby town of West Lebanon; along the bus route are an L.L. Bean Store, an Eastern Mountain Sports store, a Borders bookstore, a Wal-Mart, and several enormous supermarkets.

lilmountaingirl
07-07-2004, 22:50
And the Dirt Cowboy Cafe for a really good cup of coffee. ;)

Hikerhead
07-07-2004, 23:18
Jack, have you ever had the pleasure of eating at the 4 Aces in Lebanon?

lilmountaingirl
07-09-2004, 21:59
I've never heard anyone use "4 Aces" and "pleasure" in the same sentence. And I grew up in that area!
What's next? Harry's Exit 18 Truck Stop considered "delectable"? ;)

Hikerhead
07-10-2004, 04:04
I've never heard anyone use "4 Aces" and "pleasure" in the same sentence. And I grew up in that area!
What's next? Harry's Exit 18 Truck Stop considered "delectable"? ;)

That's funny. I found this place by accident while cruising around, actually I thought the food was pretty good. When I went back with my hiking partner (DebW) I had the hardest time finding it. On the way back I missed the Hanover exit and had to drive about 10 miles to the next exit. Ended up being late getting her back to the Gathering and her class. At least three of us had had the "pleasure". :)

lilmountaingirl
07-10-2004, 11:36
the food was pretty good. When I went back with my hiking partner (DebW) I had the hardest time finding it. On the way back I missed the Hanover exit and had to drive about 10 miles to the next exit. Ended up being late getting her back to the Gathering and her class. :)Ah yes...such is life in VT/NH...it's all about "you can't get there from here". :D (but it's actually almost a straight shot out of Hanover if you take Rt 10)

And don't get me wrong...I used to go to 4 Aces too and you are right - it isn't bad. I love diners. ;) Harry's Truck Stop though - watch out for the donuts. I think they weigh about 4 pounds and the chocolate covered ones taste like dense bread with a hershey bar melted on top. :eek:

jjmcgo
07-21-2004, 15:00
And you can get ammo there, too. Logical combination: Liquor and ammo.