PDA

View Full Version : Help me organize my maps, please?

mindi
04-16-2009, 13:40
I got my maps in the mail today. Woohoo! Now I'm just trying to figure out how to organize them. I need to get them into addressed packages so that all my mom has to do is drop them in the mail.

So..which maps to which post offices?

I think I have them in the proper order, but I noticed that the maps go in order southbound until you hit that George Washington Jefferson whatever, then there's 3 or 4 that go backwards. Is that right or am I screwing it all up?

Thanks for any help!
:) Sugargrits

berninbush
04-16-2009, 13:46
I'm not a thru-hiker and I'm not familiar with the maps, but what do you mean they go "backwards"? If you've put the maps in the correct sequence from north to south (I'm assuming you're SOBO), then that's the order they should be in.

mindi
04-16-2009, 13:52
Sorry..what I meant is that there is one bundle of maps that are numbered 1-7, but all of those maps go south to north, so you have to start with Map 7 and work your way to Map 1. The other maps appear go south in sequence (Map 1 comes before Map 2, etc.). Hope that makes sense..lol..

Sarge
04-16-2009, 14:16
I just disregarded the number system on them and just wrote my own numbers on them numbered in the direction I was going. I think I ended up with 1-41. I usually carried anywhere from 2 to 4 maps at a time depending on the size of the map and what location I could have more mailed to me and I could send the ones I weren't using home. There's no right or wrong way to do it. It's one of those things you have to find whatever works for you.

Sarge