PDA

View Full Version : Cinching up an Ursack

mindi
04-16-2009, 13:48
I need some help figuring out how to get my Ursack to cinch closed. No matter how hard I pull, I can't seem to get the top to close really well. Yanking, pulling, using the cordlock..it still seems to have gaps. Do I need to wrap the cords around the top or something?

bigcranky
04-16-2009, 21:04
There are photos of a cinched up ursack in this backpackgeartest review (http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Bear%20Resistant%20Containers/Ursack%20TKO%20bear-resistant%20bag/Owner%20Review%20by%20Ken%20Bennett/).

BrianLe
04-17-2009, 12:16
Perhaps your (new?) Ursack is just stiff. I don't recall for sure if or how much I had this problem, but perhaps sort of pushing the (yes, stiff) fabric around relative to the cord could help, rather than just trying to do it from pulling on the cord alone. And/or manipulate the Ursack fabric where the cord goes through to try to work it a little less stiff there.

Ursack Pres
04-20-2009, 13:41
Here is how to cinch an Ursack S29 (green). Note that the instructions for our new S29 AllWhite are somewhat different:

First. Starting from the grommet where the cords first emerge from the bag, pull the cords TIGHT. It helps to pull one cord at a time. Then pull them through the grommet on the other side of the Ursack. Again, pull one cord at a time to tighten it further. If there are still gaps, wrap the excess cord around a branch or door knob or some other fixed object and pull steadily using the additional leverage. You can put your entire weight behind it and you will not break the cords or rip the fabric. Be a bit careful of the grommets. They are just decorative, but are more vulnerbale to coming loose.
Once you have eliminated all gaps and slack, slide the cordlock tigh and then tie a square knot. Where allowed, tie the excess cords around a branch and secure with a figure 8 knot.

Thanks for using our product.

tom

mindi
04-24-2009, 20:54
Thanks! Got it cinched pretty well now. I think I just needed to add some weight to it and loosen up the stiff fabric at the top a little bit.

:D

Phoenixdadeadhead
04-26-2009, 09:14
Off subject, But How dirty was that title "Cinching up ur sack"