PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Thunder is back on the AT

Chaco Taco
04-16-2009, 23:05
We dropped him off today at Standing Bear. Give him as much hell as possible, he loves it!!!! If you are hiking with him, Sams Gap, Thursday! Nuff said!:D

Digger'02
04-17-2009, 10:47
Booyah! I hope he remembers to wipe.

Chaco Taco
04-17-2009, 21:07
Or atleast with something other than crumbling leaves

Jester2000
04-17-2009, 21:46
Booyah! I hope he remembers to wipe.

Or atleast with something other than crumbling leaves

Johnny T uses squirrels, 'cause they're soft.

Wonder
04-17-2009, 22:25
Saw him walk in the direction of the trail just this very morning!

TOW
04-17-2009, 22:41
Is it really Johnny or is it memorex?

mweinstone
04-18-2009, 05:02
me and bearpaw and the dude should be with johnney soon. we leave soon if all goes well. maby even tommorow.

jessicacomp
04-18-2009, 09:48
it should say "me and bearpaw and the dude and two beers" because i wish i was going with you guys too, what a fine group of hikers!

Chaco Taco
04-18-2009, 11:00
me and bearpaw and the dude should be with johnney soon. we leave soon if all goes well. maby even tommorow.

So much for surprising you in Philly tommorow

Rockhound
04-18-2009, 12:53
Matty, get yer azz down to SBF by Monday morning! I have a bottle of Crown Royal waiting for you and if you don't come I'll be forced to Give it away to some undeserving sole like Johnny Thunder. Oh wait, he is actually hiking. Maybe he does deserve it more.

Panzer1
04-18-2009, 13:18
Johnny T uses squirrels, 'cause they're soft.

He saw that on one of those TV survival shows.

Panzer

Mother's Finest
04-18-2009, 14:16
I have been out of the loop

is my man JT hiking again this year, or just out for a section?

peace
mf

Panzer1
04-18-2009, 14:41
I have been out of the loop

is my man JT hiking again this year, or just out for a section?

peace
mf

I think its a section hike.

Panzer

Chaco Taco
04-18-2009, 15:48
He is out playing for a bit

Johnny Thunder
04-21-2009, 17:53
I've been out here since Thursday and so far I've covered from Standing Bear to Max Patch.

That's like a 20 mile-a-day average. Top that silly through hikers.

Mother's Finest
04-21-2009, 18:25
dude you rock

your hiking skills are off the chain

(I almost accidentally said hook, not as cool though I believe chain has already lost its cache with the youth)

peace
mf

Chaco Taco
04-21-2009, 22:01
I've been out here since Thursday and so far I've covered from Standing Bear to Max Patch.

You put a zero Johnny and you shouldnt have.:D I understand when you get to typing, you get overzealous and want to hit that zero.

Jester2000
04-22-2009, 09:39

And that's pretty impressive, considering that he doesn't have a laptop and is carrying a full-sized computer in his pack.

Chaco Taco
04-22-2009, 09:59
And that's pretty impressive, considering that he doesn't have a laptop and is carrying a full-sized computer in his pack.
But the boy is carrying hair gel!!!!

wakapak
04-22-2009, 10:00
But the boy is carrying hair gel!!!!

and dont forget the "new" piece of gear he showed us......A RAZOR!!!!

Chaco Taco
04-22-2009, 10:04
and dont forget the "new" piece of gear he showed us......A RAZOR!!!!

Hence the name Johnny Metro!

Jester2000
04-22-2009, 10:45
Hence the name Johnny Metro!

I understand he's carrying a waxing kit for manscaping purposes.

Chaco Taco
04-22-2009, 11:05
I heard that he even has a mirror. If you look at a picture from Max Pacth the other day, he has a scarf on. Im not joking, wish i was.

Chaco Taco
04-22-2009, 11:07
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2185355&id=622582750&ref=mf

Chaco Taco
04-22-2009, 12:23
Just got a call from JT and he and Matthewski and Bearpaw are on there way here. Good times!!!

mweinstone
04-22-2009, 13:35
matthewski here. me and my girlfriend and my best friend and my friend are at chacos and wacs house in ashvill going to sams gap to hike . be informed. miss janet has left the house. we had the last supper and beds at the hostel formerly known as ron havens hosted by miss janet when she closed the doors and we cleaned and packed and ate the final miss janet leftover breakfast with chip topped egg potatoe cheese thing and french toast and bacon by matty and all manner of mala and tucker dog and friends like butters and fabion the best dog i love and gater and radar and love and good wishes from marcella and ronnie and now it is finnished. we sat and watched miss janets new proposal for the erwin hikeing center and it is a work of love.

Chaco Taco
04-22-2009, 14:04
matthewski here. me and my girlfriend and my best friend and my friend are at chacos and wacs house in ashvill going to sams gap to hike . be informed. miss janet has left the house. we had the last supper and beds at the hostel formerly known as ron havens hosted by miss janet when she closed the doors and we cleaned and packed and ate the final miss janet leftover breakfast with chip topped egg potatoe cheese thing and french toast and bacon by matty and all manner of mala and tucker dog and friends like butters and fabion the best dog i love and gater and radar and love and good wishes from marcella and ronnie and now it is finnished. we sat and watched miss janets new proposal for the erwin hikeing center and it is a work of love.

How ironic, we had the first supper! Anyway, what he said and we are leaving. Goin a day early. See ya'll later. Big Bald here we come!!!

Ron Haven
04-22-2009, 19:00
matthewski here. me and my girlfriend and my best friend and my friend are at chacos and wacs house in ashvill going to sams gap to hike . be informed. miss janet has left the house. we had the last supper and beds at the hostel formerly known as ron havens hosted by miss janet when she closed the doors and we cleaned and packed and ate the final miss janet leftover breakfast with chip topped egg potatoe cheese thing and french toast and bacon by matty and all manner of mala and tucker dog and friends like butters and fabion the best dog i love and gater and radar and love and good wishes from marcella and ronnie and now it is finnished. we sat and watched miss janets new proposal for the erwin hikeing center and it is a work of love.Friends,see all of you at trail days.:banana

Chaco Taco
04-26-2009, 21:03
Friends,see all of you at trail days.:banana

Looking forward to seeing you Ron.

Chaco Taco
04-28-2009, 16:53
Thunder is in Damascus heading back south in a couple of days to hike NOBO

Chaco Taco
04-29-2009, 15:28
A "Thunder" movie is coming momentarily. I put something together to show everyone a small side of one of my best friends... Im still editing and it may be a tad sloppy. Either way its funny and hopefully will make his trip down here a little more memorable!

mweinstone
04-29-2009, 20:43
me and bearpaw and wolfpaw and wolf and pirate and blojack and bob peoples and wee willy and all are at dennits in damascus

Chaco Taco
04-29-2009, 20:45
me and bearpaw and wolfpaw and wolf and pirate and blojack and bob peoples and wee willy and all are at dennits in damascus
How long you guys gonna be down here?? Traildays?

Chaco Taco
04-29-2009, 22:26
A little pre Traildays fun! Its still processing so it may be a bit blurry!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW1R_8N10YM

Lugnut
04-29-2009, 22:47
Looks good from here!

Chaco Taco
04-30-2009, 09:14
Wow it turned out better than I thought it would

Johnny Thunder
05-01-2009, 17:14
So, i've upped my average a bit and met many of these silly through hikers. I've broken a few rules this trip...most in the past few days.

First, I did in fact put on my pack cover this morning. I mean, I'm not through hiking so I'm not walking in the rain. Who's with me?

Next, I have added a few new pieces of gear that break my "simplicity first" rule. Most notably a speaker I bought from Walmart. I've been teaching the Southern woods about indie rock. Hot damn to I love skinny jeans. (joking).

I told the "Keychain's Mouldering Privy *******" story to riotous laughter at Jack of the Woods. We had to leave lest any Ashevillains become pregnant by my potent prose.

Chuckles to all and to all a good night. Peace and love. See you in Damascus.

Chaco Taco
05-02-2009, 18:19
Guess who's back, back again, Thunder's back, lock up your girlfriend!
Picked up da man in Hot Springs today and he has taken over the house.

Lion King
05-02-2009, 21:55
Yeah, if not for him "What?" would have been lost forever...and I say I hate cell phones...

Johnny is carrying the Dirty Wizard, or is it the Bad Wizard...either way...lol

Chaco Taco
05-02-2009, 22:46
Yeah, if not for him "What?" would have been lost forever...and I say I hate cell phones...

Johnny is carrying the Dirty Wizard, or is it the Bad Wizard...either way...lol

Man where are you?

sloopjonboswell
05-03-2009, 00:30
hellos out to matty and ladyfriend, thunder and all.

-pike county

mweinstone
05-03-2009, 00:40
jester misses his wiz i think. he called from his new cooly place in harpers. sounds grerat. but as i said. i think hes sad for his wizz. he wasnt sure where it was. i told him johnneys useing him. the wizz not jester. the dildos gotta go. its gross and heavy and upseting to this jesus freaks prune.

Johnny Thunder
05-03-2009, 00:57
The Wizard's in Asheville and I'll call Jester tomorrow in the AM to discuss plans.

Lion King
05-04-2009, 18:20
Man where are you?
Erwin taking a sick day at the Holiday Inn.

Johnny Thunder
05-04-2009, 18:28
I'm going back to Cali tomorrow to bring some Swine Flu to Trail Days.

Chaco Taco
05-04-2009, 19:41
Erwin taking a sick day at the Holiday Inn.

Dang dude, hope you feel better. If ya need anything, let us know, we are right down the road

Johnny Thunder
05-10-2009, 14:36
Back from Cali...no Swine Flu (booo). The Wizard scared a few humorless TSA Baggage Inspectors. Then we danced at some cougar bar and I hung with the World Series Trophy all day. The white man's medicine doesn't sit well with El Rod. Trail Days starts tomorrow for me.

Chaco Taco
05-11-2009, 13:48
Thunder has landed and he is packin heat! Ladies watch out