PDA

View Full Version : My sister's first hike

Bear Cables
04-18-2009, 14:03
This week I took my sister on her first backpacking trip. She want to do some of the AT with us so we took her on a hilly trail for three day. She must have liked it because on the last two miles she said all she was thinking is " what's in my pack that I don't need and how can I get lighter?" I think I have found a new hiking partner! She has always camped and day hike but is just now trying backpacking. We had a great trip and the weather was fabulous. I posted some pictures of the hike on my gallery.

Chaco Taco
04-18-2009, 15:51
Thats great to hear. Glad she liked it. Keep on hiking

TrippinBTM
04-18-2009, 18:55
good! that first trip is crucial. If it's a good experience, it leaves a lasting impression and one is more likely to go again.

Blissful
04-18-2009, 20:22
So great! I met two sisters thru hiking this year while on my section hike, they were so cute and having a super time! You never know...

TrippinBTM
04-19-2009, 11:43
So great! I met two sisters thru hiking this year while on my section hike, they were so cute and having a super time! You never know...

Werer they the two older women from New Jersey? I met them in GA, and doubted they'd make it far, but I was amazed and happy to know they at least got to Harpers Ferry. But I don't know anything beyond that. Anyone know if they finished?