PDA

View Full Version : Hello Smoky

smokymtnsteve
06-06-2004, 16:46
Having a Good time in Alaska?

smokymtnsteve
06-06-2004, 17:22
my son,smokymtnred, who is working in Denali, AK for the season was online from the Library in HEALY, AK. He is doing well, working as a prep cook and ATV guide. We Meet on sunday afternoons here on WHITEBLAZE.

Pencil Pusher
06-06-2004, 22:22
Wow, nice park. Only got a glance of it, but on two very nice days in spectacular settings. You should go up there for a visit.

smokymtnsteve
06-06-2004, 22:36
Red was going to thru hike this year but got the offer for AK when he got to Rainbow Springs Campground near Franklin..he comes home late Sept and plans on doing a litttle SOBO this fall.

Pencil Pusher
06-07-2004, 03:12
If red and you have a microphone on your computers, you should google TeamSpeak, download the necessary version and find a channel you can both join. Basically you get to talk to each other over the internet, for free. It's pretty slick and sounds like it doesn't use much bandwidth so it might be suitable for dialup modem users. Okay, got off my lazy butt, here's the web link:

http://www.teamspeak.org/

It's an open channel. Not sure on server software operation, the only channels I've been on have been game oriented, with someone else letting me join. I imagine you could password protect a subchannel, like I had used, and thereby have a private conversation. After setup, it's simply a couple of mouse clicks to access each time. It's freeware too.

smokymtnsteve
06-07-2004, 09:40
mysef being almost deaf, the written word works well for me..but thanks for the info