PDA

View Full Version : Wow ! what a bargain

johnnybgood
04-19-2009, 16:34
I just returned from my absolute favorite place to go looking for bargains - that being Goodwill.

Fortunately for me there are 3 stores less than 5 miles from where I live and each one is clean and organized.

Today I scored a C9 duo-dry H20 resistant never worn ( tags from Target still attached ) rain jacket for $ 5.99 .
I also found an Aspen Outdoor polyester lined sleevess shell with frontal chest pockets with a snap down rain flap for $ 8.99 . It looked like brand new .
Then throw in a Nike rain jacket for good measure , my two favorite colors , dark blue & purple for $5.99.

Less than $ 25 for everything.... wow ! now thats a bargain.

Many Walks
04-19-2009, 17:00
Yup, scored two pair brand new North Face nylon hiking pants a while back at the Salvation Army store. $4.50 ea....loved that!

Engine
04-19-2009, 17:36
Yup, scored two pair brand new North Face nylon hiking pants a while back at the Salvation Army store. $4.50 ea....loved that!

I live in the wrong place. It's all retired golfers around here, so the thrift stores are full of really loud shirts and bermuda shorts...:(

The Weasel
04-19-2009, 19:05
I live in the wrong place. It's all retired golfers around here, so the thrift stores are full of really loud shirts and bermuda shorts...:(

Is there a Leisure World anywhere near Seattle? :D

TW

mindi
04-19-2009, 20:44

Same here. I've tried several times to find bargain hiking stuff at the local Goodwills, but to no avail. :(

Cabin Fever
04-20-2009, 06:11

Same here in Redneckville. (OK to say for me to say that since I have redneck tendencies). YMCA basketball shirts and Jordache jeans seem to be the most popular thing going at our Goodwills. If I want an ugly sweater though, I am in heaven.

Engine
04-20-2009, 06:22
Same here in Redneckville. (OK to say for me to say that since I have redneck tendencies). YMCA basketball shirts and Jordache jeans seem to be the most popular thing going at our Goodwills. If I want an ugly sweater though, I am in heaven.

Reminds me of the commercial where the guy's dad asks him what he plans now that he has graduated. He says "I've been been looking into retirement and it looks pretty good, by the way dad where did you get that sweater vest"? My kids thought that was funny back in the day and I get a sweater vest every few years for Christmas as a joke from one of them. Anybody need some unused sweater vests?