PDA

View Full Version : Timberland boots at Dick's Sporting Goods

jlore
04-20-2009, 15:40
Have any of you guys / gals ever seen the Timberland hiking boots they have at Dicks. they have a pair there that are Gore-tex lined. Does anyone have anyexperience with these boots or timberland hiking products in general?

Engine
04-20-2009, 15:45
Have any of you guys / gals ever seen the Timberland hiking boots they have at Dicks. they have a pair there that are Gore-tex lined. Does anyone have anyexperience with these boots or timberland hiking products in general?

I had a pair of Timberlands a few years ago that were the most comfortable boots ever for about a year and then somethings changed, don't ask what, and they ended up in the back of the closet since they started to leave my feet really sore. Maybe the support just broke down as they were light hikers and had alot of miles on them, but that was my experience all the same. I hike in trail runners now, but if I get out to do a trail that requires true hikers I would certainly consider Timberland.

hikingshoes
04-20-2009, 15:45
i had a pair of timberland yrs. ago.i did my first hike in them,in the Smokies.i like them.i have a pair of North Face now.

Peaks
04-20-2009, 16:40
I'm using Timberland work boots currently. No problems. Seems to hold up well.

(Miss the Dunhams)

Blissful
04-20-2009, 19:54
My son had a pair of Timberland, the seam opened up on it and had to get it replaced at the store. Made out okay with them for general weekend trips and day hikes.

Toolshed
04-20-2009, 21:21
I owned a pair of Eurohikers about 20 years ago. Made cheaply IMMHO. More fashion than function. Midsoles broke down quickly. eyelets came loose and rubber rand deteriorated within a year.

snaplok
04-20-2009, 21:31
I had a pair of Timberlands a few years ago that were the most comfortable boots ever for about a year and then somethings changed, don't ask what, and they ended up in the back of the closet since they started to leave my feet really sore. Maybe the support just broke down as they were light hikers and had alot of miles on them, but that was my experience all the same. I hike in trail runners now, but if I get out to do a trail that requires true hikers I would certainly consider Timberland.
Have to agree. I've had the Gore Tex models which I find great for wet weather but now I have ones that are the Eco model with the Vibram soles and Smartwool lining in the show model.
Both worked great for about a yearm then the support seems to get packed down and lose something turning a great pair into torture. Reminds me of snowboard boots where the liner padding gets packed down and a new pair is in order.

jcramin
04-21-2009, 15:30
I love Timberland boots, they are the only boots I buy for serious wearing. I have some cheap offbrand boots I wear camping when its muddy and I have a pair of Red Wing bots I won at an auction, BUT for more years than I can remember I have bought Timberland boots and shoes. They fit great and feel great.

J

Plodderman
04-21-2009, 15:40
Yes I used a couple of pairs over the past few years and they seem to keep there look but after about 500 miles they hurt my feet.

I hike about 20 miles a week and take on one or two 100 mile hikes a summer and by the end they can not be used of hiking. I will say this while I use them they are very comfortable and durable until the cushion wears down.

Maddog
04-21-2009, 15:47
i've got some timberland boots, but not hikers. they're more like dress shoes! comfortable, but i would'nt hike in them! too nice...too expensive! :)

Ladytrekker
04-21-2009, 15:57
My Timberlands are extremely comfortable, I tried on many boots and these felt the best not tight in the toe box plenty of room for thick socks. Very happy with mine.

OldStormcrow
04-21-2009, 16:05
Timberland is just another case of "you get what you pay for". They are functional and cheap. When I was 19 and my feet were young and indestructable I used to wear cheap boots. Now I wear very good boots (various brands) because if my feet will not go, I can't go.

The Weasel
04-21-2009, 16:06
Excellent gear. One pair broke a seam while on the AT. Called customer support from next town and they FedEx'd a replacement pair in 2 days.

TW