PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heading to Trailfest in Hot Springs this weekend?

Midway Sam
04-21-2009, 08:07
I've got to get out of the house for the weekend so I thought I might head to Hot Springs for Trailfest and to fill in a stupid little hole I have from Lemon Gap down to Hot Springs. I figured I would get Bluff Mtn. to shuttle me up to Lemon Gap, but I thought there might be someone from WB heading to Trailfest that might be planning to drive up to Max Patch on Saturday that I could hitch a ride with.

Any time on Saturday would be fine with me, I was planning on hitting Trailfest for a few hours and then heading up to Lemon Gap in the late afternoon, but I am flexible.

Marta
04-21-2009, 18:19
I'm heading to Hot Springs Friday night, to the SEHHA get-together. You might be able to get a ride to Max Patch from one of the hammock hangers.

Morpheus
04-21-2009, 19:02
Staying @ Elmer's Friday & possibly Saturday night, then hiking up to Erwin.

Ox97GaMe
04-21-2009, 23:02
Im headed to the Max Patch area Fri night. I will be leaving Knoxville around 6PM. You are welcome to ride up there with me, and back to Knox on Sun. I wont be going to Hot Springs, so you would still need the shuttle back to Max Patch where my vehicle would be.

PM me if you want to discuss that option.

Hooch
04-21-2009, 23:19
I'll also be in Hot Springs this weekend for the SEHHA hang. There are a few of us hiking from Garenflo Gap back to Hot Springs. If you'd like to join us, you're more than welcome. If you want to get a shuttle to Lemon Gap, call Wayne or Daniel at BMO. They'll be able to help out.

Pirate
04-22-2009, 07:38
Hot Springs is too gay. Instead there is a hiker feed at Browns Gap. Better food and entertainment. You don't have to be afraid of butt pirates at the Gap.

Midway Sam
04-22-2009, 08:45
I appreciate the offers but I was notified of a death in the family shortly after posting yesterday that has changed my plans. Thanks for all the offers!

curtisvowen
04-22-2009, 13:46
Anyone willing to pick up hikers here at my place and take them to Hot Springs are welcome to come on by.

Madison County Owl
04-22-2009, 17:40
Hot Springs is too gay. Instead there is a hiker feed at Browns Gap. Better food and entertainment. You don't have to be afraid of butt pirates at the Gap.

Why of course you think its gay because you always hang around the queens wherever you go, but darling I will be glad to show where the straight bar is.
I know a lot of the real hikers will be there, but you can hang around the double yellowblazers suckin on the beer keg or whatever..... XX/OO

Madison County Owl
04-24-2009, 06:05
LOOKS like it is going to be a great weekend in Hot Springs, NC Excellent weather and a good time, Sunny Sunny Sunny all three days of trailfest
A good time will be had by All I'm sure of it.
waiting to see who comes into town I will be coming down from Devils Fork Gap, the land of Christmas Trees, may the sun SHINE on all, and those lookin for great SHINE

Lone Wolf
04-24-2009, 06:09
may the sun SHINE on all, and those lookin for great SHINE

so you're sellin' some untaxed liquor?

StarLyte
04-24-2009, 06:35
You all have fun wherever you go !

Hey, what's wrong with being gay? Gay means happy & fun !!!

Chill !

Lilred
04-24-2009, 10:27
I suddenly have this weekend off work. Put in my two weeks notice last weekend and I was taken off the schedule. Pretty typical restaurant M.O.

Boy, it sure is tempting to swing up to Hot Springs.

Madison County Owl
04-24-2009, 22:44
well the new rockbottom sports bar and grill opened up with a full menue tonight and they did great so now there two good places to go and eat and have a beer play pool and feed the jukebox, whoopi I had a Fat Tire beer a they also have shock top and will be getting the mothership...

gungho
04-25-2009, 00:50
no one will be there

Madison County Owl
04-25-2009, 12:32
Sure looks like a lot of Folks showed up for Trailfest for a small town they give a good time to those who join in for the experience great Music and Speakers.
Granted not as sophisticated as some festivals, but started off at 9:00am with a bang.
Lots of Vendors and Music the ATC booth has lots of good information.
The new Pub – Rock Bottom Sports Grill is doing well with many celebrators.
Around the corner the New Iron horse station also doing well.
Craft vendors food vendors at least 10 are working hard to keep up with the crowd.
8 Music entertainers and other great activities, the duck Race at 5:00pm
ALDHA members and the Hammock crowd have arrived staying the night at the Campground , with music and festivities.

Madison County Owl
04-25-2009, 17:56
Well Trailfest is officially over for the evening but many Hikers are staying around to enjoy the Facilities and dining and lodging of Hot Springs, NC
Despite what some folks might think Hot springs is a great place to visit and always a warm welcome even for those detractors that think otherwise.
I know that all the trail towns have made me welcomed to visit and I have been to all of them, I have even been to Damascus, Virginia..... Jeff has always been good to me and given me a warm welcome and even that Larry Riddle has given me a warm smile.
and going back to Kincora is always a great stop.
Mean while back In the north Kent Ct was a fun place as well.
or going way south back to the blueberry patch nice folks and thats what I like about the Trail there are always fine folks to meet.... MCO

RockDoc
04-27-2009, 19:04
I stayed at Elmer's Friday night and saw trail fest on Saturday. Ho hum....
Too friggin hot for one thing, plus the clouds of bugs in your eyes.

The ATC booth wouldn't give members anything free, they were just on the make for new subscriptions. An amazingly obese group was selling baked goods; fat pills if you will.

Looked all over town for a decent cup of coffee. Struck out four times until I found the coffee bar inside Bluff Mtn. Ahh heaven.

But watch out for the huge weight scale in Bluff; it reads way too light. It told me I had lost 25 lbs, but I only lost 10.

I was glad to leave trail fest. The best part was the free pizza on Friday noon at the tent raising. Other than that, yawn......

Madison County Owl
04-29-2009, 11:21
I stayed at Elmer's Friday night and saw trail fest on Saturday. Ho hum....
Too friggin hot for one thing, plus the clouds of bugs in your eyes.

The ATC booth wouldn't give members anything free, they were just on the make for new subscriptions. An amazingly obese group was selling baked goods; fat pills if you will.

Looked all over town for a decent cup of coffee. Struck out four times until I found the coffee bar inside Bluff Mtn. Ahh heaven.

But watch out for the huge weight scale in Bluff; it reads way too light. It told me I had lost 25 lbs, but I only lost 10.

I was glad to leave trail fest. The best part was the free pizza on Friday noon at the tent raising. Other than that, yawn......

I notice the KEY words in your comment FREE, freebies freebies oh by jeebies, lets get some free things today.... once again trailfest is not a sophisticated as other events but maybe it shouldn't be.... maybe none of the parties should exsist on the trail or in the trail towns.