PDA

View Full Version : NEED Ride 4/30/09-GA Pinhoti N. Terminus @Benton-MacKaye Tr to AL Pinhoti S. Terminus

garyhebert
04-23-2009, 17:58
:sunNeed Ride from GA Pinhoti N. Terminus @Benton-MacKaye Tr to AL Pinhoti S. Terminus 4/30/09

Perhaps I'm crazy..PERHAPS??!! Need a ride/shuttle from the Georgia Pinhoti Trail Northern Terminus/Traihead @ Junction with Benton-MacKaye Trail (Blue Ridge,GA) to the AL Pinhoti Southern Terminus (Flag Mountain, Weogufka, AL).

I hope to leave ~4-5pm on 4/30/09 and get down there sometime that nite. Hope to hit the Pinhoti northbound May 1st bright and early, hiking back to same where I'll have a ride to Damascus.

Anybody got any ideas?? Trail angels? Shuttle services? Bus? combo?

I'm open to hitchin or paying, whatever works. Kinda on a tight schedule.

Please post or email asap-thanks! :cool:

FedEx
[email protected]

ednotmilkman
04-23-2009, 23:28
Hi fedex,

Sorry I can't help you, as I'm near the FL border, but you should post a request to www.alatrails.com (http://www.alatrails.com) . I guarantee you will get some considerate response, if not assistance. This is a great forum website for people hiking in and near Alabama. If you want to hike the latest, greatest, but still not officially open southern section of the Pinhoti south of Bull Gap, get a 2008 Talladega N.F. map and I'll p.m. to show you where the trail's new woods walk southern end is. Also you might want to know we have built a picnic table on the first nice overlook on the trail near Flagg Mountain. The fire tower there is not on the trail and you can not camp without permission there since it's leased by a local private club. If you see my camelback mouthpiece somewhere along that trail, let me know.

Greyhound does not stop at any small towns in Alabama anymore. You can't get off anywhere between Montgomery, Birmingham, or Anniston - you could try a bribe or gun to get the driver to let you off at Clanton, would be the closest stop to Flagg I guess between Mtg and B'ham.

Edwin

garyhebert
04-24-2009, 08:50
Yes, I'll post ride request there too. Thanks!

PLEASE do PM me about the unofficial soon to be trail. I'm not excited about 35 miles of roadwalk and any scenic trail sounds great to me. I can live with not hiking the official route. ha ha.

FedEx
[email protected]

garyhebert
04-28-2009, 16:30
THANKS for the help thru PMs. I found a ride!!! All Set!! See you at Trail Days!!!

FedEx