PDA

View Full Version : Catawba Hospital

RedneckRye
04-23-2009, 22:38
I went to Virginia last weekend to meet a friend from here in town who is hiking this year.
Met up with her and a couple of other hikers just south of Catawba. One of the guy's had tweaked his knee. Pain, swelling, etc.
He expressed interest in having it looked at by a medical professional even though he was fairly sure that a zero or two, some ice, and some Vitamin I would fix it.
Earlier I had seen a sign for the Catawba Hospital as I drove thru town and figured "Hey, a medical center right by the trail - great. They probably know all about all of the standard hiker ailments."
Not the case.
"The Catawba Hospital is a facility of the Commonwealth of Virginia public mental health system, Catawba Hospital specializes in serving adults including geriatric individuals who are in need of mental health care." - from their website.
Long story short, we ended up heading into Roanoke to the Urgent Care place next to the Carilion Hospital.
An hour and a half later, they confirmed what he suspected. No rips, no tears, just stress and strain. A zero, some ice and some Ibuprofen should cure the situation.