PDA

View Full Version : Prescription sunglasses!

Jayboflavin04
04-25-2009, 10:37
I wear glasses. I am able to go without sometimes, but am more comfortable wearing them. I want something that is cool :cool: cause lets face it we all wanna look cool in our shades.

I dont carry sunglasses on my trips, but i dont carry my specs either. I think carrying one pair for both purposes would eliminate the broken and/or lost issue.

Concerns, issues, and $$$
I should have posted this in gear review.....can a mod please move this.
Looking for answers from people who have bought or owned something like these.

Dr O
04-25-2009, 10:58
How about photogreys?

Panzer1
04-25-2009, 11:10
I think most glasses get broken in shelters at night when someone walks on them. Whatever you get you should have a hard case to keep them in so they don't get stepped on when you stay in shelters.

Panzer

Feral Bill
04-25-2009, 11:14
How about photogreys?

The only disadvantage I know of these is they do not darken driving a car, as the UV is filtered by the windshield. Hardly a problem on the trail. Do go for a hard case.

Jayboflavin04
04-25-2009, 11:17
I wouldnt need them to get up to do the deal in the night. I started using chums since I got a good pair of sunglasses stolen off my head by a tree. The chums allow me to hang them from my neck instead of putting them on top of my head. I could just clip them on my pack at night, thanks for the tip.

hoz
04-25-2009, 18:16
I always put my glasses in my shoes at night. For sunglasses I bring a flip up that attaches to my regular glasses.

Rockhound
04-25-2009, 19:08
Transition lenses.

healthymom
04-26-2009, 10:01
go to zenni optical
cheap, cheap, cheap, decent quality. I just ordered a pair of tinted lineless bifocals and a pair of prescription sunglasses $81 for both pairs including shipping.
Dee

Slosteppin
04-26-2009, 20:42
go to zenni optical
cheap, cheap, cheap, decent quality. I just ordered a pair of tinted lineless bifocals and a pair of prescription sunglasses $81 for both pairs including shipping.
Dee

Really really good price! I've been wearing photogrey lineless bifocal perscription glasses for at least 5 years. The only time I have problems with them is hiking in snow. They correct for the bright snow and everything else is too dark. I often take them off for snowshoeing.

Slosteppin

Summit
04-26-2009, 21:52
I just picked up a pair of excellent quality clip-ons from Sam's Club yesterday for $17.

http://www.polareyes.com/

They look cool and attach and detach easily to my prescription glasses, which I carry in a hard case backpacking.