PDA

View Full Version : What boot?

TrippinBTM
04-26-2009, 12:45
I'm going to be doing trailwork in Utah for the next 6 months for the Utah Conservation Corps. I don't know what boots would be good for both the hiking but also the working. The assistant director suggested Asolo boots, which are a bit too expensive for me. But I do want something pretty decent. Can anyone help me out with some solid suggestions?

I leave for UT in a few weeks, so I don't think I can do this through the mail. Thus, more than one suggestion, please, so I have options if the boot store/REI/whatever doesn't have them.

handlebar
04-26-2009, 21:51
I've been wearing LaSportiva Makalus for years so I know the size that works for me. Got over 2500 miles on my current pair and have another I use exclusively for trail crew work. I bought mine on Ebay for $75 and they might have had as much as 100 miles on them----in other words virtually new. A lot of people buy these thinking they are top of the line and then find out they're not right for their feet, throw them in the the closet, and a couple years later put them on ebay. You might find similar deals on Asolos.

Desert Reprobate
04-26-2009, 22:14
What size do you need?

TrippinBTM
04-27-2009, 22:05
8.5 or a 9, though it depends. I'm kinda picky about shoes, hate having my toes feel crunched. I'd want to try them on in a store.

Desert Reprobate
04-27-2009, 22:08
Sorry, mine are 12. They have been sitting in the closet for a long time.

baddog
04-28-2009, 17:49
Recently got a pair of Propet Cliff Walkers for about 80 bucks from Shoebuy....come with a 1000 mile/6 month guarantee. Run a little large, order one size smaller than usual.