PDA

View Full Version : Good Glasgow News--

Frau
04-26-2009, 20:02
I just learned today that the town council in Glasgow voted to set aside a lot for AT hikers to camp. The motel is no longer available for anything less than a one month stay.

In addition to a designated AT hiker camping area, the town plans to contruct an "outside" shower (I am not sure what that means) and some another convenience, unamed at this time. There is already water in the current building, so they figured it would be much easier to add on than build from scratch.

When I get more info about this I will post. My understanding is that the camping area will be behind the CC Mart. There is a concession stand for the ball field between the field and the store and I thik that is where the shower/rest room will be constructed.

It's nice that we have voted to become officially AT hiker friendly!

Frau

Blissful
04-26-2009, 20:32
Great news, Frau! I know the NOBOs we met 10 days back were eager to go into Glasgow.

Frau
04-27-2009, 05:38
One of the men is going to post a notice at Matt's Creek Shelter and at John's Creek Shelter, too. I don't know how soon he will accomplish that, though.

I told him I would post here. The ones who need to know now, are on the trail. I hope the council tells the two store owners so that hikers can be directed to the spot. As I said, I believe it is behind CC Mart.

I will find out more today.

Frau

Seeker
04-27-2009, 07:42
an outside shower is probably one like you find at a public pool, or at the beach... not as good as a private inside shower, but better than a sponge bath in an icy mountain stream! nice of Glascow to do that.

superman
04-27-2009, 08:02
I hope the small number of dumb asses don't mess it up.:D

Frau
04-27-2009, 11:34
Amen, superman, including the LOCAL dumb asses.

wakapak
04-27-2009, 12:01
Great news!!! I know I've stopped in Glasgow for unplanned re-supplied on two different hikes (yeah, i didnt learn from the first one that i would eat all my food before there!)and to have access to a shower and a place to camp is going to be nice! Hope it all works out good for everyone!

SawnieRobertson
04-27-2009, 14:48
I love the outside-but-enclosed shower at Graymoor.--Kinnickinic