PDA

View Full Version : Indiana WBers May Get Together

Gorp-Gobbler
04-28-2009, 11:51
If anyone would like to get together for a hike on the Knobstone I'm thinking of starting (or stopping) at the Elk Creek Trail Head and doing the trail South of there.
I'm thinking about going all the way to the Jackson Road Trailhead so an overnight is definate.
If interested please PM me or respond here so that we can figure out a plan for returning to cars.

bigmac_in
04-29-2009, 10:12
Indiana WBers May Get Together

Or may not? :D

Gorp-Gobbler
04-29-2009, 11:02
Indiana WBers May Get Together

Or may not? :D

I know you said you'd be too busy to go so I wrote this for the more intelligent hikers,:D:D.

For your benefit I would have written, "For the month of MAY Get Together...etc., etc.

Are you still going to be too busy?:-?

bigmac_in
04-29-2009, 12:48
I will more than likely be too busy in May. Plus, I have a new granddaughter coming in early May, and I need to start spoiling her right away.

Gorp-Gobbler
04-30-2009, 09:49
I will more than likely be too busy in May. Plus, I have a new granddaughter coming in early May, and I need to start spoiling her right away.

Congrats!!:sun.
I suppose you'll take her to J.L. Waters the first thing and fit her for a pair of hiking shoes.

Gorp-Gobbler
05-04-2009, 09:30
I hiked from Elk Creek Trailhead down to Leota Trailhead yesterday so if any Indiana WBer wants to do from Leota down to Jackson Road Trailhead for our MAY get together, let me know.
This is right around 20 miles so any miles after the first ten while we look for a place to camp will make for a shorter hike out the next day.

bigmac_in
05-04-2009, 15:24
What was the water situation? Was ther plenty available?

Gorp-Gobbler
05-04-2009, 22:57
What was the water situation? Was ther plenty available?

Yes the streams were flowing clear, plenty of cold water.

Gorp-Gobbler
05-07-2009, 16:22
The weekend of May 16th and 17th or 23rd and 24th would be good for anyone wanting to hike a section of the Knobstone with the Indiana WBers.
I'm flexible as far as the which weekend, just let me know if you want to go.:D

Gorp-Gobbler
05-09-2009, 09:14
The weekend of May 16th and 17th or 23rd and 24th would be good for anyone wanting to hike a section of the Knobstone with the Indiana WBers.
I'm flexible as far as the which weekend, just let me know if you want to go.:D

I person responded to this post, so the weekend of the 16th and 17th is set for our get together, with the following weekend set for the "rain date".
I'll announce the meeting time and place hopefully by Monday.:D

Gorp-Gobbler
05-09-2009, 09:16
I person responded to this post, so the weekend of the 16th and 17th is set for our get together, with the following weekend set for the "rain date".
I'll announce the meeting time and place hopefully by Monday.:D

Opps! This should be 1 instead of (I), I must of had a Senior Moment.:o

George
05-11-2009, 02:35
I will be watching the thread

Gorp-Gobbler
05-14-2009, 09:37
Attention all Indiana WBers, the "May" get together has been canceled.
Several of the fellows have to work and other are busy with family matters to make it.