PDA

View Full Version : Probably not a good trail dog.

Engine
04-28-2009, 12:54
Just saw this and thought maybe everyone would enjoy it. This is definitely not a dog to take over Mt. Washington, no telling where he'd end up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090428/ap_on_fe_st/odd_chihuahua_touchdown

Jonauto
04-28-2009, 13:18
and the owners name is Dorothy? wow, thats to funny

Reid
04-28-2009, 13:33
I seriously doubt that the dog was actually picked up by the wind. It probably was having a hard time standing up to it and was forced to trail along in the direction of the wind and then got away from it's owners. Engine - im not givin you lip, just saying I don't think the dog was actually picked up.

Engine
04-28-2009, 14:32
I seriously doubt that the dog was actually picked up by the wind. It probably was having a hard time standing up to it and was forced to trail along in the direction of the wind and then got away from it's owners. Engine - im not givin you lip, just saying I don't think the dog was actually picked up.

I don't think you are giving me any grief, I just cut and pasted a link, the story belongs to someone else. :)

Phoenixdadeadhead
04-29-2009, 17:41
This is definitely 1 to send to Mythbusters. The dog needs to change his name from Tinkerbell to TOTO. Although Tinker bell had fairy dust to make her fly lol. I have a feeling Yahoo pulled the story off the AP without any checking, just like the recent Beer Pong causes Herpies story, which was later showed to be a Hoax after half the news professional in the world reported on it after they too neglected to do their homework lol
Either way it is a great story, worthy of showing to every1 lol. Thanks for the Link Engine

Redfish
04-29-2009, 18:16
Definintely will seek the professional help of a pet psychic next time my dog disappears!!!

I hope I do see this on Mythbusters someday.

Phoenixdadeadhead
04-29-2009, 18:16
Well would any1 like to call them and ask them? I have found the stories on a lot of different sites. I also found their address and phone number. They either live in their sons house, or have a ton of kids Lavern C Utley (http://www.whitepages.com/search/Replay?search_id=73291430652478520107&lower=2&more_info=1&form_mode=opt_b)

home
442 John R Rd
Rochester Hills, MI 48307-2347

Household: Charles V Utley, Dorothy M Utley, Tina L Utley, Billy Utley, Tharon G Utley, Bill J Utley
(248) 651-3193
I bet you have a hard time getting through the

Phoenixdadeadhead
04-29-2009, 18:24
If I can ever work their crazy site I will request it. I must be slow because I never can seem to be able to work their site

Engine
04-29-2009, 19:02
If any of our Whiteblaze.net users lives near Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge maybe they can use the Sky Diving wind tunnel and a borrowed 4 pound dog to test the story. If he floats at 70 mph, then maybe it's true...:eek:

Reid
04-29-2009, 23:47
well force = mass x acceleration. I have no idea what to do with that. I use to be so good at math too. I really don't think you'd need any experiment or anything I'm sure there's an equation amongst many that can give some sort of idea to it's validity. The article itself didn't feel right is what lead me to say that, but I am curious now to know. I must not have a life anymore.......is this what old people do? I'm only 27 but I feel old sitting here contemplating with others on an online forum.

Reid
04-29-2009, 23:48
No. ....wait a minute, im only 26!

sheepdog
04-30-2009, 03:00
I thought this was a BS story until I saw it on the local news. It happened in Michigan.

Engine
04-30-2009, 08:02
I've seen some fairly heavy items tossed a long way by the wind. But, they usually had a large surface area for their weight. I don't imagine that this dog has too much surface area. :-?

superman
04-30-2009, 09:06
well force = mass x acceleration. I have no idea what to do with that. I use to be so good at math too. I really don't think you'd need any experiment or anything I'm sure there's an equation amongst many that can give some sort of idea to it's validity. The article itself didn't feel right is what lead me to say that, but I am curious now to know. I must not have a life anymore.......is this what old people do? I'm only 27 but I feel old sitting here contemplating with others on an online forum.
Your age thing says that you're 26?
This story makes me want to start throwing dogs up in the air to see if they can fly.:)

Many Walks
04-30-2009, 10:22
Tinkerbell needs a loaded doggie pack to hold her down. No UL on the trail for her in the North or she'd be hiking Webster Cliffs one day and wake up in Maine the next.

Pootz
04-30-2009, 10:30
Just saw this and thought maybe everyone would enjoy it. This is definitely not a dog to take over Mt. Washington, no telling where he'd end up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090428/ap_on_fe_st/odd_chihuahua_touchdown

If you can pick it up and hold it its not a dog.

Dances with Mice
04-30-2009, 10:45
Who says he wouldn't make a good trail dog?

You could tie a line to him and use him to set up bear bags.

sheepdog
04-30-2009, 21:15
Who says he wouldn't make a good trail dog?

You could tie a line to him and use him to set up bear bags.
Now that's funny right there

Rouen
05-01-2009, 23:24
If you can pick it up and hold it its not a dog.

what if it's young. and what do you consider holding, I can lift and hold a great dane..

JAK
05-02-2009, 11:32
Hence the expression 'windy enough to blow the dog off the chain'.

Reid
05-02-2009, 17:15
Your age thing says that you're 26?
This story makes me want to start throwing dogs up in the air to see if they can fly.:)

No. ....wait a minute, im only 26!

I noticed after I posted it. Can anyone tell me how to quote with the user's name in the actual quote itself.......not like the ones I've used above? Another thread drift from me......

cowboy nichols
05-02-2009, 17:27
Now I know why Fancy, my 3 lb. chihuahua stays in my shirt when we are hiking.LOL

superman
05-02-2009, 17:34
I noticed after I posted it. Can anyone tell me how to quote with the user's name in the actual quote itself.......not like the ones I've used above? Another thread drift from me......

Qouting is a secret thing.;)

All dogs and other pets can help the thru hikers in one way or the other. If the critter gets to be just too much of a problem it should be cooked over a camp fire. In that way you don't need to make a town stop. If the animal has lost weight it will be easier to skin but it might be chewier...age can also be a factor. I hope I've been of helt.:rolleyes:

Baerman
05-05-2009, 12:33
I think Dorothy and Lavern used pixie dust instead of flea powder>:eek: