PDA

View Full Version : Assault on AT near Hot Springs?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Chaco Taco
05-20-2009, 22:56
why don't you follow up your phone call to atc and get the details?
Aint my business

Chaco Taco
05-20-2009, 22:58
Aint my business
I only called in the first place to see if they were aware of what was going on. They knew and handled it the way they saw fit. I shouldnt have made the call and have stated that.

modiyooch
05-20-2009, 23:20
but you could get first hand knowledge at this point. I thought you called because you were concerned.

kanga
05-21-2009, 08:45
Your worried. The rest of us are hopeful. ;)
fell out of my chair. thanx.

bulldog49
05-21-2009, 09:05
To me, this whole thread is opening up whiteblaze and it's owners to a major lawsuit should anything actually due to speculation on this thread. And yes, message board owners can be sued and forced to spend $1,000's to defend themselves in court. The owners of trailforums.com were smart to eliminate the thread on this nonsense the moment it started there.

There is no legal liability at issue here.

traildust
05-21-2009, 10:56
Its amazing how you drew the conclusion that this was a Spike incident when the name on the file was not given, merely speculation.

"Amazing"! Na! What is amazing that it was another Marine out there causing trouble. Now Lone Wolf don't get your high and tight in a wade.

Amazing is that this hiker called in his reports and we can hear them online. That's a great service and really another way to document a hike and to leave a audio trace as to what the hiker is experiencing. It also would leave a trail if someone went missing.

Of course most all of WB is pure speculation. The internet is filled with sites like this where folks just speculate about any and all things. Go to MoPix.com and type in your city and see what they are speculating about you and your neighbors.

Funny that we as a nation seem to be settling for the misinformation of the internet more and more instead of relying on the newspapers and those who have confirmed sources to give us the news.

But now I rant. Hope Spike is caught and we can write the final chapter on this thread - but not before we get 30,000 views.

Gumbi
05-21-2009, 11:32
Funny that we as a nation seem to be settling for the misinformation of the internet more and more instead of relying on the newspapers and those who have confirmed sources to give us the news.

Not funny at all! Funny that you would think that the newspaper and TV would be a source of unbiased news rather than the propaganda it really is. If you want real news, the only person to get it from is Rush Limbaugh! :D

bpitt
05-21-2009, 12:11
Wasn't it Spike who came in second on American Idol?

Bearpaw
05-21-2009, 12:45
Wasn't it Spike who came in second on American Idol?

Nah, that was Cubby '08.

MOWGLI
05-21-2009, 12:49
Nah, that was Cubby '08.

Does Cubby wear guyliner? :D

BAG "o" TRICKS
05-21-2009, 12:50
Saw his entry at Mtn Harbour.

Have been noticing alot of evidence of "squating" in shelters and campsites.

This may be a real problem with the economy the way it is, lot's of homeless.

MOWGLI
05-21-2009, 12:50
If you want real news, the only person to get it from is Rush Limbaugh! :D

Olbermann drilled him a new one last night. Absolutely hysterical!!! Google "Olbermann + Limbaugh" and watch the 7 minute video. It's side splitting. :banana

Just a Hiker
05-21-2009, 13:08
This may be a real problem with the economy the way it is, lot's of homeless.

Yeah, things are getting bad for people here in Maine as well.....I took some loaves of day old bread down to the Bread of Life Soup Kitchen yesterday and the line for lunch was around the block. I hope things get better.

Chaco Taco
05-21-2009, 15:50
but you could get first hand knowledge at this point. I thought you called because you were concerned.
I did and I am leaving it at that. According to an earlier post he has been picked up and I dont think it is any of our business anymore. Its between his accuser, him and whatever authorities are involved. Thats just me though

Chaco Taco
05-21-2009, 15:51
I was in rockfish gap outfitters today and heard from the ridgerunner, mike, that spike has been caught
Here is the post

Engine
05-21-2009, 16:05
Yeah, things are getting bad for people here in Maine as well.....I took some loaves of day old bread down to the Bread of Life Soup Kitchen yesterday and the line for lunch was around the block. I hope things get better.

We end up with a "tent city" every year near a trail I ride on about 12 miles from the house. Normally it disappears by now due to the heat and the folks living there head back north over the summer months. This year it is still going strong and looks like it has maybe even grown a bit since January. I don't see a light too close to the end of this tunnel. :(

zoidfu
05-21-2009, 16:31
fell out of my chair. thanx.

Hopefully you landed on something sharp;)

kanga
05-22-2009, 07:48
Hopefully you landed on something sharp;)
oh yes, your wit. :rolleyes:

traildust
05-22-2009, 11:54
Not funny at all! Funny that you would think that the newspaper and TV would be a source of unbiased news rather than the propaganda it really is. If you want real news, the only person to get it from is Rush Limbaugh! :D

That's a joke right? Rush is about drama to sell ads to make money. He is not about the news. But we drift off subject. Oberman is no different. Give me Time Magazine, the Washington Times, all of them over the blowhards on cable and talk radio.

traildust
05-22-2009, 12:00
I did and I am leaving it at that. According to an earlier post he has been picked up and I dont think it is any of our business anymore. Its between his accuser, him and whatever authorities are involved. Thats just me though

But was that information true or was it heard on Rush Blowhard? If someone could confirm he got nabbed with a reliable source, the cops, then we could close this down I think. It would be sad to see it go especially before we got 30,000 views but it has been a great run - good theater.

zoidfu
05-22-2009, 12:37
oh yes, your wit. :rolleyes:

You like it

Rockhound
05-22-2009, 12:39
ATTENTION! The hiker known as Spike has escaped custody and vowed to get revenge on anybody who said anything bad about him on WB! Fortunately most of you are safe as you are sitting in front of a computer monitor and not on the actual trail. As long as you stay where you are hypothesizing, speculating, slandering, gossiping etc... you are safe, but under no circumstances should you actually go hiking.

zoidfu
05-22-2009, 12:42
I have a safe house in Vermont that's under 24 hour guard by a fat black cat if anyone needs somewhere to go

Engine
05-22-2009, 14:00
ATTENTION! The hiker known as Spike has escaped custody and vowed to get revenge on anybody who said anything bad about him on WB! Fortunately most of you are safe as you are sitting in front of a computer monitor and not on the actual trail. As long as you stay where you are hypothesizing, speculating, slandering, gossiping etc... you are safe, but under no circumstances should you actually go hiking.

He shouldn't be too hard to spot, looks like a big angry penguin according to hidden camera footage.

Gumbi
05-22-2009, 14:06
That's a joke right? Rush is about drama to sell ads to make money. He is not about the news. But we drift off subject. Oberman is no different. Give me Time Magazine, the Washington Times, all of them over the blowhards on cable and talk radio.

:D Yes, that is a joke!:D

Jester2000
05-22-2009, 18:45

I think you may be confused as to what constitutes "first hand knowledge."

Chaco Taco
05-22-2009, 21:37
I think you may be confused as to what constitutes "first hand knowledge."

Yea, all I did was make a phone call.

Spike was deported!

Engine
05-23-2009, 07:00
Yea, all I did was make a phone call.

Spike was deported!

I knew the Kiwis were obviously not citizens, but with his frequent Marine stories I just assumed (yeah, I know) Spike was a citizen. If you are serious about deportation, then I assume this whole sordid chapter of the class of '09 has been put to bed huh?

Chaco Taco
05-23-2009, 18:20
Spike is in Gitmo because he supposedly assaulted someone on govt property. Jack Bauer will be doing the waterboarding. They think he may know the location of OBL!!!!:eek::p

Engine
05-23-2009, 18:22
Spike is in Gitmo because he supposedly assaulted someone on govt property. Jack Bauer will be doing the waterboarding. They think he may know the location of OBL!!!!:eek::p

Gotcha. :D

darkage
05-23-2009, 18:28
Where's Garfield when ya need him eh ?

saimyoji
05-23-2009, 18:33
you guys gearin' up the internet posse just make yourselves look ridiculous. like my friend who saw spike get his ass kicked some weeks ago. apparently spike's been off the trail for a while, laying low....:-?

Chaco Taco
05-23-2009, 22:47
you guys gearin' up the internet posse just make yourselves look ridiculous. like my friend who saw spike get his ass kicked some weeks ago. apparently spike's been off the trail for a while, laying low....:-?

Yea you want in?:rolleyes:

Chaco Taco
05-23-2009, 22:48

The big word that you used that applies to the whole thread "Apparently"

ed bell
05-24-2009, 00:48
Was this guy caught?
Sounds like the word is yes. This question is from the original post. I checked out the entire original post. The question is "was this guy caught?"

traildust
05-24-2009, 14:27
But where is the proof he was caught? He can't be caught! Not until we get 30,000 views for this thread. Let's all insure Spike's place in WB history and AT folklore.... keep posting. Who will be the winner of the "I got Spiked on the A.T." trail shirt?

Bearpaw
05-24-2009, 15:32
Not until we get 30,000 views for this thread. Let's all insure Spike's place in WB history and AT folklore

What place in WB history? You have to beat 272,311 posts to break the record set by "the thread". :rolleyes:

It aint gonna happen. :o

Foyt20
05-24-2009, 17:41
Which was "the thread"?

saimyoji
05-24-2009, 17:51
What place in WB history? You have to beat 272,311 posts to break the record set by "the thread". :rolleyes:

Which was "the thread"?

better off just dropping it. neither the subject of this thread not that of "the thread" deserve any further discussion.

Bearpaw
05-24-2009, 18:26
Which was "the thread"?

If you don't know, you're better off for it.

better off just dropping it. neither the subject of this thread not that of "the thread" deserve any further discussion.

Amen!

Chaco Taco
05-24-2009, 20:12

Oh man I remember that thread!!

MOWGLI
05-24-2009, 20:14
The Thread = Trail Wreck Theater

Chaco Taco
05-24-2009, 20:17

Im not being overly anal about it but its 272,311 views and 5,000+ posts!;)

Bearpaw
05-25-2009, 11:33
Im not being overly anal about it but its 272,311 views and 5,000+ posts!;)

Well, the "No such thing as a Warraghiyagey!" thread has over 13,000 posts, so it beats "the thread" on that point. Plus it's up to 260,000 views. And it's STILL growing...

Of course, it's mostly the domain of hard-core researchers looking for an elusive New England oddity. They learned their most important skills from Seinfeld. :D

This "Salt and pepper in Hot Springs" thread is a mere babe by way of comparison.

May it wander far from WB to find its path.

wakapak
05-25-2009, 11:36
Well, the "No such thing as a Warraghiyagey!" thread has over 13,000 posts, so it beats "the thread" on that point. Plus it's up to 260,000 views. And it's STILL growing...

Of course, it's mostly the domain of hard-core researchers looking for an elusive New England oddity. They learned their most important skills from Seinfeld. :D

LOL!!! and you have to admit, the Warrghy thread is much MUCH more pleasant to read thru than "the thread" that everyone eludes to from time to time....:)

and yes, we did pick up many skills from Seinfeld! :D

traildust
05-25-2009, 18:27

This "Salt and pepper in Hot Springs" thread is a mere babe by way of comparison.

May it wander far from WB to find its path.

-------------
Well a "thread" about nothing can't compare with the drama of the future best seller "Assault on the A.T.". All the makings of a great Tom Cruise movie - wait Tom Cruise doesn't make great movies.

saimyoji
05-25-2009, 18:45
-------------
Well a "thread" about nothing can't compare with the drama of the future best seller "Assault on the A.T.". All the makings of a great Tom Cruise movie - wait Tom Cruise doesn't make great movies.

if its violence on the AT you want, there are more sensational stories....

Dr O
05-26-2009, 02:34
The Thread = Trail Wreck Theater

What is this thread you speak of? :eek:

zoidfu
05-26-2009, 02:37
Ahhhh, the Minnesota Smith thread. I read that over the course of 2 weeks during my down time at work. Realized that I met him before at the Eagles Nest shelter.... My encounter with him would have gone nicely with that thread but I discovered it about a year after his thru.

Gray Blazer
05-26-2009, 07:23
LOL!!! and you have to admit, the Warrghy thread is much MUCH more pleasant to read thru than "the thread" that everyone eludes to from time to time....:)

No thread for you!!

Dr O
05-26-2009, 07:32

not that there's anything wrong with that

Gumbi
05-26-2009, 08:05
Spike

Gumbi
05-26-2009, 08:06
What happened to him?

Gumbi
05-26-2009, 08:07
Was he the one who assaulted the mad kiwis?

Gumbi
05-26-2009, 08:08
Why are we discussing Seinfeld?

Gumbi
05-26-2009, 08:08
Are we there yet?

Gumbi
05-26-2009, 08:09
I'm hungry!

generoll
05-26-2009, 08:30
http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=274376

Heater
05-26-2009, 09:22
That's all I have to say about that.

Well, I thought it was a very nice story... and you tell it so well!

traildust
05-26-2009, 09:38
http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=274376

The Spike adventure continues. Thanks to another WB intrepid reporter we have a May 11th report of Spike still on the trail at Doc's Knob Shelter. Just when you tire of this long running soap opera a new chapter develops.

darkage
05-26-2009, 10:00
The Spike adventure continues. Thanks to another WB intrepid reporter we have a May 11th report of Spike still on the trail at Doc's Knob Shelter. Just when you tire of this long running soap opera a new chapter develops.

Better than reading the morning paper, its always the same ole stuff ...

But on WB, there's allways something, or someone to lol at ...

bulldog49
05-26-2009, 11:09

If you are so tired of it, why do you continue reading and posting to this thread? :confused:

Gumbi
05-26-2009, 11:44
If you are so tired of it, why do you continue reading and posting to this thread? :confused:
Because it's fun. It's also fun to complain about thread drift, and it's also fun to complain about those who are complaining. People just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something.:D

WhiteBearDog
05-26-2009, 23:24
I found this photo on Trail Journals of Spike's message to the world:

http://www.trailgallery.com/photos/4267/tj4267_042809_154657_433112.jpg

Now that is down right just creepy! Be careful guys!:eek:

WhiteBearDog
05-26-2009, 23:57
Sorry all... new to WB and just realized how "OLD NEWS" this is in the world of mb's. So whats the update? BLown out of proportion?

:-?

traildust
05-27-2009, 10:54
Update.

We heard in one report he was off the trail. Then we hear in another report he is still out there.

We know that an incident occured between two hikers. We have heard one person's side of the story - second hand but a reliable source because he talked or emailed with the victim.

Really we await confirmation of detention.

We know we have bounced on and off topic multiple times.

We know life goes on a so does this thread.

darkage
05-27-2009, 11:06
Still trying to track down garfield .... he'd know what to do!

flemdawg1
05-27-2009, 11:41
Garfield?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/James_Abram_Garfield%2C_photo_portrait_seated.jpg/225px-James_Abram_Garfield%2C_photo_portrait_seated.jpg

warraghiyagey
05-27-2009, 12:05
http://quailwood.fruitvale.k12.ca.us/Images/garfield-9063.gif

darkage
05-27-2009, 12:25
http://quailwood.fruitvale.k12.ca.us/Images/garfield-9063.gif

You found garfield!!!!!

traildust
05-27-2009, 17:04
Garfield?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1f/James_Abram_Garfield%2C_photo_portrait_seated.jpg/225px-James_Abram_Garfield%2C_photo_portrait_seated.jpg Ha! Ha ! Ha! Thanks to the comic page editors. Some sharp folks working in that section of the WB news

traildust
05-27-2009, 17:08
Is there really such a thing as a "warraghiyagey"? Of yes that is the senseless thread isn't it?

Heater
05-27-2009, 18:41
Is there really such a thing as a "warraghiyagey"? Of yes that is the senseless thread isn't it?

Made perfect sense to me. Of course, I was always drunker than Cooter Brown whenever I was on there. :D

SteveJ
05-27-2009, 23:53
Made perfect sense to me. Of course, I was always drunker than Cooter Brown whenever I was on there. :D

drunk? drunk? oh - my drink is empty - tyme to re--pour!

darkage
05-28-2009, 00:05
Someone say "Cooter" ?!

Dr O
05-28-2009, 04:17
drunk? drunk? oh - my drink is empty - tyme to re--pour!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy :D

traildust
05-28-2009, 09:37
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy :D

Someone should make a sign with this quote and have it sent to the Doyle in Spike's honor. A suggestion to him maybe.