PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good trail

Phoenixdadeadhead
04-29-2009, 12:42
I have decided, that I will take all 3 nephews on a weekend hike in Swananoa, including the crying 11 year old and the 4 year old. Now I need to find an attractive hike less than 5 miles to a shelter. I am coming from eastern NC, and they live in Newport News VA, so I will be driving up 64. The less I have to drive the better. Also on a side note, I have never hiked into Fontana, but in June we will most likely be ending a hike there, any1 in the area willing to drive 2 or 3 of us back to our truck at the Dome for gas money?

Ox97GaMe
04-29-2009, 14:09
Depends on when in June. I will be doing trail maintenance in the Fontana area a couple weekends in June. If the shedules align, I would be willing to do that.

However, your best bet would be to contact Jeff at the Hike Inn to arrange for a shuttle.

Phoenixdadeadhead
04-29-2009, 14:53
Not exactly sure the date, My nephew thinks he gets out of school on the 14th, so best guess we would be in Fontana, on or around the 25th, I will check out Hike Inn though, is that the Hostel I heard about in Fontana?

Chaco Taco
04-29-2009, 16:06
Not exactly sure the date, My nephew thinks he gets out of school on the 14th, so best guess we would be in Fontana, on or around the 25th, I will check out Hike Inn though, is that the Hostel I heard about in Fontana?
yep its a bit off from the trail

Phoenixdadeadhead
04-29-2009, 17:21
Maybe it would be smarter to park the truck there, and get the shuttle to the dome, instead of parking at the dome and getting the shuttle back?