PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to have a permit?

Morning Glory
04-29-2009, 23:27
A friend and I were doing some trail magic today at the Sams Gap parking area. We had a grill out cooking hamburgers. Anyway, later in the afternoon a guy from R&M Landscaping comes to mow the area. He comes over to us and asks us if we have a permit to be there. He says a permit to grill. I told him I didn't know we needed one. And he said, yes we did since we are on state property. Does anyone know if this is true?

curtisvowen
04-30-2009, 06:59
I would guess that he thought you were a "vender" and that's isn't allowed on State (Tennessee) property without a permit.

Ox97GaMe
04-30-2009, 07:23
Never heard of needing a permit to do trial magic. I know that they have started breaking up trail magic events in the Smokies. Apparently, there was one last year or the year before that got a little out of hand at Newfound Gap.

Chaco Taco
04-30-2009, 08:08
A friend and I were doing some trail magic today at the Sams Gap parking area. We had a grill out cooking hamburgers. Anyway, later in the afternoon a guy from R&M Landscaping comes to mow the area. He comes over to us and asks us if we have a permit to be there. He says a permit to grill. I told him I didn't know we needed one. And he said, yes we did since we are on state property. Does anyone know if this is true?

Interesting, especially since they do a huge feed at that spot each year.