PDA

View Full Version : gps garmin60csx need help

THEmapMAKER
05-01-2009, 20:38
I have several tracks on my GPS unit. I installed the map source software to transfer the tracks from my GPS unit to my computer. When I try to transfer I select "RECEIVE FROM DEVICE". When I hit "RECIEVE FROM DEVICE" mapsource can not find my gps unit. My computer can find it, but the mapsource program can not. Mapsource says I should set the intereface option on your gps to "Garmin" or "Host". I searched the manuel and all the menus on my GPS unit and I can not figure how to get mapsource and my gps unit to communicate. Can someone help me?

DaleTr
05-01-2009, 21:28
http://www.gpsfaqs.org/faqs/garmin/xseries/g60csx/

The Old Fhart
05-01-2009, 21:46
Have you set your GPS up as instructed by the software? To do so turn the 60CSx on then press the MENU button twice to get to the page with the SETUP screen. Use the arrow keys to get to SETUP and press ENTER. On the next screen use the arrow keys to get to INTERFACE and press ENTER. On the next screen that appears, use the arrow keys to go to the box marked "Serial Data Format" and press ENTER. Select GARMIN and press ENTER. You can now press QUIT 3 times to back out of the setup screens. Try to use Mapsource now to see if that works.

THEmapMAKER
05-02-2009, 11:19
THE OLD FART, I tried what you said and i still get the same message.

THEmapMAKER
05-02-2009, 11:22
i have my unit connected using the usb cable that came with the gps unit. Do I need to buy a seirel cable?