PDA

View Full Version : Hiking the trail this May? I need you!

yeowls
05-02-2009, 18:04
Hi,

I have a friend who will be hiking the trail during the month of May, and I have been challenged to send him a message while he's out there though another hiker. He's starting May 3 at the Rocky Run Shelter in West Virgina and is heading north to end in Kent, CT May 30. Would anyone be crossing that path (perhaps going from north to south?) that would be willing to try delivering a verbal message? That would be so awesome!!

Thanks,
Kate

yeowls
05-04-2009, 16:12
Please? Anybody?
I'm desperate...:confused:

warraghiyagey
05-04-2009, 18:49
Unless he's a supreme hiker he'll never make that distance and therefore it would be VERY difficult logistically to help you out. . . . How about jsut stay in contact via internet? He'll have plenty of opportunities to reach you there. . .

Alaskanhkr23
05-04-2009, 18:54
Im hiking south tomarrow from kent

yeowls
05-04-2009, 21:18
He's a pretty experienced hiker, and he's got every day's distance planned out. It will be difficult, but we all believe in him. He's been wanting to do it for a while.

The issue is not that we stay in contact, I know that's not a problem. It's more of a challenge, just for kicks...it would be pretty crazy to have a random hiker walk up to him and tell him a message when he least expects it. Plus, being such a long hike, I thought it would be a fun event to happen somewhere in the middle.

Alaskanhkr23...you just might be my hero!