PDA

View Full Version : Pots and pans

Phoenixdadeadhead
05-03-2009, 15:13
At a recent trip to the thrift store I found this set for 2 dollars, and I really like it, and I would liketo know who makes it so I can buy some for my nephews when they are ready, and maybe a backup for myself. I am going to try to add the pics to this but I will probably fail lol.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k287/phoenixdadeadhead/002-4.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k287/phoenixdadeadhead/001-5.jpg

hoz
05-03-2009, 15:33
I have a set much like that but mine are three nesting pots with lids. Mine were called "Billy Pots" and I got them from Campmor a long time ago. I haven't seen that kind in many years.

Phoenixdadeadhead
05-03-2009, 15:52
I had heard people talk about a set like this where the lid was also your pan/bowl, but this was the first one I had seen that really met that description. I go to the thrift stores every time i am in town and buy every camping pot/pan I see, and normally take bits from 1 and add them to bits from another to make a set i like, but this set was too cool to separate lol. I just wish I knew who made it lol

Feral Bill
05-03-2009, 17:22
That's the old English Bulldog kettles. 1, 2 and 3 liter pots/set,, with lids. I use them all the time. Better than anything on the market, and, of course, no longer made. I replaced my old battered set a few years ago with a set on Ebay.

Plusses: light, bail handles, useful dish/fry pan/lid with each.
Minuses: you have to be careful about scorching food (like any aluminum kettle).

sarbar
05-05-2009, 12:33
Were those made of aluminum? If so...don't do acidic foods in them (taste wise) otherwise they are fine. :)

Phoenixdadeadhead
05-05-2009, 13:00
That's the old English Bulldog kettles. 1, 2 and 3 liter pots/set,, with lids. I use them all the time. Better than anything on the market, and, of course, no longer made. I replaced my old battered set a few years ago with a set on Ebay.

Plusses: light, bail handles, useful dish/fry pan/lid with each.
Minuses: you have to be careful about scorching food (like any aluminum kettle).
Yeah, I love this set, maybe I need to start looking for more sets now lol. I made one modification since this pic, I took off the handles on the top and replaced it with a removable locking handle.