PDA

View Full Version : tarp question

joestein
05-03-2009, 23:13
so ive been looking for a bigger rainfly for my HULBA since the stock fly is to small for heavy or driven rain.

i was wondering if the Maccat standard would suffice? or should i go with the deluxe?

i would post this on hammock forums but its not letting me register ( something ive tried and failed a few times

HikerRanky
05-03-2009, 23:35
I have a MacCat Deluxe for my Warbonnet BlackBird hammock and it is very nice.... I suspect that the Standard might be a little bit on the smallish size....

Randy

hammock engineer
05-04-2009, 05:49
I used the Deluxe on one for awhile. Worked well and gave the extra coverage I wanted. I think the micro is closer to the hh tarp but in hex shape. If you want to shed some weight and spend a little more I hear good things about his spinntex tarp.

PM Attroll that you can't register. He can set you up.

Egads
05-04-2009, 06:56
The standard is fine for 3 seasons.

bigcranky
05-04-2009, 07:26
I have the longer Hennessy, and the Deluxe is required. For your hammock, the Standard would be okay, but the weight difference isn't all that much for the extra coverage provided by the Deluxe. Great tarp in a bad storm, in my experience.

steve43
05-04-2009, 07:26
regardless of the size, mccats are bomb proof. i love my deluxe.

fifo

take-a-knee
05-04-2009, 08:45
I almost pulled the trigger on a Macat Standard, I went with the Deluxe in SpinnUL, I think it is an ounce and a half heavier.