PDA

View Full Version : Tarp pitching article

Streamweaver
06-12-2004, 19:40
Article (http://home.earthlink.net/~lil_bear/tent.htm) Heres an interesting article originally published in 1911 with info that is still usefull today. Streamweaver

jdubs74
06-13-2004, 13:49
streamweaver

Very cool article. I'm heading back to PA soon for a section hike. I planned on tenting, but I may just bring a tarp. Do you have any ideas how the insects are in that area late june/early july? Again- great article. ------jdubs74

FatMan
06-13-2004, 14:10
With all the changes we see in shelters, this article re-inforces that some of the most reliable solutions have stayed the same over a century. I just ordered a Hennessey Explorer Deluxe Asym today, but it is nice to know if it doesn't live up to the hype I can always return to the good old tried and tested over the century simple piece of material we call a Tarp.

Doctari
06-13-2004, 16:16
Great article and guide.

I tarped for 4 years, felt (rather arrogantly?) I was an "expert" at it, even so I still learned much. Information I may still use even though I am very comfortable with my tent.

Doctari.

liplip
06-13-2004, 18:38
Streamweaver, thanks for the article.

bobgessner57
06-13-2004, 20:09
What a great little article. I love to tarp, the flexibility is awesome, and this is a good teaching tool for novices and old dogs alike.