PDA

View Full Version : Any places in these trail towns to dance?

Pencil Pusher
06-13-2004, 02:50
I'd guess it'd be country, but that's fine. I browsed through some of these threads, but nothing in the way of nightlife was mentioned. Maybe someone could write a book, "Nightlife on the AT". Sh-it, shower, shave, throw on some Levis and meet some women. How about it?

A-Train
06-15-2004, 10:55
If thats what your looking for, the AT ain't the place. But Monson is pretty hoppin on a friday

smokymtnsteve
06-15-2004, 11:20
Paddler's Pub in Hot Springs.

Do they dance at DOT"S?

Trail Days. I seen'em dance at trail days

warren doyle
06-15-2004, 11:22
As one who attended 20 contra dances (and consumed 20 half gallons of ice cream for a rare 20/20) during the 2000 AT Circle Expedition, there are contra dances near Hiawassee, GA; Asheville, NC; Boone, NC; Damascus, VA;
Pearisburg, VA; Roanoke, VA; Waynesboro, VA; Winchester, VA; Harpers Ferry, WV; Frederick, MD; Duncannon, PA; Sheffield, MA; Pittsfield, MA; North Adams, MA; Bennington, VT; Norwich, VT; Hanover, NH.
But then again, my interpretation of 'night life' may be different than yours.

smokymtnsteve
06-15-2004, 11:26
been to a cloggin festival at Fontana!!! it is held every sept...you have to be a SOBO.

Lone Wolf
06-15-2004, 11:40
Hmmm. Dancing near the trail. There's a strip bar just outside of Millinocket. Nekid chicks dancing! :banana

trailangelmary
06-16-2004, 02:34
:banana Nobody cares if you can't dance well; just get up and dance!

c.coyle
06-16-2004, 07:14
Hmmm. Dancing near the trail. There's a strip bar just outside of Millinocket. Nekid chicks dancing! :banana

If you're in Port Clinton, it's a 30 minute shuttle to Reading. Al's Diamond Cabaret.

Alligator
06-16-2004, 08:30
One should always consider the local talent pool/population density when frequenting an establishment of this nature. :-?

wolfgang82
06-19-2004, 12:14
Mary,
I'll dance with you.
Michael aka,
wolfgang82

Flash Hand
08-21-2004, 05:25

Thanks will keep that in my mind!!!!!

Also, to get hitched 15 miles into Gatlinburg from GSMNP, and you will enjoy good dances and playin pool at Hogs and Honey. Beware, cops crusing the street, will give ya free ride to jail for Public Intoxication. Damn them.

Flash Hand :jump

Sarge
08-21-2004, 07:27
If you're in Port Clinton, it's a 30 minute shuttle to Reading. Al's Diamond Cabaret.Been there before! The only thing was that you had to bring your own beer. We walked in with a whole cooler with us.

Sarge

Seraphim
01-08-2005, 16:55
Well, I did some contra dancing, too... But mostly I just danced wherever, whenever. Gatlinburg also has a kareoke bar, up the Ripley's street on the left. Fun times. I had my birthday in Atkins, and I danced at the Relax Inn on the sidewalks, in the grass, on the covered bridge, over to DQ and The Barn... Pearisburg's sportsbar was fun too. The Doyle... how many dances have they seen? Dance in the college towns, dance in Glencliff, DANCE IN GORHAM, ANDOVER AND ALL OF MAINE! Stratton's bar, with great locals and live bands and kareoke on random nights, was a close second to Caratunk's extravagant outdoor resort bar full o' fun (DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE), but both were prime spots to dance, sing and have a blast! Millinocket's Blue Ox is used to getting torn up by hiker feet, too.... Possibilities are endless! Dance the whole trail! :jump