PDA

View Full Version : vp cheney's hiding location - right near AT?

wilconow
06-15-2004, 15:44
isnt this right near raven rocks cliffs, in the md part of the AT? about 6 miles from the md-pa border, about 3 from the high rock overlook? Devils Racecourse Shelter, Fort Ritchie????

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash7.htm

Pencil Pusher
06-15-2004, 15:51
I'm not visualizing it. Would you mind taking a few photos to share with the rest of us? If you ignore the guards and look like you should be there, they won't hassle you, just walk right in...

wilconow
06-15-2004, 16:03
this is about the best i can do.

raven rocks

http://www.marylandoutdoorclub.org/images/archives/2496.jpg

high rock, about 3 miles north of raven rocks cliffs.. also known as quirack mountain or something like that

http://www.marylandoutdoorclub.org/images/archives/1542.jpg

bobgessner57
06-15-2004, 18:58
That stuff has been an open secret for years. You know you are close when you see hikers with bugs in their ears.

Kozmic Zian
06-16-2004, 09:28
Yea.....Govt Stuff. When you get to MD, you're up South Mountain all the way to Pen Mar.....Camp David is right up there, there's a 'secret lair' on some Govt property just east of South Mountain.....usually the Pres - VP's chopper can be seen flying very low along with other 'gun ships'.....makes you feel like you're somehow, not in the Mountains anymore. They'd know how to screw up a good thing (a nice, quiet woodsy walk) would't they? KZ@

Kozmic Zian
11-14-2004, 20:17
Yea.....Govt Stuff. When you get to MD, you're up South Mountain all the way to Pen Mar.....Camp David is right up there, there's a 'secret lair' on some Govt property just east of South Mountain.....usually the Pres - VP's chopper can be seen flying very low along with other 'gun ships'.....makes you feel like you're somehow, not in the Mountains anymore. They'd know how to screw up a good thing (a nice, quiet woodsy walk) would't they? KZ@ Yea...actually it's Ft. Richey, right up at Pen Mar. You could throw a rock off Pen Mar to the east and hit the Ft.

The Eleven
11-17-2004, 10:50
Yeah, I agree.....Govt always somehow gets there fingers in the pie and can't leave anything alone for "just for the hikers"! Sometimes I wonder if they ordered there brains in the french fry line! Little Bear 2 CT

oyvay
11-18-2004, 01:19
Actually Fort Richie is an almost empty base. If you see Military guys at High Rock they're probably just checking on their radio towers up there. Camp David is somewhere around Catoctin National Park about ten miles East of High Rock. When the Pres., VP, or any other VIPs from the gov't are there, some trails become off limits and the earplug boys are patrolling. Cheney was supposed to have been hiding out there after 9/11.

Pencil Pusher
11-18-2004, 01:56
So maybe thereabouts is where I'd hop on the bandwagon with everyone else and proclaim that area to be off leash prohibited, law enforcement included. Nothing more insulting than being attacked by a crazed police dog and in the process of trying to defend yourself, getting knocked up with additional charges for trying to get the crazy effer off your arm or leg...No dogs off leash!! Or else!

Jaybird
11-18-2004, 10:45
isnt this right near raven rocks cliffs, in the md part of the AT? about 6 miles from the md-pa border, about 3 from the high rock overlook? Devils Racecourse Shelter, Fort Ritchie????
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash7.htm

i think the Devil's part is correct! hehehehehehehe

i wouldnt wanna be too close...Satan might be meeting Cheney there! :D

Crash
11-18-2004, 10:58
So maybe thereabouts is where I'd hop on the bandwagon with everyone else and proclaim that area to be off leash prohibited, law enforcement included. Nothing more insulting than being attacked by a crazed police dog and in the process of trying to defend yourself, getting knocked up with additional charges for trying to get the crazy effer off your arm or leg...No dogs off leash!! Or else!

Huh? what does that have to do with hiking the Trail?
Put a leash on it and get back to discussing the Trail not politics
I go on the Trail to get away from it.