PDA

View Full Version : Wanderlust Outdoor Gear

rmtjr
06-16-2004, 11:54
Is Wanderlust Outdoor Gear, aka Kurt Russell in Mrytle Beach, S.C. still in business? I thought there was an earlier similar thread, but I could not find it. The telephone number on the Wanderlust web site generates a "no longer in service" recording.

rmtjr
06-16-2004, 14:45
Please disregard my post. I found posts about this company, the last one a week ago. Probably nothing new to report. It seems Wanderlust does not communicate very well - if at all.

rmtjr
08-14-2004, 22:04
On June 19 I mailed Wanderlust a certified letter with return receipt requested. I'd had no luck with email and the web site phone number was disconnected. My letter was returned unclaimed last week. The post office had made two attemtps to deliver without success. The letter was in the post office unclaimed for six weeks. It seems that Wanderlust is not in business anymore.

A postal service note: I thought a certified, return receipt requested letter would get good service. Hmmm. The Mrytle Beach, S.C. P.O. attempted to deliver the letter five days after I mailed it. That's OK. My local P.O. rep told me that if the letter was not claimed another attempt to deliver would be made 10 days after the first one. Well, it turned out the second attempt was a month after the first one.

Near the end of July, almost six weeks after I mailed the letter, I started asking P.O. questions. All I got locally was a central phone number to call. That avenue didn't work. My local P.O. people suggested that I call the Mrytle Beach, S.C. P.O. I did and those reps said they did not know anything about the letter. I finally submitted a lost letter form about Aug 4. A few days later I received a call from the San Antonio P.O. reporting that my letter was put in the mail for return to me on Aug 5. Golly, how interesting. A day or so after the Mrytle Beach P.O. folks don't know anything about the letter, its in the mail back to me. Oh, my local P.O. never offered to start tracking the letter throught its channels. The supervisor here just gave phone numbers to me for me to call.

Maybe all that money spent on sponsoring a bicycle team could have been better spent on service upgrades or customer satisfaction classes.

TakeABreak
08-14-2004, 23:43
rmtjr,

I bought a nomad light from Kurt in the fall of 99, It took forever for me to get it, I finally asked him he wanted me to come get it, since I was only 4 hours away. He got the message and got his ass in gear. I have wished I never wasted my money ever since, I am 6 ft and it is cramped for me. I did find Kurt Russell to slow and lazy, I would never do business with him again. Good luck on getting your money back. His gear is not what he makes it out to be, try a bivy sack with a lightweight tarp.