PDA

View Full Version : A.T. DVD's/Books

World-Wide
05-13-2009, 08:32
Best wishes to you and your's! My question is focused on "A.T. Information." I was bit by the hiking bug a couple years ago while hitting the trails here in Okinawa. A hiking buddy gave me the "TREK" DVD and from that moment on I knew I just had to attempt a thru-hike on the A.T. Since viewing that DVD I've bought "Appalchian Impressions" and "2000 Miles to Maine." I could relate to TREK and thought Appalachian Impressions broke the trail down pretty good, but thought 2000 Miles to Maine short-changed me because they skipped so many states on camera. The DVD's, just like WB keeps me focused, but I was wondering if there were other DVD's or books that would keep me focused on my ultimate goal of hiking the A.T. All suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)

Blissful
05-13-2009, 09:55
I liked reading White Blaze Fever myself. Others say Model T's books are good, though I have not read them.
I also get inspired reading Bill Irwin's book hiking the AT blind with his guide dog. Blind Courage.

sheepdog
05-13-2009, 10:00
I liked " AWOL on the Appalachian Trail" and "A Walk for Sunshine"

World-Wide
05-13-2009, 17:26
I liked reading White Blaze Fever myself. Others say Model T's books are good, though I have not read them.
I also get inspired reading Bill Irwin's book hiking the AT blind with his guide dog. Blind Courage.

Thanks! :)

World-Wide
05-13-2009, 17:26

Thanks! :)

schnikel
05-13-2009, 17:45

I agree. Both are some of my favorites.