PDA

View Full Version : Virginia AT license plates!!!

Blissful
05-13-2009, 19:31
Are here!! Finally. Got mine in the mail today, just in time to put on the car before we head to Trail Days. Has McAfee Knob on it, and "Blisfl" of course. :)

Ol Mole
05-13-2009, 19:47
This is great news. I put off getting my plates last week when the AT choice came up blank. Thanks for letting us know.

Survivor Dave
05-13-2009, 19:53
Are here!! Finally. Got mine in the mail today, just in time to put on the car before we head to Trail Days. Has McAfee Knob on it, and "Blisfl" of course. :)

We don't get custom AT plates in Ga......:mad::(

Mrs Baggins
05-13-2009, 20:31
Amazing. Just a few months ago I contacted the VA DMV and they said there were no plans for an AT plate. Doesn't matter now 'cause we're moving to Maryland next May.

tenbeer
05-14-2009, 14:49
I can't find any info on DMV about AT tags. You wouldn't have a link would you?

Blissful
05-15-2009, 10:31
I can't find any info on DMV about AT tags. You wouldn't have a link would you?

Actually DMV knows nothing from what people have said. Might check through the ATC office and see if they can help. I got mine through them when they had the major campaign for it last year.

tenbeer
05-15-2009, 12:20
Actually DMV knows nothing from what people have said. Might check through the ATC office and see if they can help. I got mine through them when they had the major campaign for it last year.

Thanks Blissful. After playing around on the DMV sight for a while, I figured how to order the plates. If you click on the browse section, the tag does not exist. But if you actually go into the "buy tags" section, the AT tag exists in the drop down box. The fee is an additional $25.00 per year for a non personilized tag. I am not sure about a personilized AT tag fee. Interesting, you can only personalize with 6 letters. The standard tag you can personilize with 7 letters.

ShoelessWanderer
06-02-2009, 12:04
I saw these at Trail Days on a few vehicles. They're awesome looking! So glad VA finally came on board with the At License Plates!

ShoelessWanderer
06-02-2009, 12:05
Thanks Blissful. After playing around on the DMV sight for a while, I figured how to order the plates. If you click on the browse section, the tag does not exist. But if you actually go into the "buy tags" section, the AT tag exists in the drop down box. The fee is an additional $25.00 per year for a non personilized tag. I am not sure about a personilized AT tag fee. Interesting, you can only personalize with 6 letters. The standard tag you can personilize with 7 letters.

It's because the graphics on the AT tag takes up more room than the regular tag. But hey, it's McAfee's Knob! It's worth loosing a letter over, right?

mikec
06-02-2009, 12:43
I waited for an AT plate and never heard back from the DMV so I ordered Shenandoah National Park, Virginia plates instead.

tenbeer
06-02-2009, 13:12
It's because the graphics on the AT tag takes up more room than the regular tag. But hey, it's McAfee's Knob! It's worth loosing a letter over, right?
I'm in!!!!

MyName1sMud
06-10-2009, 11:00
I wish we could have personalized tags in MS :(