PDA

View Full Version : NeoAir

hawkeye
05-15-2009, 16:46
I'm a sucker for new stuff. I bought one. It is light. I am broke. My wife will kill me if she sees it! Maybe I can color it black and tell her it's my Big Agnes??

Ladytrekker
05-15-2009, 16:51
Love mine, it is so small and so light. It took me 26 puffs to blow it up tight and I found it more comfortable at about 80 to 85% full. It is as comfortable as a large blow up mattress. I hope that it is durable and holds up. Will not use it directly on the ground or to sit around on. I am thinking of pairing it with a thermarest z foam pad. I can use the pad to sit and rest on, etc. and then under my neo air while sleeping. I have the regular and it rolls up and fits into a 4.75" x 8" dry bag. Happy.

Engine
05-15-2009, 16:51
I'm a sucker for new stuff. I bought one. It is light. I am broke. My wife will kill me if she sees it! Maybe I can color it black and tell her it's my Big Agnes??

Buy one for her too after you have enough money for the purchase. My wife almost fainted when I told her what I spent on ours, but after using it for 4 or 5 nights she was "sold".

MisterSweetie
05-15-2009, 23:33
I bought one too, but it's not here yet. I can't wait. :D

Many Walks
05-15-2009, 23:48
When she spots it just say "oh, that old thing?!"...you know, like what she says when you ask if her top is new.

cashout
05-17-2009, 11:46
I bought a Small NeoAir last month. Small, light (9oz), better insulation (2.5 R- value) than the Prolite but noisy when you move around. I have used a small prolite (11oz) when section hiking because I could also use it as my internal frame to save weight. (In my pack, I can remove the internal frame which weights about 16oz and use the Prolite with partial air fill as a frame replacement). The NeoAir doesn't work well as a internal frame replacement due to it's flimsiness and air fill difference. Because of this, I am sticking with the Prolite.

hawkeye
05-17-2009, 11:53
When she spots it just say "oh, that old thing?!"...you know, like what she says when you ask if her top is new.

I've used that before. I have alot of "old things" for backpacking and cycling!