PDA

View Full Version : The Trail Heroes hit Maine

TrailHeroes
05-16-2009, 11:44
Hi all,

We are currently driving up to Maine. We will be staying in a hotel tonight and hoping to be allowed to summit Katahdin tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who has shown support for us.

Feel free to follow us along at www.trailheroes.com.

Once again, thank you all for your support and we look forward to bringing you some entertainment!

- Paul

JAK
05-16-2009, 12:30
It's a lovely tell your mother kind of day.

Thanks for the blog link.

boarstone
05-20-2009, 17:01
Trailheroes are out of the "100 mile wilderness". I picked them up this a.m. at Jo-Mary campground and took them to Bangor to await a ride back home.

STEVEM
05-20-2009, 17:17
What am I missing here? If they're going home after a few days is their hike over? That's a pretty fancy website for a four day section hike.

zoidfu
05-20-2009, 17:20
Did they save the trail? Don't leave us hanging!

Lone Wolf
05-20-2009, 17:20
Trailheroes are out of the "100 mile wilderness". I picked them up this a.m. at Jo-Mary campground and took them to Bangor to await a ride back home.

much ado over nothing :)

Shutterbug
05-20-2009, 17:23

I don't guess any of us should be surprised. Which was it? Was the snow too deep on Whitecap Mountain or are the rivers too high?

boarstone
05-20-2009, 17:33
3 days out of Baxter (they couldn't climb K) they only made it as far as Cooper brook. I got called from my friends at Jo-mary campground that they needed a ride out....trip over. They gave it a try at least but got over whelmed I think.:( Hurried and didn't take their time and try to enjoy the trip.

zoidfu
05-20-2009, 17:42
time to change the group name

Blissful
05-20-2009, 18:05
Sure Maine people can tell you that this is not the time to be out there unless you know what your'e doing and the conditions... :(

Chomp09
05-20-2009, 18:07
What do you think they're gonna do with all those power bars now???:D

TJ aka Teej
05-20-2009, 18:17
Well, they actually tried, so good for them. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they hit the trail again soon.

woodsy
05-20-2009, 19:01
Hopefully they at least fed some BLACKFLIES for us locals

vonfrick
05-20-2009, 21:23
my gramma could make it to jo mary lake :rolleyes:

warraghiyagey
05-21-2009, 08:44
much ado over nothing :)

my gramma could make it to jo mary lake :rolleyes:
Yupperdoodle. . .

STEVEM
05-21-2009, 09:20
Any guess how long it takes these guys to eat 1440 Power Bars?

JAK
05-21-2009, 09:25
Too funny. Just makes me love these guys even more.
If they are seriously funny they'll be back. :D

woodsy
05-21-2009, 10:21
I hope we get a trip report, curious minds want entertainment, as promised.

JAK
05-21-2009, 10:32
You could tell these guys were totally psyched though. They'll be back on the trail for sure.

STEVEM
05-21-2009, 10:43
You could tell these guys were totally psyched though. They'll be back on the trail for sure.

http://www.trailheroes.com/basecamp/files/webpowerbar.jpg

woodsy
05-21-2009, 11:08
I dunno, the Maine woods can be a harsh wake-up call, specially during the onslaught of Blackfly season. :rolleyes::D

JAK
05-21-2009, 11:19
I dunno, the Maine woods can be a harsh wake-up call, specially during the onslaught of Blackfly season. :rolleyes::DThat might be were the sense of humour comes in REAL handy. ;)

woodsy
05-21-2009, 17:07
still waiting to hear what happened, trip report etc.....C'mon fellas,trail heros, suspense is killing me! Fess up! I am gonna keep bumping this thread up till we hear from yas.

Just a Hiker
05-21-2009, 17:24
They seem too young to be giving up at Jo-Mary Road.......they hadn't even climbed anything yet. Must have been black flies......they are bad at this moment, it was 89 degrees today and they are swarming all over my back door. Were they really going to eat Power Bars all the way? That would suck trying to find enough water to choke one of those things down when they got to Pennsylvania this summer.

Just Jim

TrailHeroes
05-21-2009, 18:09
Hey guys,

We are back in New Jersey.

Our 20-mile per day pace is what ended it all for us. After just three days, between the two of us, we had shin splints, a deeply bruised hip (slipped and fell on a root), and a tweaked knee (curse those rocks).

Furthermore, maintaining that pace prevented us from doing much filming for our documentary.

We had to be done by August 15 at the latest (90 days) to be done in time for fall semester. We realize now that combining that pace with a documentary is very unrealistic.

We apologize to those of you that we have disappointed and we tip our hats to the many of you out there that are way more hardcore than us.

Let the critics come out: we deserve it. We will not shy away in the face of failure.

In good news, we will spend the summer in Glacier NP, producing lots of video/photo, without forcing ourselves to crank out 20+ miles per day. For those of you who will continue to follow us, we thank you.

For a more fleshed out response:
www.trailheroes.wordpress.com

-Paul

Just a Hiker
05-21-2009, 18:12
No apology required.....it's your hike! The AT isn't going anywhere, so come back when you have the time to accomplish what you want. Good luck!

Just Jim

Marta
05-21-2009, 18:56
Have a great summer in Glacier, guys!

Blissful
05-21-2009, 19:19
Glacier is a wonderful park.

Moral of the story for the AT, take it easy out there and have fun! Don't need to go 20 miles. Took me seven weeks until I did my first 20. :)

TJ aka Teej
05-21-2009, 19:46
www.trailheroes.wordpress.com

-Paul
Thanks for posting, and fun in GNP!

wrongway_08
05-21-2009, 20:01
holly crap ...... thats a lot of power bars! I got sick of them after 5 or 6 bars, they have about a 10 year supply there :) !

its great they tried and I look forward to when they regroup and try again!

vonfrick
05-21-2009, 21:21
did they move jo mary lake further south? 3 x 20 = ???

STEVEM
05-21-2009, 22:35
Hey guys,

We are back in New Jersey.

Our 20-mile per day pace is what ended it all for us. After just three days, between the two of us, we had shin splints, a deeply bruised hip (slipped and fell on a root), and a tweaked knee (curse those rocks).

Furthermore, maintaining that pace prevented us from doing much filming for our documentary.

We had to be done by August 15 at the latest (90 days) to be done in time for fall semester. We realize now that combining that pace with a documentary is very unrealistic.

We apologize to those of you that we have disappointed and we tip our hats to the many of you out there that are way more hardcore than us.

Let the critics come out: we deserve it. We will not shy away in the face of failure.

In good news, we will spend the summer in Glacier NP, producing lots of video/photo, without forcing ourselves to crank out 20+ miles per day. For those of you who will continue to follow us, we thank you.

www.trailheroes.wordpress.com (http://www.trailheroes.wordpress.com)

-Paul

Why would you guys think it's necessary to apologize to any of the morons on this site? Admitting that you're from NJ explains everything.

Regarding the Powerbars, we know this guy with a bunch of dried cuttlefish, toilet paper and a broken motorhome. Maybe you'd be interested in negotiating a swap.

vonfrick
05-21-2009, 22:48
Why would you guys think it's necessary to apologize to any of the morons on this site. Admitting that you're from NJ explains everything.

Regarding the Powerbars, we know this guy with a bunch of dried cuttlefish, toilet paper and a broken motorhome. Maybe you'd be interested in negotiating a swap.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

modiyooch
05-22-2009, 06:42
did they move jo mary lake further south? 3 x 20 = ???
factor in baxter park