PDA

View Full Version : "Today's Posts/Female Hiking Forum"

World-Wide
05-16-2009, 12:56
I'm new to WB and my question is: When I see a legit "Thread Topic," but on the far right it's identified as a "Female Hiking Forum," am I allowed to respond if I have productive information to add? Don't want to stray into unchartered territory and be identified as a WB "Perve!" :eek:

Bearpaw
05-16-2009, 13:01
I'm new to WB and my question is: When I see a legit "Thread Topic," but on the far right it's identified as a "Female Hiking Forum," am I allowed to respond if I have productive information to add? Don't want to stray into unchartered territory and be identified as a WB "Perve!" :eek:

This quote pretty well sums up the current policy from Lil Red, one of the moderators:

"In case you haven't noticed, there has been a small change in the Women's Forum. No longer does it say 'For women only', this forum is for women's issues only. A place where women can find, all gathered together in one location, female issues. It is open to all members for posting or starting threads, male or female. The same rules apply to this forum as all the others. The only difference is that, subject matter being what it may, male testosterone will be checked at the door. That's it guys, keep the rude, crude things, although tempting to say, in check.

Girls, however, if you start it, humor will be expected, and accepted from all.

If anyone finds something that needs the moderators attention, pm Cuffs and I, and one of us will take care of it.

Thank you for playing and Happy Hiking"

World-Wide
05-16-2009, 13:13
This quote pretty well sums up the current policy from Lil Red, one of the moderators:

"In case you haven't noticed, there has been a small change in the Women's Forum. No longer does it say 'For women only', this forum is for women's issues only. A place where women can find, all gathered together in one location, female issues. It is open to all members for posting or starting threads, male or female. The same rules apply to this forum as all the others. The only difference is that, subject matter being what it may, male testosterone will be checked at the door. That's it guys, keep the rude, crude things, although tempting to say, in check.

Girls, however, if you start it, humor will be expected, and accepted from all.

If anyone finds something that needs the moderators attention, pm Cuffs and I, and one of us will take care of it.

Thank you for playing and Happy Hiking"

Thanks Bearpaw! I saw what I thought was a legit (for all) topic yesterday, but I didn't look to the right to notice it was an all woman's forum topic. It started out "I'm Starting My Menstral Cycle" and that's about when I bailed and hoped there was no register that identified world-wide was scoping out the female forum! :eek:

Gray Blazer
05-16-2009, 13:33
A few WBer's have been banned from the Women's forum in the past.

Ya gotta look for that pink background.

middle to middle
05-16-2009, 13:47
I don,t mind telling you I am one tough guy. Not afraid of anything ! Except one day I responded to a post one day and unknowingly found my response in the womans forum. Scared the heck out of me. I cowered in the corner and shook for a while.

Glad we are part of a new world.

Barbara W. should do a show on it !

World-Wide
05-16-2009, 13:55
I don,t mind telling you I am one tough guy. Not afraid of anything ! Except one day I responded to a post one day and unknowingly found my response in the womans forum. Scared the heck out of me. I cowered in the corner and shook for a while.

Glad we are part of a new world.

Barbara W. should do a show on it !

LOL...:D At least I caught myself before posting anything. Thanks for setting the precedence rather than me! :)

Reid
05-16-2009, 14:00
I think you'll be fine as long as your not posting it up on a woman specific issue. I think it's good that they have a somewhat private place to discuss their issues. I have alot of girlfreinds that limit their outdoor activities due to their hygene issues and if there's a place for them to talk about it and get some advice on how to make it work for them I'm all for it.

World-Wide
05-16-2009, 14:02
I think you'll be fine as long as your not posting it up on a woman specific issue. I think it's good that they have a somewhat private place to discuss their issues. I have alot of girlfreinds that limit their outdoor activities due to their hygene issues and if there's a place for them to talk about it and get some advice on how to make it work for them I'm all for it.

Hooah.....Second that motion!