PDA

View Full Version : Where would you stay in Millinocket?

atsent
05-16-2009, 13:27
My partner and I are SOBOing it in mid June. We wanted to stay in Millinnocket for a few days to before/after doing Katahdin to explore the area, do last minute shopping, etc.

Any recommendations on where to stay? We were thinking Katahdin Cabins... any positive/negative experiences there? We do not want to stay in a hostel so as to enjoy our last days in comfort :) . We also have a rental car so shuttles to and from the trail don't need to be a consideration for lodging.

Thanks!

JDCool1
05-16-2009, 20:46
The best place is Appalachian Trail Lodge. Let Old Man and Navigator take good care of you. Great place, great hosts.

wcgornto
05-16-2009, 21:06
The AT Lodge has hostel dormitory accommodation and also private bedrooms with shared bath. The website is linked below.

http://www.appalachiantraillodge.com/

Whatever you do, I look forward to seeing you on the trail. I start SOBO on June 15.

TJ aka Teej
05-16-2009, 21:43
AT Lodge is run by the finest kind of folks. Good packages too for MEGAs. But if you really don't want to stay in a hostel, Katahdin Cabins is a fine choice. Loaner bikes too!

atsent
05-16-2009, 21:53
Thanks! I made a reservation at Katahdin Cabins-- we have three people who want a private room/shower so that seemed like the best option.

Red Hat
05-17-2009, 18:07
duh, seems like you had your mind made up before you even asked.... the best place is still at the AT Lodge with Ole Man and Navigator.

nero
05-17-2009, 19:11
The Appalachian Trail Lodge sounds nice. Do many folks stay here the night after finishing a thru?