PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Metro Atlanta area driving north to Virginia to hike I need a favor.

Twofiddy
06-19-2004, 21:53
Anyone from the Metro Atlanta area that might be driving up to Northern Virginia between Waynesboro and PennMar park to hike I need a small favor.

I have a package that needs a ride from Atlanta to Virginia.

It is 4 feet long, 18 inches wide, and 56lbs.

Anyone with a pickup truck or SUV that might be able to help me out by giving this package a ride I would appreciate.

I can offer you shuttle services, showers, re-supply, emergency trail side assistance, and other things in return for your kindness.

I will buy you a tank of gas or $40 worth if you would able to help me.

e-mail [email protected]

THANKS

AARON :banana

Tabasco
06-21-2004, 12:47
UPS will ship that and guarantee the delivery too. USPS, FedEx, etc etc, all will deliver. It is legal isn't it?

MisterSweetie
06-21-2004, 13:35
Yes but UPS USPS and FEDEx aren't going that way to hike. :):cool::rolleyes:

smokymtnsteve
06-21-2004, 15:34
and ups/fedex are not always very gentle with your freight eitheir.

Tabasco
06-21-2004, 16:01
I ship about 3 million dollars of product a year via UPS and FedEx, incidents of freight damage are extremely rare. YMMV

I trust what the intrepid Mr Aaron is shipping is legal and everything...

Twofiddy
06-28-2004, 22:50
It sure is legal!!

It is an ARB BULL BAR for the front of my Jeep Cherokee.

I dont want to ship it... ballon freight and heavy weight charge!!

I would rather fill some ones tank with gas a few times for there trouble, and if worse comes to worse I will wind up driving down there to get it!!

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP WITH A RIDE FOR THIS THING!!

Jack Tarlin
06-28-2004, 23:04
Am delighted to hear that we're talking about an automotive accessory.....from Twofiddy's original description of his unusual "package", it sounded like he was trying to divest himself of a rather oddly-built hiking companion.

I was going to suggest that he be a bit kinder, let her down easy, and pay for a Greyhound ticket North.

Glad to see I was evidently mistaken. Geez, four feet long by eighteen inches across, 56 pounds soaking wet.....sounds like this Southbounder chick I met back in the day...... Not much of a stride, but boy, she could do the miles!

Mountain Dew
06-28-2004, 23:40
Twofiddy.....I found your journal last year in Damascus. I didn't know you so i sent it home with thoughts of finding you one day in order to return it. Send me your address so that I can. later, Dew