PDA

View Full Version : Footpath

Chaco Taco
05-17-2009, 12:53
A girl from 2008 (Harvest) put on an amazing exhibit at Traildays this weekend and for any of you that like the pictures can purchase some of her stuff. Sounds like she is going to be presenting it more in the coming months so keep an eye out for her.
http://www.thesarahjones.com/
This beats any other presentation hands down

trippclark
05-17-2009, 20:32
A girl from 2008 (Harvest) put on an amazing exhibit at Traildays this weekend and for any of you that like the pictures can purchase some of her stuff. Sounds like she is going to be presenting it more in the coming months so keep an eye out for her.
http://www.thesarahjones.com/
This beats any other presentation hands down

The show was a bit hard to find (perhaps not so for folks staying in the campground), but was very nice! Thanks for sharing the link.

Chaco Taco
05-17-2009, 20:35
The show was a bit hard to find (perhaps not so for folks staying in the campground), but was very nice! Thanks for sharing the link.

Hmm, It was in the program, on the website, lots of stuff posted around town. Ill pass it on to her. Yea I can see how it would be hard to find though if not out at the campground. Glad you enjoyed.

trippclark
05-18-2009, 13:01
Hmm, It was in the program, on the website, lots of stuff posted around town. Ill pass it on to her. Yea I can see how it would be hard to find though if not out at the campground. Glad you enjoyed.

I'll clarify. Yes, it was on the program and posted. In fact, when planning my trip, I printed the schedule from the website and it was one of my highlighted "plan to attend" events. We ended up driving out there on our way out of Damascus late Saturday afternoon (about 6:00). The program said that it was at the hosiery mill across from the campground, but the building was no where labeled as the hosiery mill. It was the only large building around, except for the bingo hall, so we figured that it must be the place. The parking area said $10, but there was no one there taking money. There was a handwritten sign that said "Art Show" but no sign that said "Footpath" or "photo tour" or anything that matched the description in the program. We cautiously parked in the $10 parking area and walked around looking for someone to ask. Fortunately, Sarah walked out about that time and we made the connection. She was great, and led us in the back way (the entrance was presently blocked by a crew filming an interview with Gene Espy). The photos were wonderful, and I am glad we got to see them.

I don't know where else they could have set up the display, but I do think that if it had been in town that more folks would have been able to see it. It was very worthwhile!

trippclark
05-18-2009, 13:05
By the way, the Georgia "section" on the website appears to be broken. I have tried on two different computers with multiple browsers. The other sections work fine.

Trillium
05-18-2009, 13:53
I don't know where else they could have set up the display, but I do think that if it had been in town that more folks would have been able to see it. It was very worthwhile!
I spoke to Sarah's brother after I viewed the exhibit on Saturday morning. He said that she had visited Damascus earlier in the year and contacted a number of locations. The owner of the old hosiery mill was the only one who responded to her.

I agree that the signage was a bit misleading. Since I was staying in the campground, I heard through word of mouth that the building directly across from the campground entrance was where the exhibit was. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I particularly enjoyed ID'ing a couple of the subjects. I saw the pic of a hiker's back with a pole as a spear in one hand and I said to myself "this HAS to be Johnny Thunder" and when I checked the exhibit listing, of course it was. I also met Springloaded on the 2nd night of my hike last year at the Hawk Mtn Shelter. The third pic that I knew right away was the bridge over the Mass turnpike. I drove under that bridge 5 times as I took my daughter to Massachusetts and then visited her over the past 3 yrs. Perhaps I might get to hike over that bridge this summer when I do my section in Massachusetts.

Kudos to Harvest on a very well done exhibit!

Chaco Taco
05-18-2009, 19:03
Yea i can see where you could have gotten mixed up. It was a great time and she did a great show. Ill pass along the feedback to her.:D

Johnny Thunder
05-18-2009, 20:34
I particularly enjoyed ID'ing a couple of the subjects... I saw the pic of a hiker's back with a pole as a spear in one hand and I said to myself "this HAS to be Johnny Thunder" and when I checked the exhibit listing, of course it was.
Kudos to Harvest on a very well done exhibit!

Did you see the picture titled "Max Patch Baseball'' and notice the perfectly formed behind on the catcher?

Totally Johnny Thunder!

Ox97GaMe
05-18-2009, 22:28
What made it hard to locate was that it was listed in the program as the old mill. For old timers, the old mill was behind the post office. A lot of folks probably headed over there to look for it. I was confused at first too. But, I had someone come to me and point out exactly where it was. The sign in front of the campground helped somewhat, but could have been more specific about the presentation.

I loved the presentation. Great job Harvest.