PDA

View Full Version : New Hostel Plans

Twofiddy
06-19-2004, 22:17
I have been working on a plan and I want to run it by you people.

The Bus Stop Hostel

Opening May 1st 2005 at a location near the trail in Virginia for a 70 day season next year through July 4th.

2 Old Vintage School Busses, side by side, with a large deck between them nestled on a small property .25 miles from the trail. Six bunks in each bus. One contractors Van with double bunk, for couples or not, a short distance from the busses.

Showers, Laundry, Hot Tub (wood fired), and more. Access and shuttles to good eatery for dinner and breakfast and hiker specific re-supply store. Long Term Parking and Long Distance shuttles will also be avaliable.

What do you people think about the recycled busses idea?? Actually we are going to build the entire place out of recycled items. That is going to be the theme. Recycling!!

I am inspired by the Into the Wild Book, and my own thru hike to open this facility.

TWOFIDDY

Lone Wolf
06-19-2004, 22:21
How much $$?

Twofiddy
06-19-2004, 22:38
probably $10 per night including shower and sheets and shuttle.

all other services, including laundry, will be avaliable at adjacent facility.

Skyline
06-19-2004, 22:43
Sounds like a good idea, and hope you pull it off.

Like many things, it's about Location, Location, Location. A quarter mile from the A.T. is great! Can you tell us the part of Virginia you're thinking of? Is it a place where there is already one or more hostels within a couple days' hike? Or would you have the first (or only) hostel in this area?

Twofiddy
06-19-2004, 22:50
Cant reveal location yet!!

However... did Ben Jones' Farm sell yet in Sperryville??

What a place that would be!!

smokymtnsteve
06-20-2004, 10:10
so how is ole Congressman Cootter..worked on his campaigns back in the 80's and recently spoke with his ex-wife vivian at some film shoots here in town. tell cooter I said hello if you are dealing with him...and my "wonderful x-wife Linda" sends her greetings too, I'm sure"

Twofiddy
06-20-2004, 11:54
Not dealing with Cooter!!

I would love to own his farm though!!

He moved back to G-Burg!!

smokymtnsteve
06-20-2004, 11:58
Not dealing with Cooter!!

I would love to own his farm though!!

He moved back to G-Burg!!

yea that's right..

and he opened the DUKES OF HAZARD monstrosity...

it should fit in well in G'burg :sun

White Oak
06-20-2004, 15:51
This sounds like an excellent hostel in the works. I'd stay there, for sure.

Hammock Hanger
06-20-2004, 16:27
SOme folks would come by just due to the novelty of the place. Sounds very interesting. Sue/HH

BonzNRio
08-09-2004, 08:03
Yo Twofiddy holler at me if there's anything I can do to help with this project after sept 15th.I've got 6 weeks off until I need to be back at the ranch.Give me the word I'd be happy to do whatever I can.Email me & I'll give you my #,still in Harpers Ferry.
Peace

Flash Hand
08-11-2004, 19:55
Please don't forget to include your hostel information and direction in thru hiker companion book before they re out for 2005 season. I would love to go and visit your compound. It sound cool to me!

Flash Hand :jump

chknfngrs
10-18-2004, 16:59
TWOFIDDY I think I saw your location....