PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fathers Day!

Miss Janet
06-20-2004, 22:02
I hope you had a great day!

What do you all think about hiking long distances with your children? I noticed a large number of parents and children... teens to older adult children... hiking together this year. There were so many that I think they outnumbered the married partners this year!

My father and my step father are both deceased and I wonder if they would have ever hiked??? Nah, not enough fishing for them! We camped for weeks every year and caught lots of catfish but walking wasn't part of the deal.

Rain Man
06-20-2004, 23:33
I hope you had a great day!

Well, I for one had a GREAT Fathers Day. Got a call bright and early from my daughter Grass. She was at the 501 Shelter in PA with Uncle Ben, Flora & Fauna, and Biscuit. They were all calling their fathers.

Then my youngest daughter brought me breakfast in bed. (Wife had to be at church too early to help with that this year.)

Then after Church, oldest daughter arrived from Knoxville and they all took me out to a feast for lunch.

THEN to top it all off, they took me to REI and gave me a pretty big budget amount AND they were very patient to boot. :)

Ahhhhhh... can't wait till next year now!

:banana
Rain Man

Footslogger
06-20-2004, 23:45
Now that you mention it ...I had a great day (weekend to be exact). BA Turtle and I headed for the mountains just west of Laramie with the kayaks and fishing gear. Found a couple lakes at around 10,500 feet and had them all to ourselves. Still snow at that elevation and the water was a tad chilly but hey ...a swig of brandy now and then keeps the fires burning !!

Happy Father'd Day to all the other Dads out there ...

'Slogger

Brushy Sage
06-21-2004, 12:55
Although we didn't see each other in the flesh, sons Phil (Patco) and David (David) contacted me on Father's Day. We'll be hiking/camping later this year. A couple years ago Patco came out twice and joined me on the AT for a week each time. Wonderful experience.

Jaybird
06-21-2004, 14:59
Thanks for the FATHERS Day wishes, Miss Janet!

I drove by ERWIN twice in the past week...(me & my wife: "D-bird") on the way from Highlands, NC to Damascus,VA & then going home from Banner Elk, NC later in the week.

I almost stopped in to see your place....but, i thought...i'll see it..."IN-PERSON" next year as my section hike experience with "the Model-T crew (http://www.ModelT.net)".

In fact, i think we're planning on ending our section there @ your place. :D