PDA

View Full Version : Superfeet/Shoes

Rowdy Yates
05-22-2009, 08:18
:D This question is for you "shoe guru's". I wear a size 8-8.5 shoe and have a pair of the GoLite Spiketail Trail Shoes in that size. This shoe doesn't have an insert in it so, here is my question; will a pair of Superfeet Green size D work in this shoe without making it too tight to wear comfortably? Any thoughtful help will be appreciated.

Just a Hiker
05-22-2009, 09:09
I personally swear by the Superfeet inserts! They are a tad firm but they really help change the strike of your foot so to reduce knee pain! They will decrease your foot bed volume a little bit, but I've never had a problem with them making the shoe uncomfortable. Take care,

Just Jim

winger
05-22-2009, 09:23
I have the green Superfeet in all of my boots and they work as advertised.
Initially you will notice a tighter fit but then the insert conforms to your foot. Huge improvement over any other inserts.

OldStormcrow
05-22-2009, 09:41
Superfeet have saved my poor old feet. I was cramping between my second and third toes on each foot while hiking downhill due to lack of arch support. They add arch support to hiking boots that are otherwise flat as Kansas without them. Just do the trim to fit thing with your Superfeet and adjust your laces to compensate for the slight amount of added arch.

pyroman53
05-22-2009, 09:43
If you are asking if that particular size will work, best to go to a store that sells them and try on (in) the demos to decide the best size. Too big or too small both have ramifications. I don't think I would buy on-line cause shoe sizes vary (all 8's are not created equal).

leeki pole
05-22-2009, 09:54
I don't think they'll be too tight. If they are, try a pair of coolmax liners. My wife is a nurse and had plantar fasciitis so she got the green ones, she spends all day on hard surfaces and on her feet. Fixed! Also, I got her a pair of Keen sandals. Those are the best shoes made. No problems, she wears New Balance in clinical (I think 572's) and the Keens everywhere else. No inserts in the Keens, they have a great foot bed. I got a pair as an early Father's day present and love them. Good luck!

Many Walks
05-22-2009, 10:50
I like Spenco Backpackers with good support and more cushion than Superfeet IMO. I buy the shoes a bit larger to better accommodate the insoles. Works for me.

Rowdy Yates
05-22-2009, 14:02
If you are asking if that particular size will work, best to go to a store that sells them and try on (in) the demos to decide the best size. Too big or too small both have ramifications. I don't think I would buy on-line cause shoe sizes vary (all 8's are not created equal).

I wasn't asking IF the insole would fit, because I know the insole will likely have to be trimmed to fit. I was wanting to know if the insertion of the insole would cause the show to be so tight that it would be uncomfortable to hike in. I normally wear this size and it fits very well, so there isn't a great deal of space left inside the shoe. I appreciate the advice that a previous posted made about loosing the strings a little. THANKS to everyone who has offered such helpful advice. :p

2rjs
05-22-2009, 14:41
I think you will be ok! As stated before they do increase the volume a little but not a lot. It would be good if you had a dealer close by that would let you try a pair in your shoes.
I use them in my hiking shoes and love them.